Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Stadia)

They need to bring something new to towns/locations in my opinion. Really take them to the next level. It's all well and good showing us pictures of these places, but if it's just another case of turning up to a slightly different town with a few barely interactable generic people scattered around the doing the same thing and only a couple of buildings that you can enter it's a bit underwhelming in my opinion.

Rockstar have always been the best at this stuff, but it's time for a major step forward if you ask me. They're in a really good position to do it with Red Dead because the towns don't need to be as vast.

Everything that has come out so far has indicated that the level of realism and 'life' within the world is like nothing we've seen before, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this in action.

Everything that has come out so far has indicated that the level of realism and 'life' within the world is like nothing we've seen before, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this in action.

Hopefully. I know it's gonna be a great game but I'll have to wait and see if they really leap forward in this regard. No games have for a good while but Rockstar are the guys to do it if anyone.

Don't get too excited, there's no new gameplay here just Brandon Jones talking about his 2 hour hands on gameplay impressions.

If I buy it Friday morning will I be able to play it on Saturday afternoon then?

If GTAV install time is anything to go by this will take at least 90 minutes to install, plus any day 1 patches. I just hope my copy is delivered early in the morning so I can play it on release day.

Can they not offer a pre-download for digital copies?

All digital preorders on Xbox and PS4 you can pre download days before.

Not sure why people are whining for. This is where console gaming has been for the past 5 years. Huge install sizes and day one patches.

Two hours install on launch isn’t going to kill me especially if I get it a day early.

Why is the size even an issue? People are really weird.

Why is the size even an issue? People are really weird.
A 105gb dl in Syria would take me at least a week to download while hindering my online activity, its an issue, but I think the download maybe will be more like 10gbs?

A 105gb dl in Syria would take me at least a week to download while hindering my online activity, its an issue, but I think the download maybe will be more like 10gbs?

You buy the physical copy. Problem solved.

I've accepted the state of modern gaming, but it doesn't mean that i like it. It's a pain in the fecking arse quite frankly. I have the original PS4 with the 500GB hard drive, which is laughably small when you consider the size of these games. Looks like i'm gonna have to clear most of my games off the system to free up some space. I could always upgrade the hard drive, but still - it's a nuisance.

I've accepted the state of modern gaming, but it doesn't mean that i like it. It's a pain in the fecking arse quite frankly. I have the original PS4 with the 500GB hard drive, which is laughably small when you consider the size of these games. Looks like i'm gonna have to clear most of my games off the system to free up some space. I could always upgrade the hard drive, but still - it's a nuisance.
External hard drives are the way forward. Very easy to use but even with that I’m still struggling for space.

External hard drives are the way forward. Very easy to use but even with that I’m still struggling for space.

Yeah that's the route i'm gonna take, to be honest. I was looking at a 1TB one the other day. It has to be done; the 500GB internal one on the PS4 is laughably small.

How often do people go back and play games they’ve already played a lot or completed? Once I’ve not played a game for a month I know I probably won’t do so again so I always just delete it. Never had an issue with space.

Yeah that's the route i'm gonna take, to be honest. I was looking at a 1TB one the other day. It has to be done; the 500GB internal one on the PS4 is laughably small.
If you’re doing it I’d recommend going 2tb. I still find myself having to make space. Especially if you download the free games each month.

How often do people go back and play games they’ve already played a lot or completed? Once I’ve not played a game for a month I know I probably won’t do so again so I always just delete it. Never had an issue with space.
I keep a lot of online games in case any of my mates want to play. And they take up so much space.

The annoying thing is it won't take 105gb of storage up, it just needs that free to complete the install. The actual file will probably be about half the advertised size.

I do this all the time, I played the original RDR about 3-5 times over, same with the Uncharted games, AC Black Flag, Origins and MGS V. After a while, replaying feels like a different game to me.

You seem to be the minority, plus 5 or so AAA games will fill the hdd quickly.

I'm constantly having to delete games that I would like to keep installed for ease next time I want to play them.

I've got a 3TB HDD External drive attached.

I never have an issue with space
How does this work? Do you plug it into one of the USB slots and the PS4 thinks it's just extra storage and therefore can harbour a huge amount of games? What happens if you disconnect it? Do you specifically have to select which games are downloaded to the external HDD and the PS4's original HD?

In RDR, I was playing the good guy. This time around, planning to go completely rogue and be the most wanted guy in the west!

I always try to play bad but I end up feeling sorry for bloody AI characters and picking the good guy option :lol:

I always try to play bad but I end up feeling sorry for bloody AI characters and picking the good guy option :lol:
Just unload a few magnum rounds into an innocent poker player, down some shots at the bar, shoot a maid, then ride off on horseback to go capture a civilian, hog tie him and lay him on some railway tracks. As you're waiting for the train, shoot wildly into the air, scream 'Yeehaww' and drink more shots.

Once you've done that, you can't go back to the good way of life.

Just unload a few magnum rounds into an innocent poker player, down some shots at the bar, shoot a maid, then ride off on horseback to go capture a civilian, hog tie him and lay him on some railway tracks. As you're waiting for the train, shoot wildly into the air, scream 'Yeehaww' and drink more shots.

I'm imagining some guy riding a horse into the desert while dragging some poor bloke along, all the time balancing a row of sambucas in one of those shot holders being really careful not to spill them.

I mean yeah I used to do exactly that but in terms of storyline choices I usually pick good.

In RDR, I was playing the good guy. This time around, planning to go completely rogue and be the most wanted guy in the west!

I read an article that said if you kill and NPC their family will put bounties on you or try and hunt you down.

Anyone remember the achievement from the first game where you had to hog tie someone and place them on a train track and wait for the train to run them over. Probably the ultimate bad guy act in the game, or single handidly wiping out the Buffalo population.
I’d normally try and just straddle the line between good and pure evil but I’m going to shoot up everything and kill anyone who looks at me sideways this time.

Going to have to watch that classic the quick and the dead in the build up to this. Sharpen Stones best work. Russel Crowe, Dicaprio, Hackman.

Last edited:
Am I the only person that absolutely hated RDR, one of the very few games I deleted before even getting halfway, and I consider myself a very patient gamer

I cannot wait for this game, the wait is killing me and I'm never like that for games. Feel like a kid again waiting for this to come out, it sounds and looks absolutely incredible.