Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I get that they're trying to add "weight" to things but TLOU and GoW did it way better.

And yeah the button controls are a pain, I just fecking accidentally shot someone I was only trying to usher on to a train by pointing my weapon at :lol:
Holy shit, I did the exact same thing.

My copy finally came this morning so it's now installing. For those who got the psychical, how long does it take before you put the second disk in? Don't wanna leave it for a hour or two and notice that i needed to insert the other disk. That's time wasted where i could be playing!

My copy finally came this morning so it's now installing. For those who got the psychical, how long does it take before you put the second disk in? Don't wanna leave it for a hour or two and notice that i needed to insert the other disk. That's time wasted where i could be playing!
Each disc takes 45-50 minutes I think.

Sawed off shotgun..

Anyone else noticed if using it quickly you have to fire it, then hit R2 to reload, then hit R2 to shoot again? 2 hits of R2 doesn't equal 2 shots

I got back last night absolutely hammered and played this... this morning I have no idea what's going on so I've had to start again :lol:

Getting serious Tarantino vibes in that opening with the credits, it's very similar to the Hateful Eight

Well I finally got it after ages waiting, don't play games that much, barely touched the new Xbox One X I bought last Christmas but this is the game I wanted it for.

Unwrapped the game went to chuck it in the Xbox and.. Xbox won't turn on. Reading up online it looks like it has to go back to be repaired.

feck sake.

Well I finally got it after ages waiting, don't play games that much, barely touched the new Xbox One X I bought last Christmas but this is the game I wanted it for.

Unwrapped the game went to chuck it in the Xbox and.. Xbox won't turn on. Reading up online it looks like it has to go back to be repaired.

feck sake.
:(

That sucks.

Ridiculously hard this... Do a mission, bounty hunters arrive and surround me... Get killed, go pay my bounty off £175 :( then in the post office some cnut starts me and bray's me so I bray him (looted him too mind) and a witness runs off, she won't stop and in the middle of town, reported, wanted man again! :lol:

Didn't care much for the start of the game, was way too slow for me, getting much better now.

Been reading a few more negatives about the game now as more people are playing it. It was always going to happen with a game like this; there's always a certain amount of push back. The movement and the actual gameplay components aren't supposed to be great. Slightly cumbersome controls (nothing new for Rockstar) and painfully slow movement kind of grates after a while apparently.

I still can't fecking wait to play it mind. Only 30 minutes left!

Been reading a few more negatives about the game now as more people are playing it. It was always going to happen with a game like this; there's always a certain amount of push back. The movement and the actual gameplay components aren't supposed to be great. Slightly cumbersome controls (nothing new for Rockstar) and painfully slow movement kind of grates after a while apparently.

Definitely finding a very slow pace going on. Even walking is painfully slow. It does have the (what must now be a trademark) rockstar clunky controls. By the time the first chapter ended I was about ready to give up it was so painfully tedious. But it seems to be picking up a bit. Theres a lot of content in here, and Im pretty sure I havent even scratched the surface. Its stunning to look at, even in 1080p is stunning. But in 4k with HDR :drool:.

Some elements of the gameplay that are tedious, I believe will be remedied by levelling up. Others by exploring the game more. So far Id say it was a great game with some issues, rather than issues that stop it being a great game.

Honestly don’t get that though. The physics are so realistic, it’s supposed to have weight and that feel to it. It would be ridiculous if it wasn’t like that.

Honestly don’t get that though. The physics are so realistic, it’s supposed to have weight and that feel to it. It would be ridiculous if it wasn’t like that.

Yeah as i said, i haven't played it yet. But it seems to be TOO realistic for some. They make the argument that it's fine they're going for realism, but it's still a video game and it shouldn't feel like a slog to play, especially as it's such a big world to explore. That's seems to be the consensus, anyway. None of that has put me off at all. I can't wait to get stuck in later.

Yeah as i said, i haven't played it yet. But it seems to be TOO realistic for some. They make the argument that it's fine they're going for realism, but it's still a video game and it shouldn't feel like a slog to play, especially as it's such a big world to explore. That's seems to be the consensus, anyway. None of that has put me off at all. I can't wait to get stuck in later.

Those people should stick to Fortnite then, and that comes from someone who loves that game for what it is. This is a completely different experience and it would be wrong any other way.

I pretty much played all day yesterday, it's excellent but not on par with The Witcher 3 so far.

Anyone noticed the transition between weather systems and day/night/day is a bit off? You can sometimes see it's about to rain, then walk 5 feet and be in a huge storm that was apparently just raging over there. Fog is also like this at times, one minute it's a tad foggy then you walk a few feet and it's crazy fog. Sunset and sunrise are similar, one minute you're admiring the sunset and then boom it's like someone turned the lights off. They look gorgeous, it's just the transition is jarring.

Idk I haven't been bothered by it at all tbh. Little things like you dont sprint around inside your camp or in buildings. It might be slightly annoying for those trying to sprint through the game, but it does make sense that in the wild you can sprint around but in the public areas you walk. Hasnt been much of an issue, gives the game a slower pace but doesnt feel too slow at all.

I've always been baffled by those who bother reading all those negative and positive reviews, subconsciously changing their own opinion as they read either shit. This game is beautiful, enjoying every little bit of it so far and I've never been a wild west/western type of guy.

Idk I haven't been bothered by it at all tbh. Little things like you dont sprint around inside your camp or in buildings. It might be slightly annoying for those trying to sprint through the game, but it does make sense that in the wild you can sprint around but in the public areas you walk. Hasnt been much of an issue, gives the game a slower pace but doesnt feel too slow at all.

Yeah i can't see it being an issue for me really. For all the things the game supposedly gets right, this seems like a minor thing in the grand scheme of things. I can't play it until later, but i'm looking forward to it. Apparently when the game opens up (in chapter 2, i think?) then it really is something.

Anyone else find fishing really hard? Getting the small ones is easy but medium I can’t catch, they always escape when I’m reeling them in.

So I still dont fullygrasp deadeye yet(ps4). I hit l3 and R3, aim and what button do i press for the marks to appear on the people I aimed at and do I need to hit r2 3 times if I marked three spots? And does deadeye stop automatically after shooting or do I need to manually cancel by hitting l3+r3 again.

First impressions after a few hours:

Positives
- looks fantastic
- enjoy the RPG elements (skill levelling, 'gotta catch em all' with the animals
- the world seems busier than rdr1

Negatives
- too much sims bs. Get fat if you eat too much? Did they learn nothing from GTA:SA?
- early on at least too many stupid needlessly time consuming tasks i.e. check every drawer in a house, stuff that generally isn't fun at all as if the person/people who came up with it don't play games themselves
- not able to run at all times and just walk slowly. No wonder it's a 60 hour game.

First impressions after a few hours:

Positives
- looks fantastic
- enjoy the RPG elements (skill levelling, 'gotta catch em all' with the animals
- the world seems busier than rdr1

Negatives
- too much sims bs. Get fat if you eat too much? Did they learn nothing from GTA:SA?
- early on at least too many stupid needlessly time consuming tasks i.e. check every drawer in a house, stuff that generally isn't fun at all as if the person/people who came up with it don't play games themselves
- not able to run at all times and just walk slowly. No wonder it's a 60 hour game.

Agree, walking is ridiculous, as is following on horse tbh. I see why it's a 60 hour game too. Cut out the boring BS and it'll end up at 25hours or so.

Anyone to remove a bounty without paying it?

Took me ages to find a guy to punt on that legendary bear pelt.

I hope it gets better.

As beautiful as it is and as great as the story and characters are (as you would expect from R*) it is so fecking painfully slow to play and the controls are really annoying.

So I still dont fullygrasp deadeye yet(ps4). I hit l3 and R3, aim and what button do i press for the marks to appear on the people I aimed at and do I need to hit r2 3 times if I marked three spots? And does deadeye stop automatically after shooting or do I need to manually cancel by hitting l3+r3 again.

There's different levels of it. The first level is shite and by the time I get in a fight I often have no Dead Eye anyway, so I've not got to level 2 yet.

Agree, walking is ridiculous, as is following on horse tbh. I see why it's a 60 hour game too. Cut out the boring BS and it'll end up at 25hours or so.

Anyone to remove a bounty without paying it?
Totally agree. Artificially lengthening shit by having to saunter around 80% of the time.

I fecking love this game.

I get the complaints about clunky controls, definitely could be smoother. Doesn't bother me too much, though, and I imagine we'll see some improvements after some patching.

The complaints about pace I do not get. This game is meant to be ridiculously immersive, and I love the fact that you seem to get into trouble if you run around, bump into people, etc. It makes sense for it to be so slow in the beginning in the snow, as anybody who's maneuvered in deep snow can testify to. The speed of movement, the need to spend time bonding with the horse and maintaining your equipment, as well as the penalties tied to clothing, fatigue, nutrition, etc. help make things that much more immersive, and makes you feel like you are in a world rather than in some sped-up fake representation.

Games like these always make me want to take my time anyway. I love riding around, observing my surroundings, taking things at a natural pace. I get that for some people that's not what they want, but there's no way of pleasing both those who want to get lost and immersed and those who want a quick video game romp.

I looove the social mechanics of the game, too. Like that lippy guy mouthing off about the O'Driscolls in Valentine, I was ready to just move on past him, but he kept pushing my buttons and I squared up to him, and then all of a sudden I'd bloodied my hands and incurred a bounty, all because the game managed to poke at my sense of pride. The way that situation unfolded and escalated was really life-like, and I find myself not knowing whether I'm about to get into hot water or not when I interact with people beyond pleasantries at a distance.