Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

I have the entirety of next week off work,not for this, it was just a massive coincidence but not complaining.

You bastard!

I have it downloaded and ready to rock. My body is ready......plus the wife is away this weekend on her aunts Hen Party. Result.

Went digital as simplygames even saying they cannot ship early.

Rockstar really got retailers on a leash.

Went digital as simplygames even saying they cannot ship early.

Rockstar really got retailers on a leash.

Wonder if it's because the game costs more on digital (ridiculously)? Who gets that tenner extra?

Didn’t know you were a gamer prof. What type of games do you enjoy?
Used to only play fifa but since it got a bit crap I started delving into open world games. Love them.

Don't click on it if you don't want to see actual (leaked) footage of RDR2.

63y5j952hnt11.jpg

cadxnmlh0ot11.jpg

Wonder if it's because the game costs more on digital (ridiculously)? Who gets that tenner extra?

Not just the extra tenner, remove the physical cost of production.

Rockstar and Sony both profit from digital moreso than physical; and it also cuts out a lot of middlemen.

Not just the extra tenner, remove the physical cost of production.

Rockstar and Sony both profit from digital moreso than physical; and it also cuts out a lot of middlemen.

Yeah that's what I meant in the ridiculousness! Always more expensive on Xbox Live. If it wasn't for predownload and I'd just go to Asda.

Was gonna say who would leak 20 seconds of gameplay? It's probably Rockstar....but the horse clattering against the rock is probably not what they'd want leaking.

A guy in work said he’s going to take his Playstation on a 10 day cruise he’s going on next week as he’s that desperate to play it.

My install says 88GB. Does something else take up more space? Didn't need to delete that last game otherwise.

A guy in work said he’s going to take his Playstation on a 10 day cruise he’s going on next week as he’s that desperate to play it.

:lol: that's fecking lame.

My install says 88GB. Does something else take up more space? Didn't need to delete that last game otherwise.

:lol: that's fecking lame.

There'll probably be some update a couple of days in, some bug fixes, some big patch I presume so make space.

There'll probably be some update a couple of days in, some bug fixes, some big patch I presume so make space.

Yeah, figured it could be that. I've got a load of space now.

It got me wondering, would an Xbox slow down like a laptop would when you're short on hard drive space?

Nah they don’t want the game coming out even a day early and they even stopped some shops getting orders till November as a lot of indies tend to break release.

I feel like a map for this sort of game isn't super important. For something like GTA I'd look to see like how big the city is, what size the airport is, does it have a desert, forest, etc... but what's it gonna tell me for this? That there's loads of towns separated by desert and also some forests and marshes and mountains? I know all this.

So turns out most of the weapons are knifes and reskins. Only like 3 or 4 revolvers. :-(

I guess we physicality copy orderers will get out copy later than going digital. Later than 27the I reckon :(

Depends where you ordered from. Fairly sure my Amazon order will be here on Friday. Not that I'll have any time to play it mind.
I'll (hopefully) have 3-4 hours of gaming this coming weekend. And I don't really have anything apart from my usual PES right now. Would love to play Bloodborne but I need a break after DS3. Rest are all Ps plus titles.

Hopefully mine comes no later than Saturday afternoon. It was ordered nearly a week ago.

What is the cheapest place to get a digital version for PS4?

What is the cheapest place to get a digital version for PS4?

If it's anything like Xbox there's barely any variance without going some weird route. Also, my download was at 30odd percent after a few hours yesterday. If you wanna play Friday morning I'd get it going!

This is old news and slightly off topic, but I have my PS4 "paired" with my nephews. Both of our PSN accounts are on each others system. My PS4 is set as his "primary system". His PS4 is set as my "primary system". When either of us (me) buys a game, the other person can download and play. Excellent if you don't want to buy two copies of a game.

So if you have someone you trust, who plays similar games as you, set this up and you can split the cost of new games. Just need to weigh it up with any savings on physical copy + potential trade in value.

This is old news and slightly off topic, but I have my PS4 "paired" with my nephews. Both of our PSN accounts are on each others system. My PS4 is set as his "primary system". His PS4 is set as my "primary system". When either of us (me) buys a game, the other person can download and play. Excellent if you don't want to buy two copies of a game.

So if you have someone you trust, who plays similar games as you, set this up and you can split the cost of new games. Just need to weigh it up with any savings on physical copy + potential trade in value.

Exactly what I do with a pal on xbox live.

I am like 21 hours into AC: Odyssey so I don't know if I wanna start RDR2 yet or hold off...

I will probs play them side by side.

P5 and TW3 both got universal acclaim and are considered two of the best games ever in their genres now. So that criticism may be valid but it hardly shunted the games in any way.

And HZD was shorter yes but it was an example of a recent, long OWG with a lengthy campaign most people loved. And anyway, if someone is willing to do 45 hours they're hardly going to turn their nose up at 60.
Hold on a minute. TW3 I completely agree with, but P5 wasn't remotely close to best of the JRPG world. It was easily accessible to the masses but I refuse to believe hardcore JRPG fans would agree that its an all-time great. The story is just not good enough.

Last edited:
Hold on a minute. TW3 I completely agree with, but P5 wasn't remotely close to best of the JRPG world. It was easily accessible to the masses but I refuse to believe hardcore JRPG fans would agree that its an all-time great. The story is just not good enough.
that's great and all but it doesn't change the fact that it is considered one of the best jrpg's ever now by numerous publications.

that's great and all but it doesn't change the fact that it is considered one of the best jrpg's ever now by numerous publications.
It comes across to me as if a bunch of people like me who barely play fps games tries to talk about a random one as the best.

If you want to look into the universally acclaimed JRPGs for "greatest ever" then it's Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy 6. Hell, Persona 5 isn't the best game from that universe as both Persona 4 & Nocturne/Lucifers call are generally seen as the best games in the the series.

It comes across to me as if a bunch of people like me who barely play fps games tries to talk about a random one as the best.

If you want to look into the universally acclaimed JRPGs for "greatest ever" then it's Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy 6. Hell, Persona 5 isn't the best game from that universe as both Persona 4 & Nocturne/Lucifers call are generally seen as the best games in the the series.
I'm not getting into a JRPG debate in the RDR2 thread!

I'm not getting into a JRPG debate in the RDR2 thread!

Both your points are good tbf. P5 certainly isn't even close to the top Jrpgs, let alone previous entries but the length certainly isn't the issue there for me which was the debate. I'd take more of that and Witcher 3 (which I also have my issues with) over games drawn out just for the sake of it though.

It's not even the thought of "respecting gamers time" I have a problem with, as at the base of it that just means content that matters over content for contents sake. It's just that phrase and the types who came up with it, I just can't stand the entitlement and the places that kind of buzz phrase resonates.

Oh and to add to the other debate, yeah digital prices are such an obvious con. But just like all the other shit going on in the world right now, the ones who don't see it are the majority. That sucks, but that's why the mobile scene is being pushed so heavily as the norm.

My cancel my pre-order and just pop to Tesco first thing on Friday morning. Is it worth the risk? Ordered with Amazon so can’t see it coming on Thursday

Why is the digital copy always more expensive?? It's makes no fking sense what so ever.