Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

How does this work? Do you plug it into one of the USB slots and the PS4 thinks it's just extra storage and therefore can harbour a huge amount of games? What happens if you disconnect it? Do you specifically have to select which games are downloaded to the external HDD and the PS4's original HD?
Pretty much. You plug in the external HD in a USB slot and the PS4 will go through the steps of formatting it (which is real simple and quick). In the PS4 storage settings, you can set which HD you’d like as the default hard drive to download the files onto (but it doesn’t prompt you each game, it’s a general setting and you’ll have to go into the hard drive settings and change it if you want to switch the default hard drive). If you remove it (which I haven’t done before), I’d assume those files wouldn’t be accessible/visible until you plug it back in.

Am I the only person that absolutely hated RDR, one of the very few games I deleted before even getting halfway, and I consider myself a very patient gamer

I didn't hate it, but i wasn't a big fan either. I didn't even finish the game. Lost interest half way through. I'm not really that excited for this one to be honest, but i'll still probably get it.

That's the spirit. I don't think there has ever been a game where you have a choice between good/bad, I've chosen the righteous way. This is for real life, in gaming I am a psycho
Star Wars Jedi Academy :drool:

Pretty much. You plug in the external HD in a USB slot and the PS4 will go through the steps of formatting it (which is real simple and quick). In the PS4 storage settings, you can set which HD you’d like as the default hard drive to download the files onto (but it doesn’t prompt you each game, it’s a general setting and you’ll have to go into the hard drive settings and change it if you want to switch the default hard drive). If you remove it (which I haven’t done before), I’d assume those files wouldn’t be accessible/visible until you plug it back in.
Very interesting. How much did a 3tb HDD set you back?

Very interesting. How much did a 3tb HDD set you back?
I got the WD 2tb my passport for PS4 during Prime Day for a little less than $60. You don’t need a “made for PS4” drive though, any USB external drive will do and the “made for PS4” (or Mac for that matter) are usually more expensive than the standard PC (Windows) external HD when it’s all the same. I just bought it since it was the same price as the regular HD.

Do you need a special HDD for the ps4 then or any can work ?

Do you need a special HDD for the ps4 then or any can work ?
I believe any USB external HDD should do. I got one that was made for the PS4, but I bought several other non PS4 formatted HDs (Windows/Mac) for other devices, and I read it would be compatible with the PS4 once it is formatted (which the PS4 should do for you). I’d double check though, for example on Amazon, you should read the “customer questions”, and there is bound to be a question about PS4 compatibility.

I believe any USB external HDD should do. I got one that was made for the PS4, but I bought several other non PS4 formatted HDs (Windows/Mac) for other devices, and I read it would be compatible with the PS4 once it is formatted (which the PS4 should do for you). I’d double check though, for example on Amazon, you should read the “customer questions”, and there is bound to be a question about PS4 compatibility.

Just needs to be usb 3.0

Cheers. I got just the thing then :D

Pre Ordered the Ultimate Edition today, the hype is starting for me now:drool:. I didn't even check out the last big trailer for it

Damn. That trailer was amazing. Loved the look of the first-player mode. I might give that a try. Also the graphics look stunning! This game has to be played on a Pro and 4k TV.

Damn. That trailer was amazing. Loved the look of the first-player mode. I might give that a try. Also the graphics look stunning! This game has to be played on a Pro and 4k TV.

It doesn't. It will still look amazing on a regular PS4 and a HDTV.

105 gig is fecking crazy, I've got the old 500mb PS4 and i'd have to clear a few games off just to play this. That being said I cannot wait.

Looks great, and the graphics look fantastic. Are they likely to actually look like that?

Dunno about revolutionary though. There's nothing particularly new mentioned I don't think? Hopefully just a big step forward in what we already they do very well. I hope it is a big step in terms of feeling full of life. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I do think it's needed.

Will still look great on my original xbox one i hope. Probably look best on the One X.

It doesn't. It will still look amazing on a regular PS4 and a HDTV.
While that's true, you can really tell the difference if you have a pro / 4K compared to standard stuff.

HDR makes a huge improvement.

From the 26th this is going to be me.

At the end tho I’d have thrown in a “Are you not entertained!!”

Looks great, and the graphics look fantastic. Are they likely to actually look like that?

Dunno about revolutionary though. There's nothing particularly new mentioned I don't think? Hopefully just a big step forward in what we already they do very well. I hope it is a big step in terms of feeling full of life. As I mentioned earlier in this thread I do think it's needed.

I don't know how much you've read about but the level of detail, interaction and world is like nothing ever seen before and will hopefully set a new standard for open world gaming.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high but if this isn't the best game ever I'm going to be disappointed.
Same, it’s a year late and or actually I think even longer than that and really one of the only reasons I bought a next gen console. So hopefully it won’t be a disappointment like Mass Effect Andromeda which was the other reason.

It has a social eco-system with individuals all operating within a daily routine whether or not you are present. I'd call that revolutionary.

Not to mention the eco-system within the wild and animals too.

It has a social eco-system with individuals all operating within a daily routine whether or not you are present. I'd call that revolutionary.

That's not new (might be while not present?). If they do actually take it a step further than normal then it'll be a great move.

I don't know how much you've read about but the level of detail, interaction and world is like nothing ever seen before and will hopefully set a new standard for open world gaming.

Hopefully. Like I've said, if anyone can do it it's Rockstar. I'm not expecting it to be quite as insane in that regard as some though. I can see it being a familiar but nonetheless excellent experience.

Hopefully. Like I've said, if anyone can do it it's Rockstar. I'm not expecting it to be quite as insane in that regard as some though. I can see it being a familiar but nonetheless excellent experience.

Have you watched the gameplay trailers? It's like nothing I've seen before, coupled with the gameplay previews all the big magazines and websites have got. Don't play it down in your head!

Ok, i've been lukewarm on this just because i wasn't a huge fan of the first one, but i'm really starting to look forward to this now. Probably gonna be a day one purchase.

Have you watched the gameplay trailers? It's like nothing I've seen before, coupled with the gameplay previews all the big magazines and websites have got. Don't play it down in your head!

In what way is it like nothing before from what we've seen though? I think I'm just not letting myself get caught up with it too much.
I know it'll be very very good. Up there with the best games ever no doubt and I can't wait to play it.

Not trying to be a party pooper but I'll wait and see whether the world takes a huge leap forward though in terms of interaction and 'feeling alive'. Everything it's said so far has been done before by Rockstar.

The slow-mo shot on the duel headshot got me screaming for joy. Its a shame I won't get my hands on a console until January but this is going to deliver a sweet delayed gratification.:drool: