Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

My cancel my pre-order and just pop to Tesco first thing on Friday morning. Is it worth the risk? Ordered with Amazon so can’t see it coming on Thursday

I went with digital so I could play for a few hours on Thursday night. £10 premium for doing so but feck it.

£50 for this game

Haven't bought a game at launch since GTA V (PS3)

GTA V held it's value quite well for a good few months.. before eventually falling off a cliff by the time GTA V (PS4) came out.

With a 60 hour story, I doubt the second hand market will get flooded too quickly

Review embargo is lifted at 4:01 am Pacific time tomorrow for those interested. I think pacific is 8 hours behind UK? So just after midday here. I suspect we'll see a few perfect scores for this no doubt.

This week is going ridiculously slow. I have Friday and Monday off work to sit in my pants all day playing this.

This is interesting. They're bringing out a companion app with the game on Friday. Basically allows you to turn off the HUD and have the map and other things on your Tablet or Smartphone. https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Official-Companion-App
They had something similar on GTA, where you did stuff with the dog but you could pull up the map if I recall.

Saw this town footage. Some of the audio doesn’t seem to make sense with what is happening but looks like it’s going to be hell’o fun.

Not watching any footage. Don't want to spoil it for myself.

Friend just confirmed that horses are in the game

If I can’t sit someone naked on a horse and sent them off into the sunset like on westworld then I’m honestly not interested.

I did never play the first one. It seems pretty cool and I'm thinking about getting this one. Is it necessary to play on PS4, and ps3 no good?
How are the storylines? Like what is the main motivation for our character or the big goal even, if there is one. I'll assume those of you who played the first one will have a grasp on that, as they probably haven't changed those things around much for the new one.

I did never play the first one. It seems pretty cool and I'm thinking about getting this one. Is it necessary to play on PS4, and ps3 no good?
How are the storylines? Like what is the main motivation for our character or the big goal even, if there is one. I'll assume those of you who played the first one will have a grasp on that, as they probably haven't changed those things around much for the new one.

Do you wanna be a goddamn cowboy?

Do you wanna be a goddamn cowboy?
No, I have not much love for the whole concept if you have to want to be a cowboy. I do think it looks fun however, thats why I ask. But I did love Westworld actually, so maybe im just a bit late to the party. I'll probably watch a few movies to really get the feel of it before i jump the trigger, excuse the pun. What should I start with, Brokeback Mountain or Pale Rider?

No, I have not much love for the whole concept if you have to want to be a cowboy. I do think it looks fun however, thats why I ask. But I did love Westworld actually, so maybe im just a bit late to the party. I'll probably watch a few movies to really get the feel of it before i jump the trigger, excuse the pun. What should I start with, Brokeback Mountain or Pale Rider?
The Searchers or Shane.

Or No Country For Old Men for a more modern take in HD.