Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Jim Sterling is the best impartial reviewer of this game.

Dunno if I should play at midnight or not I'm tired now.

Absolutely!

What snacks are good to get in? I want Doritos but they're probably the worst for gaming
Yeah they are no use, it’s the Dorito powder finger layer you build up, not good for the controller. I’m going with these Nutella B-ready bars and maybe a selection of fine cheeses, crackers and chutney chased down with a Perroni.

My copy should he here in the morning. Probably take about 5 hours to download and install though :mad:

Girlfriend's been desperate for this game and she doesn't know I had it preordered. Can't wait to surprise her with it when she comes over tomorrow :D

Unfortunately she's on Xbox and I'm on PS4. Would have been nice to play online together but ah well!

Yeah they are no use, it’s the Dorito powder finger layer you build up, not good for the controller. I’m going with these Nutella B-ready bars and maybe a selection of fine cheeses, crackers and chutney chased down with a Perroni.

Those Nutella bars are a great shout

It'll be interesting to see how many of my colleagues are off "sick" tomorrow.

Buying this for my son tomorrow but wish I had the time to play it too. I finished the first one but I had a lot of spare time back then.

Unfortunately I didn't buy it digitally as I've decided to go for hard copies with my games again. I've got 18 games on my PSN and 13 of them I have barely played. Anyway, now I'm shitting myself, that the game will be sold out by the time I finish work tomorrow so I'm actually going to Tesco to get it at midnight. Sad fecker.

They're saying something different for the sake of clicks and to be the outliers. As @Bojan11 pointed out they generally underscore games that are highly rated by others. It's an agenda driven review, the most impartial review I've seen so far is from Gamespot, who recognise the negatives but also recognise how good it is is spite of a few flaws.

This was literally @Sweet Square first post in this thread.

Any female character would be good as Rockstar male characters are just the same bloke in different clothes. The only decent one was Max Payne and even that got boring after the second game(The best character in Max Payne is Mona S

I have a forum for you my friend who would welcome people like you.

You clearly didn’t play GTA V if you thought all the characters were the same. Trevor and Francis the same? Are you sure about that? All rockstar characters are the same? Michael and John Marston the same? Again are you sure about that? CJ and Tommy Vervetti the same?

Me personally could care less if they put a monkey as a lead as long as the game is good. I’m not going to push some ultra agenda when all I care about is playing good games.

Just bought into the hype and purchased a digital copy. Currently downloading in rest mode over night.

Always wanted an open world game. Hesitated on Witcher 3 for so long that decides not to. I will have to make so with RDR2.

Still don't get what you're supposed to do after the single player campaign.

You clearly didn’t play GTA V if you thought all the characters were the same. Trevor and Francis the same? Are you sure about that? All rockstar characters are the same? Michael and John Marston the same? Again are you sure about that? CJ and Tommy Vervetti the same?

Me personally could care less if they put a monkey as a lead as long as the game is good. I’m not going to push some ultra agenda when all I care about is playing good games.

He seems to have buggered off now using the Nazi comparison as an excuse to try and claim the high ground. He clearly had an agenda and was using that review to try and push it onto everyone else.

Just bought into the hype and purchased a digital copy. Currently downloading in rest mode over night.

Always wanted an open world game. Hesitated on Witcher 3 for so long that decides not to. I will have to make so with RDR2.

Still don't get what you're supposed to do after the single player campaign.

Mess about in the open world, do the side quests/activities and in November they'll be the online if you like that kind of thing

Mess about in the open world, do the side quests/activities and in November they'll be the online if you like that kind of thing

You know when it's to go live in November?

You know when it's to go live in November?

Don't think they gave a specific date, I'd guess about a month after release, they'll want people to finish the campaign.

It's classed as a beta when it starts so I fully expect it to be PS3 GTA5 levels of bad when it launches.

I'm actually really gutted that my physical copy was dispatched on time. I'm too skint to justify spending £10 to play it a few hours earlier but if I could have cancelled my other order I'd have been all over it at midnight.

From what I gather Pigeon, it is slightly better than Mass Effect Andromeda. If that help you.

37EdvHx.jpg

Don't think they gave a specific date, I'd guess about a month after release, they'll want people to finish the campaign.

It's classed as a beta when it starts so I fully expect it to be PS3 GTA5 levels of bad when it launches.

Cheers.

There are no micro transactions for single player and there are cheat codes available for people who still use them in single player.

They saving the micro transactions for online which is fair enough but I hope they don’t go too overboard with it.

This is one of the saddest posts I've seen on here.

Get as much ammo and weapons as you can, find a nice spot and kill everyone and everything that crosses your path and when the helicopter shows up whip out your rocket launcher and shoot that fecker down. Better be a rocket launcher and helicopter in this game otherwise it’s only getting a 2 star review on Amazon :nervous:

This is one of the saddest posts I've seen on here.

Yeah it’s sad because I don’t agree with you. Don’t be a snowflake about it.

If developers want to put women in a game then that’s up to them. Don’t hate on a game because they decided not to.

You didn’t answer my point about rockstar characters all being the same. Trevor for me was one of the worst characters in GTA history but some people loved him. I just hated playing as him. But they all the same characters according to you. All men so must be the same.

@Jacob
First RDR had a pretty solid online, basically had the full world with most of the side activties I think.
Could posse up with friends in a private lobby or go in a open lobby

Do recall spending ages trying to get an achievement with some friends think it was survive 10minutes with a $10000 bounty at a specific castle in an open lobby . Had a gatling gun so the ai was easy to handle. It just always attracted every player in the lobby. Pain in the fecking ass.

Did also have matched multiplayer lobbies, Team death etc, some cool modes from what I recall, each match started off with a shoot off
Hopefully an improved version of the above.