Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Took the train to St. Denis. That place is amazing considering the only other settlement I’ve seen so far is Valentine. I watched a show, got into a scuffle, had a bath, drank in the saloon, sold some items and managed to pay off my Valentine bounty of $210.

Agree about the immersion. I don’t find it slow at all. Sure the controls are clunky and holding to do things is a bit annoying but I’m loving it. Barely touched the story. Just going round exploring, hunting and looking at shit.

Feel it's really starting to open up now, multiple little avenues for making money open now and getting to grips with the controls and the wanted system.

Killed a bear, put it's hide on the back of my horse to hand it in then came across some woman stuck under her fallen horse, she was alright, so helped her out, offered her a lift home too. Then I realised I didn't have room for her and the bear hide. Killed the bitch, looted her and hid the body.

Then after buying my horse for $150, I ran into a rock chasing after a bounty, and he flung into the river. Seabreeze never made it. feck sake.

Feel it's really starting to open up now, multiple little avenues for making money open now and getting to grips with the controls and the wanted system.

Killed a bear, put it's hide on the back of my horse to hand it in then came across some woman stuck under her fallen horse, she was alright, so helped her out, offered her a lift home too. Then I realised I didn't have room for her and the bear hide. Killed the bitch, looted her and hid the body.

Then after buying my horse for $150, I ran into a rock chasing after a bounty, and he flung into the river. Seabreeze never made it. feck sake.
:lol:
some good stories in this thread

I still haven't been able to start this game yet; just haven't got around to it. How long would you say it takes to really open up? I've heard around 2-3 hours before you can really explore? I aim to play most of tomorrow.

I still haven't been able to start this game yet; just haven't got around to it. How long would you say it takes to really open up? I've heard around 2-3 hours before you can really explore? I aim to play most of tomorrow.
I’ve been held up and not been able to have a good crack at it but I’d say I’m maybe 4 hrs in and I’ve only really done about 6 missions. There is quite a bit of tutelage missions to begin with. I’ve spent a good bit of time hunting, so that is my excuse.

I'd say thats about right. Once you get out the mountains, you have to do a few missions to open up some handy things you can utilise in free mode

I’ve been held up and not been able to have a good crack at it but I’d say I’m maybe 4 hrs in and I’ve only really done about 6 missions. There is quite a bit of tutelage missions to begin with. I’ve spent a good bit of time hunting, so that is my excuse.

I've heard that once you get through the "tutorial" stage in the snow at the beginning, that it sort of opens up then. Just wondering how long that bit takes. I'll have a good crack at it tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

I'd say thats about right. Once you get out the mountains, you have to do a few missions to open up some handy things you can utilise in free mode

Sounds good. I'll give it a good go tomorrow that's for sure.

I got kicked in the head by a horse I stole and as soon as I got back up a different horse also kicked me in the head to finish me off.

I got kicked in the head by a horse I stole and as soon as I got back up a different horse also kicked me in the head to finish me off.

:lol:

Re your St Denis mention. I went there too. Far too fancy, but so impressive after the shit tips previously. I saved up $550 by selling stolen carts which I robbed in the skull mask, and spent it all on clothes and gun customisation there. It was meant to be for improving the camp.

I donated $20 to the homeless veteran thing there, got told my name would be on a plaque, then debated for ages whether to rob the lootbox. It might have had a grand in it for all I knew, but I'm not sure I wanted to a wanted level in that place. Anyway, I did it, because I'm a cnut and the gang comes first (unless I'm buying pearl grips for my gun). The woman didn't even kick off and I walked off with a measly $25 + guilt.

Saw the St Denis post so decided to get the train there. Had $7 to my name.

Arrived and saw a lot of rich folks. feck it, rob 'em. Tried to catch a top hat guy down an alley with my customised gold knife. Looking for the clean, silent murder with high reward loot.

The plan didn't come to fruition. During my robbery, a man turned the corner, and screamed blue murder, he had to go, he was knifed pretty swiftly in the vague hope that my crimes would go unnoticed. But to no avail, some dressed up bitch saw me knife guy #2, she had to go too, by this time I was knifing in the middle of a busy street, cover fully blown, not giving a feck with my black hood on. In between stabs I'm whistling for Seabreeze 2.0 to just arrive and get me the feck out of here. He duly obliged and we rode off.

Still only had about $12. I wanted more. Saw a wagon, shot the driver in the head in order to hand it back. Looted the contents for some moonshine and oatcakes. Not the best haul, then again, I chose a pretty scabby wagon. Drove it to the wagon man, it seemed he didn't want it. Sold a necklace to him instead. Rode back to Valentine, familiar place, haven almost.

Dominated a guy at 5 finger fillet, got drunk then stole some medicine from some guys saddlebag. Got kicked by the 2nd horse.

'Can I just steal a horse and sell it for cash?'. Its likely a plausible way to make money, but stealing the horse outside the stable, in the middle of the day surrounded by people? I was noticed, and unable to get rid of the hot goods. I was chased out of valentine. I was low on health and supplies, I need to go to bed (in real life). feck it, jumped off a cliff to end it.

Jesus this game is quite good.

I’m in the minority but To say I’m disappointed with RDR2 is an understatement, I was expecting it to be one of the best games this year but tbh it’s not even in the same league as Spider Man.

I loaned it off my friend for the weekend and so far I'm about 2 and abit hours in and I simply find it boring. It dawned on me I’m not actually enjoying it and it feels more like a chore to play. I can’t see me going further with it.

I loved the first RDR but this Just isn’t for me.

I echo this.. probably going to go back and complete spiderman. This game is so up its own arse and lacks the most important thing.. fun

That moment where you take out a Cougar with a single arrow shot from distance, then only too tired to find the man to trade for money. So you land to the butchers at 5 in the morning but he says come back in the morning. So you press the button to fast forward time and the Cougar dissappears. Time for bed, damn you all to hell.

Idk why but I always have so much fun with the card games in games like this :lol: Mustve played poker for like 30 minutes just draining the money from the rest of the table until there was nobody left.

I remember on the witcher I just played a lot of gwent more than the actual game too.

I've heard that once you get through the "tutorial" stage in the snow at the beginning, that it sort of opens up then. Just wondering how long that bit takes. I'll have a good crack at it tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Snow is probably a good 2 hrs but even after that once you get out of it there are still tutelage missions. It is taking a long time to get going but it’s beautiful. There is just so many little things you have to keep tabs on like horse brushing that I’m getting a little frustrated that I can’t just go ham and rob banks yet.

Idk why but I always have so much fun with the card games in games like this :lol: Mustve played poker for like 30 minutes just draining the money from the rest of the table until there was nobody left.

I remember on the witcher I just played a lot of gwent more than the actual game too.
I’m the same, Gwent was amazing, so far hunting has been my thing.

Been pretty amazing so far, graphics are excellent, characters are brillant.
Game play is mostly excellent, not found it slow at all at the start, plenty of action packed missions.
Have just reached chapter 2, can't wait for it to open up some more.

My only real annoyances is looting and the controls, when you kill 20 peeps it's pretty darn tedious or when looting a building it can be a tad slow.

Overall, it's matched the hype for me though. Loving it!

How the feck does someone investigate a murder after you're long gone and figure out it's you?
So I murdered about 5 folk with my face masked, when I saw the witnesses running away to report the crime I took off. Eventually my wanted level faded and I never faced any repercussions at all...

The bounty or wanted system doesn’t make sense. I could understand in GTA if people call the cops on you as they carry phones hence why I want the next one set in the 80s again in Vice City.

But when someone hits you or you attack them and you being reported within seconds it doesn’t make sense.

The bounty or wanted system doesn’t make sense. I could understand in GTA if people call the cops on you as they carry phones hence why I want the next one set in the 80s again in Vice City.

But when someone hits you or you attack them and you being reported within seconds it doesn’t make sense.

That doesn’t happen.

What's the story like in this one? Loved the first game and some of the characters were great, seeing Dutch and the gang in their younger years sound like it'd be entertaining.