Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I never seem able to beat that feckin' marksman who pops up from time to time betting you to shoot the bottles. Always get him on the bottles but never the birds. Stupid damn clunky controls.

I never seem able to beat that feckin' marksman who pops up from time to time betting you to shoot the bottles. Always get him on the bottles but never the birds. Stupid damn clunky controls.
Took me ages to actually locate the birds he was shooting at. He was at 4 by the time I got 1. He inevitably won.

Annoyed, I plunged my knife into his chest, looted him, and trotted off.

Just killed the legendary bear and I’ve crafter the bear head hat....looks amazing.

I’ve turned it on this morning and spent the last 90 minutes hunting....barely touching the main quest line thus far.

Just killed the legendary bear and I’ve crafter the bear head hat....looks amazing.

I’ve turned it on this morning and spent the last 90 minutes hunting....barely touching the main quest line thus far.
where do you craft hats? the fence? I didn't see anything at him other than trinkets.

Took me ages to actually locate the birds he was shooting at. He was at 4 by the time I got 1. He inevitably won.

Annoyed, I plunged my knife into his chest, looted him, and trotted off.

I came across him yesterday, prepared to accept the challenge. Trotted upto him to get off of my horse but accidently nudged into him and he started shooting at me which left me with no choice but to kill him :lol:

I've not really gotten into the hunting yet, also I'm not sure where to take stolen wagons.

I had been playing as honourable as possible but after some bandits killed my horse I'm playing like a criminal Batman and seeking vengeance and loot by the cover of darkness

I've not really gotten into the hunting yet, also I'm not sure where to take stolen wagons.

I had been playing as honourable as possible but after some bandits killed my horse I'm playing like a criminal Batman and seeking vengeance and loot by the cover of darkness

:lol: the amount of flexibility this game provides is so fun.

Freaking hate St Denis. Always end up riding into pedestrians and eventually getting a bounty on my head. Streets are too crowded and idiots make sudden turns.

I was so disappointed when...

I had to give away the high value horses that you steal in chapter 3/4

Also had a minor heart attack when...

the kid stole my satchel containing 9 000

Last edited:
I was on the game for about three hours last night but didn’t do a single mission. Just rode around exploring, hunting, checking out secluded cabins and engaging in random events.

The immersion is on another level. The bounty/wanted system could do with a few tweaks and the controls can be clunky but aside from that it’s perfect.

I'm going down a bit of an evil bastard route. I'll pull my weight for the camp (getting honor for helping out at camp, contributing money and helping my gangmates where possible), but in all other scenarios I'm killing anyone that I feel could threaten our people or make our life difficult in general.

For the train robbery in chapter 1 I made the three guards get back on board, then shot them all in the face. Couldn't be trusted. Same with the bloke in Valentine who recognised us from Blackwater. Stamped on his hands to ensure his silence.

Also, anyone else have the hud turned off? Much more immersive, and you can still check all your stats/map etc if you just press down on the d-pad.

Went into a pub looking for a barbers, like valentines one. Needed a style change. It was a pub I wasnt familiar with.

Ended up playing blackjack, eating a meal, chatting up then subsequently robbing 2 prostitutes in a backroom, kidnapping one of them, being chased out of town and finding alligators to dump her infront of to see if they eat her.

Get eaten myself after stealing the gator eggs.

All I wanted was a fecking haircut.

How do I steal the oil wagon for the train robbery from the oil refinery without alerting the guards?

How do I steal the oil wagon for the train robbery from the oil refinery without alerting the guards?

I hopped the fence closest to where the wagon is and legged it to the wagon, then just got out as quickly as possible. No need for a shootout.

Did it first time. Used Dead Eye.

Went into a pub looking for a barbers, like valentines one. Needed a style change. It was a pub I wasnt familiar with.

Ended up playing blackjack, eating a meal, chatting up then subsequently robbing 2 prostitutes in a backroom, kidnapping one of them, being chased out of town and finding alligators to dump her infront of to see if they eat her.

Get eaten myself after stealing the gator eggs.

All I wanted was a fecking haircut.

:lol:

so you don't have to steal one of the two marked on the map then?
you don't but it's pretty easy. Just jump over the fence behind the one more to the left, jump in, leg it as fast as you can and don't look back. You might get a few guys chasing you so dead-eye them asap so they don't blow you up.

I left this mission for a while and when I came back to camp John had already got one.

I was so disappointed when...

I had to give away the high value horses that you steal in chapter 3/4

Also had a minor heart attack when...

the kid stole my satchel containing 9 000

Heads up, on spoilers it's way better if there's a clue what part it's at.

Will I be able to enjoy and follow this game if I haven't played the first one?

It's a prequel but there's a good recap on Youtube that will probably make some of the characters more interesting.

This might be useful for some!

frrprqbztbv11.jpg

https://i.redd.it/frrprqbztbv11.jpg

I'm going down a bit of an evil bastard route. I'll pull my weight for the camp (getting honor for helping out at camp, contributing money and helping my gangmates where possible), but in all other scenarios I'm killing anyone that I feel could threaten our people or make our life difficult in general.

For the train robbery in chapter 1 I made the three guards get back on board, then shot them all in the face. Couldn't be trusted. Same with the bloke in Valentine who recognised us from Blackwater. Stamped on his hands to ensure his silence.

Also, anyone else have the hud turned off? Much more immersive, and you can still check all your stats/map etc if you just press down on the d-pad.

It does seem the easier way to go. However, I'm trying to be good on the first go... mostly finding it quite easy, I'm not really fumbling around on the controls anymore, but sometimes it's just so easy to kill someone and get away with it...

There was only 1 guard for me. In valentine I think.
L2 then triangle to rob him and then you can choke him out and kill him. No guns needed.
There was 1 witness but I got out of there quick with the wagon.

I went in all guns blazing, the horses carting the wagon spooked and ran out so I finished off all the guards and caught up with the wagon a short distance away.

My semi auto shotgun has disappeared and I can't even buy a new one.