Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

They've made the npcs so angry. They're like encouraging you to take down the entire town in a mass killing spree :lol:

Yeah the whole being wanted thing is a bit messed up in towns. Dog runs into your horse and dies? 12 lawman shoot you in the fecking face.

Went to do one of those stranger interactions right next to the sheriffs department in Saint Denis. Accidentally hit the wrong button and got him in a choke hold and all the cops ran out and started shooting instantly even though I was going to surrender :(

Been generally trying to stick to the more honorable actions, but I keep having to kill someone now and then so I'm thinking of going full evil route and just being a most wanted guy and never paying bounties. Though I'm not sure if I can ever do missions if I have a big bounty.
I’m going for the full honor route on my first play through as I usually do, and a few hours in I’ve already accidentally knived a guy to death and left two women to their fates on the road whom I was trying to save.

I've spent all my money on a really nice hat and coat. Felt like this was a priority.

Playing it fairly straight so far, only drawing my weapon on some O' Driscoll scum who gave me the stink eye.

I do need to earn some money though so I might look into that later on if I can get on. Muggings and bank robberies the best way to do this?

I've spent all my money on a really nice hat and coat. Felt like this was a priority.

Playing it fairly straight so far, only drawing my weapon on some O' Driscoll scum who gave me the stink eye.

I do need to earn some money though so I might look into that later on if I can get on. Muggings and bank robberies the best way to do this?

Mug women in alleyways. Men usually have guns on them but the chicks are ripe for a muggin'.

I picked this up on the weekend but yet to play it. Still putting my teeth into Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Though from the anecdotes I’m reading here I can’t wait :lol:

How is it that I am almost 20 hours in yet barely done a main mission? I have Valentine unlocked but only just got past purchasing a horse!

I have spent countless hours just wandering round skinning and doing random events.

I should look to do more main missions as I need to unlock this wagon dude!

How does the crime system work in this btw? If you commit a crime and ‘silence’ all witnesses are you in the clear? Or is it like Skyrim where all guards/cops in the world have some sort of telepathy that knows you’ve done something wrong?

How is it that I am almost 20 hours in yet barely done a main mission? I have Valentine unlocked but only just got past purchasing a horse!

I have spent countless hours just wandering round skinning and doing random events.

I should look to do more main missions as I need to unlock this wagon dude!

Same I think buying the horse was the most recent mission I did. Just enjoying everything else right now.

How does the crime system work in this btw? If you commit a crime and ‘silence’ all witnesses are you in the clear? Or is it like Skyrim where all guards/cops in the world have some sort of telepathy that knows you’ve done something wrong?

If you do one in a town you're fecked unless there's no witnesses. I mugged a few people in alleys in St Denis. Out in the plains and wilderness if you intimidate the witness you'll be fine.

I have had weird shit happen though like suddenly being wanted with nobody even near me or no witness on the radar.

Same I think buying the horse was the most recent mission I did. Just enjoying everything else right now.

If you do one in a town you're fecked unless there's no witnesses. I mugged a few people in alleys in St Denis. Out in the plains and wilderness if you intimidate the witness you'll be fine.

I have had weird shit happen though like suddenly being wanted with nobody even near me or no witness on the radar.

I've just murdered all the witnesses. Only way to be sure. Besides, snitches get stitches... or in this case, fatal wounds.

I’m still around the beginning but actually really enjoying the slow pace and taking in all the scenery. Love using the first person mode too, really adds to the immersion when walking with your crew through the plains

Javier is so chill. Him and Charles seem like the only other competent guys in the crew who aren’t absolutely batshit.

Mary-Beth is great as well. She keeps making me sit down and have existential discussions about Arthur’s life.

I’ve already managed to turn Arthur into a hipster. Got him a flat cap and a long-tailed jacket. Trimmed his beard off of the chin.

Saucy...

As much as I like the game, the controls are a fecking nightmare. Trying to do anything fast is painful. Doing some hunting, bunch of bounty hunters show up. I jump on my horse to get away and the stupid thing won’t turn and runs me right into a tree. I get up, try to aim a shot, the fecking thing picks up on the horse for a pat, feed or whatever. feck it, back on the horse LB to bring up my weapons in case I’m still rocking the bow, nothing happens. Knocked off the horse again, as I land the weapon page comes up briefly. Back on the horse, turn to run away, straight into another fecking tree. feck it, run away on foot, stupid idea, dead as feck. Love it though :lol:.

As much as I like the game, the controls are a fecking nightmare. Trying to do anything fast is painful. Doing some hunting, bunch of bounty hunters show up. I jump on my horse to get away and the stupid thing won’t turn and runs me right into a tree. I get up, try to aim a shot, the fecking thing picks up on the horse for a pat, feed or whatever. feck it, back on the horse LB to bring up my weapons in case I’m still rocking the bow, nothing happens. Knocked off the horse again, as I land the weapon page comes up briefly. Back on the horse, turn to run away, straight into another fecking tree. feck it, run away on foot, stupid idea, dead as feck. Love it though :lol:.

It's like GTA, isn't it? Takes a readjustment from the traditional gun-and-run controls. I've just come off a Far Cry 5 binge and took a bit of adapting. The worst one was Metal Gear Solid. The pain wasn't really a phantom when I pressed the wrong button and forward rolled out in-front of a patrol instead of sneaking!

It's like GTA, isn't it? Takes a readjustment from the traditional gun-and-run controls. I've just come off a Far Cry 5 binge and took a bit of adapting. The worst one was Metal Gear Solid. The pain wasn't really a phantom when I pressed the wrong button and forward rolled out in-front of a patrol instead of sneaking!

:lol: I’ve just come off of assassins creed. I keep pressing the back button for the map and instead the camera zooms out or goes into first person. Right now I’m whistling for my horse and the fecking thing is determined not to find a way down to me from up a hill :lol:.

That left trigger is really fecking me though. The fact it won’t aim a gun, you need to pull your gun first or your just highlightening the guywith conversation options that’s shooting the feck out of you :lol:.

Ok so it actually makes sense then, unlike in the GTA games where feckin animals count as witnesses.

I love playing as a scumbag in these sorts of games so I just hope I don’t cripple myself too much.

So I just declared across the office, 'I can't wait to go home and rape some prostitutes'.

Clearly I meant rob. Explaining didn't help matters all that much.

So I just declared across the office, 'I can't wait to go home and rape some prostitutes'.

Clearly I meant rob. Explaining didn't help matters all that much.

Atleast you'll now have more time to play RDR2, winwin.

One of the people on a farm wronged me so I dragged him through the farm in front of everyone to send a message.

After dinner I’m gonna try tie someone up and see if an alligator will eat them if I leave them next to one.

Anybody else murdering people on accident due to the slightly finicky controls?

I was out riding and these two men was riding towards me and they had a prisoner in the back of their cart. I shot the two riding the horses and freed the prisoner but when i went to talk to him, because i had my gun out when i pressed L2, it aimed at him. He then ran off and shit himself so i had to murder him, too, seconds after rescuing him :lol:

Anybody else murdering people on accident due to the slightly finicky controls?

I was out riding and these two men was riding towards me and they had a prisoner in the back of their cart. I shot the two riding the horses and freed the prisoner but when i went to talk to him, because i had my gun out when i pressed L2, it aimed at him. He then ran off and shit himself so i had to murder him, too, seconds after rescuing him :lol:
I did the exact same thing lol

My karma or whatever the equivalent is keeps going down due to accidentally killing and running people over

I'm cracking up at some of these stories.

I found a tiny house in the woods on my way to hunting the legendary albino beaver.
I'm talking one box room size. I thought I'd have a look in and there was a ranger asleep on the bed. He woke up and pointed a gun at me and my immediate reaction was to shoot him. I looked down at his body, in his tiny house, and actually felt guilty that I'd killed a guy with so little :lol:
When I walked out another ranger had heard the commotion. I had to kill him too, and stashed his body in the same house.
Imagine how bad I felt when I then went outside and heard a dog barking. For feck's sake. How's the dog going to be looked after now? I gave it a pet even though it was mangey. I know how @Solius felt. I didn't kill it though.
Then as I was getting on my horse I saw another guy come out of the house. He saw me and said "it's you who's done this!". He had to go too, and his body went on top of the others. I felt incredibly guilty looking down at all those bodies and began to question my (Arthur's) existence.

After that I just hunted for over an hour. I got the beaver and made some nice gloves.
I found a perfect snake of some kind and wanted to craft some small game arrows to get it, but when I made the camp fire some redneck gang members turned up and threatened me. As they got on their horse I shotgunned their heads off. Then I threw their bodies in the river and they got stuck on the beaver dam.
I took their one surviving race horse and headed to Van Horn to the stables. What a shit hole.

Just remembered I also had this amazing black horse I stole and made my own. I don't think you can name a stolen horse but I called him Midnight. We had just got to the 3rd level of bonding and I was always feeding him and keeping him out of trouble. Anyway, I was on my way to do the Black Belle mission so spoilers ahead:

I ride up to her house and there's nowhere really to hitch Midnight so I leave him on the walkway and start the cutscene. People who have played this mission proably know where it's going. Belle informs me that "The whole place is rigged" as I realise what I've accidentally done and look at my horse innocently still standing on the walkway. The bounty hunters attack and Belle gives the command and I can only watch in sadness as I press the button to blow up the bounty hunters but also my dear Midnight into pieces :(

I'm cracking up at some of these stories.

I found a tiny house in the woods on my way to hunting the legendary albino beaver.
I'm talking one box room size. I thought I'd have a look in and there was a ranger asleep on the bed. He woke up and pointed a gun at me and my immediate reaction was to shoot him. I looked down at his body, in his tiny house, and actually felt guilty that I'd killed a guy with so little :lol:
When I walked out another ranger had heard the commotion. I had to kill him too, and stashed his body in the same house.
Imagine how bad I felt when I then went outside and heard a dog barking. For feck's sake. How's the dog going to be looked after now? I gave it a pet even though it was mangey. I know how @Solius felt. I didn't kill it though.
Then as I was getting on my horse I saw another guy come out of the house. He saw me and said "it's you who's done this!". He had to go too, and his body went on top of the others. I felt incredibly guilty looking down at all those bodies and began to question my (Arthur's) existence.

After that I just hunted for over an hour. I got the beaver and made some nice gloves.
I found a perfect snake of some kind and wanted to craft some small game arrows to get it, but when I made the camp fire some redneck gang members turned up and threatened me. As they got on their horse I shotgunned their heads off. Then I threw their bodies in the river and they got stuck on the beaver dam.
I took their one surviving race horse and headed to Van Horn to the stables. What a shit hole.
:lol: You monster

The scope and world building in Rockstars game is pretty incredible. I’m surprised they haven’t branched out from action-adventure and just did a straight up RPG or a MMORPG.