Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

Just got my physical copy (I have my ways). So so gone are the days of throwing a game in and playing it straight away. I mean we all knew this, but it it takes about 2 hours to install and while I could be doing anything else, I am just watching the install bar slowly fill. I have 48 minutes to go.

Wonder which will win GOTY between this and GoW.

Last edited:
For those worrying about whether 60+ hours would feel like dragging feet

Rockstar’s best storytelling to date. Even after finishing the lengthy story I can’t wait to go back and play more.
-IGN. 10/10

Just got my physical copy (I have my ways). So so gone are the days of throwing a game in and playing it straight away. I mean we all knew this, but it it takes about 2 hours to install and while I could be doing anything else, I am just watching the install bar slowly fill. I have 48 minutes to go.

Sweet.
Home by 6pm tomorrow,
Start at 8pm,
Inevitably get tired around 10pm because I'm old,
Then spend the entire fecking weekend on an impromptu family get together which I can't get out of..

Damn.

A critic score aggregator has the game at 97% based on the average review score from all critic sources.

Also, from Polygon review :-

After Red Dead Redemption 2’s story concludes, a huge epilogue begins, and the game’s already gargantuan map grows even larger. I’m eager to dig into this postgame, where it seems I’ll be free to focus on taking in the beautiful, meticulously simulated world, rather than hurling myself into the middle of it.

A critic score aggregator has the game at 97% based on the average review score from all critic sources.

Also, from Polygon review :-

After Red Dead Redemption 2’s story concludes, a huge epilogue begins, and the game’s already gargantuan map grows even larger. I’m eager to dig into this postgame, where it seems I’ll be free to focus on taking in the beautiful, meticulously simulated world, rather than hurling myself into the middle of it.
I don't think all review scores are out though so it's bound to go down.

Mines been dispatched its a little bitter sweet. I was certain it wouldn't be here for tomorrow so I'd planned to buy digitally and play all night. At least now I can try and get some weed to make it the perfect lazy weekend

Will the day one patch be accessible a little earlier for those with digital copies? I don't expect it to be but I hope so!

What is the benefit of getting this tomorrow? People naturally seem keen to get their hands on it but I never felt this "I must have it now" rush for a single player game unless I have time to play. This game feels I need to set aside time for so don't think it's worth me getting in the next month or so.

If it's for online play and not to be 'left behind' then that makes sense

Downloaded it overnight digitally, off work at 6pm and then I’m finished until the 5th of November :drool:

What is the benefit of getting this tomorrow? People naturally seem keen to get their hands on it but I never felt this "I must have it now" rush for a single player game unless I have time to play. This game feels I need to set aside time for so don't think it's worth me getting in the next month or so.

I can't really play it much tomorrow. I'd like to play it on Saturday though. I won't rush through it anyway. I like to take my time with great games rather than playing them for 4 hour stretches.

There isn't really, apart from the story being spoiled etc.

If it's as big as we expect then it's the sort of game you'll need to pace to fully enjoy it.

I never really trust reviewers when it comes to Rockstar games.

GTAIV, GTAV, and GTA:SA all got waaaay overrated. Especially GTAIV.

Veiled attempt at telling us you're seeing a girl.

Touché

HonoredMelodicHookersealion-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

GTA4 I agree. It was the weakest of the series. I thought 5 was very good and underrated by players, San Andreas was a masterpiece.

This is going to be the second game after Witcher 3 where I don't use a map and don't pay any attention to quests, and instead explore and let things play out naturally. GTA in the wild west, it just doesn't get any better than that.

GTA4 I agree. It was the weakest of the series. I thought 5 was very good and underrated by players, San Andreas was a masterpiece.
Never really liked SA, thought the map was so .. empty, despite being so big. I also fecking hated all that gang war stuff and territory crap. Vice City shits all over it imo.

GTAV is really good but just look on metacritic, it's one of the highest rated games ever!

Never really liked SA, thought the map was so .. empty, despite being so big. I also fecking hated all that gang war stuff and territory crap. Vice City shits all over it imo.

GTAV is really good but just look on metacritic, it's one of the highest rated games ever!

I've played GTAV consistently until this year, pretty good going. Loved the one player but must have spent days just fecking around with mates.

True. Both Rockstar and NaughtyDog games tend to get overrated. But I loved RDR 1 so I'm sure this is excellent.

Doesnt really say anywhere. Just rumbled as optimisation/bug fixes. The usual day one update we are used to these days.
Ah. Don't care then. Won't be holding off for that.

GTAV was when I lost interest. Although it had as much to do with my preferences as anything.

For me Vice City and San Andreas will always be the best of that series.

Meh pretty average game it seems.

Read it and tend to agree with the above tweet. They also gave BOTW a 6 and watchdogs 2 a 9. So it’s clear their tactic is to get as much attention as possible.

If the lead was a female I’m sure they would have given it a 10.

Meh pretty average game it seems.

I have literally never heard of this website, although you always get some contrarian journalists trying to make a name for themselves when a big game is released. Every other major publication is raving about this game.