Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I'm an hour or so in. Everything looks a bit hazey?

I'm just waiting to get the open world parts to be honest. This must be the tutorial/intro missions.

So is it good? Considering the amount of replies in this thread I suspect so and then I probably have to get it.

So is it good? Considering the amount of replies in this thread I suspect so and then I probably have to get it.

As far as open world games go it’s some next level shit. Provided you don’t wig out if you have to be patient, seeing as you can’t run around in your camp and stuff. If you like your open worlds to be immersive, you’ll love it :)

As far as open world games go it’s some next level shit. Provided you don’t wig out if you have to be patient, seeing as you can’t run around in your camp and stuff. If you like your open worlds to be immersive, you’ll love it :)

Thanks for that. I loved GTA and Far Cry so it sounds like a winner:)

It's weird but I find this so immersive, I wouldn't want to run through camp anyway you know? You don't see anyone else do it, why would Arthur do it?

Same with walking around the towns. I'm enjoying just strolling along the streets, picking up all the details. I'm only actually sprinting if I'm in action or in the middle of nowhere trying to get back to my horse.

Last night i decided to do some exploring after i done a few missions. I was in the middle of nowhere and stumbled on this little campfire with some guy there. He immediately went aggressive and took out his weapon so i had to put him down, but before he dies the fecker shoots my horse. The thing is, i didn't have any horse revival and, as i said, was in the middle of nowhere. So i had to run for ages, found some guy on a horse, murdered him, tamed his horse and rode for what felt like miles into the nearest town to buy some horse revival.

I then had to wait until morning for the shop to open, as it was the middle of the night. Anyway, bought some horse revival, stole someone elses ride and went back to my horse (up in the mountains, somewhere) who was still alive and writhing around in agony. Used horse revival and he got back up. It's just little things like that, that makes the game so immersive and impressive. It may not sound like much, but it's still a cool little side distraction when your actually doing it.

Is there anything to do in Valentine besides bounties? I’m in chapter 2 and have done a few missions but don’t want to rush the game, so would rather do everything I can there since I’m weary the story will move me somewhere else.

Where can I play poker? I couldn’t find it by the saloons.

Last night i decided to do some exploring after i done a few missions. I was in the middle of nowhere and stumbled on this little campfire with some guy there. He immediately went aggressive and took out his weapon so i had to put him down, but before he dies the fecker shoots my horse. The thing is, i didn't have any horse revival and, as i said, was in the middle of nowhere. So i had to run for ages, found some guy on a horse, murdered him, tamed his horse and rode for what felt like miles into the nearest town to buy some horse revival.

I then had to wait until morning for the shop to open, as it was the middle of the night. Anyway, bought some horse revival, stole someone elses ride and went back to my horse (up in the mountains, somewhere) who was still alive and writhing around in agony. Used horse revival and he got back up. It's just little things like that, that makes the game so immersive and impressive. It may not sound like much, but it's still a cool little side distraction when your actually doing it.

The feck? Didn't know a horse could stay alive that long. Good to know.

Also, how the hell could he kill your horse? He must've gotten at least 10 bullets into her.

Is there anything to do in Valentine besides bounties? I’m in chapter 2 and have done a few missions but don’t want to rush the game, so would rather do everything I can there since I’m weary the story will move me somewhere else.

it'll activate after a mission.

Usually whenever you go into Valentine you'll run into a new stranger about something, but generally nothing major.

i'm still on chapter two myself but as far as i'm aware you are never really blocked from going anywhere, as long as you pay the bounties off.

it'll activate after a mission.

Usually whenever you go into Valentine you'll run into a new stranger about something, but generally nothing major.

i'm still on chapter two myself but as far as i'm aware you are never really blocked from going anywhere, as long as you pay the bounties off.
Ahh ok.

So am I Ok to just carry on doing missions? Have a real sense of Fomo. :lol:

Don’t worry about moving elsewhere. You can always return back. Just always pay your bounties.

The feck? Didn't know a horse could stay alive that long. Good to know.

Also, how the hell could he kill your horse? He must've gotten at least 10 bullets into her.

Yeah me neither. I was sure it would be dead by the time i got back. Especially considering i had to wait until morning to get into the store.

I'm not sure how he dropped her so easy. It was only the one guy. I used deadeye on him too, but he got one or two bullets off before i could use it. Must've caught her right in the head.

Ahh ok.

So am I Ok to just carry on doing missions? Have a real sense of Fomo. :lol:
Just keep an eye for the missions in white which can be time sensitive. Otherwise, keep going on the main story because there’s still a lot of the basics to unlock/learn from them.

I only just found Rhodes last night. Game feels massive.

I feel like I should put some proper time into hunting for pelts to make unique outfits etc but it’s so hard to focus on one thing in this game because it just naturally pulls you in different directions.

I only found out how to rob side businesses last night as well :lol:

I think I was too scared to try it since my first attempt of robbing a bank went horribly and I ended up with over 200 bounty.

Thanks for that. I loved GTA and Far Cry so it sounds like a winner:)

No sweat. Wouldn’t mind reading whether it lives up to your expectations once you get into it :)

It's weird but I find this so immersive, I wouldn't want to run through camp anyway you know? You don't see anyone else do it, why would Arthur do it?

Same with walking around the towns. I'm enjoying just strolling along the streets, picking up all the details. I'm only actually sprinting if I'm in action or in the middle of nowhere trying to get back to my horse.

Totally agree. People wondering what’s wrong with me when I run around town also makes me want to not do it.

It was the same for me in Witcher 3, to a certain extent. Didn’t like galloping or fast travelling, as I loved just being in and taking in the world.

Totally agree. People wondering what’s wrong with me when I run around town also makes me want to not do it.

It was the same for me in Witcher 3, to a certain extent. Didn’t like galloping or fast travelling, as I loved just being in and taking in the world.

Same here, I hate running about like some lunatic in games I'll run when the situation calls for it but if it's a situation where a normal person would walk then that's what I'd prefer to do

One thing though is that I would like the fast walk you can do in camp/indoors to be available out in the open streets/world.

On a more sombre note, my main horse & first horse I bought, Red Ned died last night :( RIP Buddy.

Same here, I hate running about like some lunatic in games I'll run when the situation calls for it but if it's a situation where a normal person would walk then that's what I'd prefer to do

One thing though is that I would like the fast walk you can do in camp/indoors to be available out in the open streets/world.

On a more sombre note, my main horse & first horse I bought, Red Ned died last night :( RIP Buddy.

Red Ned :lol:

Sry to hear it, though. And I second what you say about speed walking.

Work until 20:00 then finally work week is over and I can go home and play again :drool:

Unfortunately one of my mates has become a father this week so I have to at some point take a break and visit his stupid baby :mad:

Chapter 4 now. Time to slow down and do more exploring.

End of chp 3 MAJOR SPOILERS. REPEAT, MAJOR SPOILERS.

Gutted about Sean. Love that character. Some ending to chapter 3 though

I've done a couple of missions more but I'm still entertaining myself on the way.
At the entrance to Strawberry a man who was on the edge of an elevated rock called me to see something. He seemed to be demanding that I kill him and throw him down the rock. I did that.
I'm going to settle in St Denis for a few days. A quiet life of walking, talking and poker for the day. At night I'll go hunting, stealing and killing high society ladies in the corners. Unfortunately, you can not always enter the houses, but only in the garden

But they have never come out on PC at all - I've never played the first one as a result and feel kinda sad about that.

The first one didn’t come out because apparently it was a mess development wise and they couldn’t port it.

Now that consoles use the same architecture as PCs this one should be easy to port and I think they’d do it next year. They know how many people double dipped with GTA V.

Chapter 4 now. Time to slow down and do more exploring.

End of chp 3 MAJOR SPOILERS. REPEAT, MAJOR SPOILERS.

Gutted about Sean. Love that character. Some ending to chapter 3 though

Chapter 3 was brilliant. The mission where Dutch rallied everyone together to go and try to rescue Jack gave me Goosebumps.