RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Johnny Boy is refreshing because it appears he hasn't got RAWKBola. A severe brain hemorrhaging disease

Since 1986? My memory of them from that era isn't great but Ian Rush?

Rush, Aldridge, Fowler, Owen, Torres.

You'd back every one of them to score the chances that the racist misses regularly.

As for the guy who has been watching for 50 years, you can add Dalglish, Keegan, Hunt, St John, Beardsley. Probably more than those, but that's just off the top of my head.

Fair enough.

Do you think that Suarez will stay if Liverpool don't even qualify for the Europa League? If he is world class as some Liverpool argue (he might just be), don't you think he would want trophies?

Who else would you argue to be quality players? Gerrard has been good this season, but I don't think he will get better. Lucas seems a shadow of his former self - nor did I ever rate him that highly. Sterling is an exciting prospect, but a bit young to rely on. Reina has more howlers than match winning saves in his locker. Agger thinks he is better than he is. Johnson is good at attacking but only decent at defending and the same applies for Enrique. Henderson is average as is Allen - both are young though, but quality is perhaps overstating it? Sturridge could be quality. You definitely lack wingers though!

I don't know on Suarez, if someone puts in a big bid then it's a possibility, but you could say that about many players. He seems happy, I would expect him to be with us next season but the longer we go without Champions League football you are always wary of a club coming in for him.
That said it would be a lot of money to be invested elsewhere.

Not sure on Reina, I think it posssble he may leave as he hasn't had a good season, Henderson has done ok of late, as has Downing to be fair.

Assuming he stays a nucleus of Suarez, Sturridge, Agger, Coutinho, Johnson, Enrique, Gerrard, Lucas supplemented by Downing, Henderson, Skrtel, Allen, Wisdom, Sterling, Suso, Kelly, Borini with perhaps maybe another couple of young players coming through such as Sama (very good young centre half), Morgan, Yesil (promising young strikers). Flanagan and Robinson are decent young full back prospects both out on loan at the moment, so maybe they will get a chance.
Not that these are necessarily better youngsters than other clubs have.
I am sure you could list several United players that potentially could breakthrough. We have quite a few but it's a big if as always.

Wide players? May depend on the formation when Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez all play together, with the width Johnson and Enrique can offer the manager may decide to concentrate strengthening elsewhere.
Might depend on if Assaidi stays, but clearly we have let too many goals in this season.

If we can then get a) new left back b) new commanding centre half c) a wide player d) another striker e) Van Persie f) Vidic we will be sorted!

Seriously I am not sure what the summer transfer plans will be but clearly we need a new centre half and a left back as a starter.

That hurts, i'm shaking and nearly crying.

Every single lad in red out on that pitch done us proud tonight, from Gerrard to Sterling,from Assaidi to Shelvey, they gave their all and they made us dream again, it's a feeling that we've missed incredibly over the last few years but we got it back tonight, we dreamed of being champions of Europe again in some way and we gave it a f**k good go of getting there.

The men, women and children in that ground did us all proud, I respect you immensely for making my voice heard through you, through adversity we fight and fight we did.

Don't ever let your heads drop after that tonight, I'm eating my words right now and looking a tit in the process, but there is a fight, there is a desire and there is a will to win in this team, we're not a broken shell of a club anymore because that tonight, that proves that we're a family again, we're there when needed and we'll bleed Liverpool red for a needed win.

To all, thank you for getting me excited about football again, thank you for giving me the great honour of supporting this club and feeling as though we still can go somewhere, no matter how long it takes.

You've made me dream again, and I'll never ever walk alone whilst I wear that Liverbird forever on my heart.

I think Johnny Boy is refreshing because it appears he hasn't got RAWKBola. A severe brain hemorrhaging disease

Rawkbola is a virus that infects only Dippers and anyone associated with a football club called Liverpool. First cases were reported towards the end of 1990. It is generally not fatal but leads to bizarre delusion and serious hallucinations, such as winning the premier league. Several Rawkbola victims have also been known to suffer from the Next Season Syndrome.

Various scientists have been searching for a cure for over 20 years without any success despite spending over £600m, in fact Rawkbola has mutated into different strains over the years causing victims much heartache and agony. A case study is highlighted below :

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=241351.0

However the latest Head Researcher has indicated there is some hope on the way.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8331935/Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-aims-for-second-place-finish-in-Premier-League

Some cringeworthy RAWKite said:
That hurts, i'm shaking and nearly crying.

Every single lad in red out on that pitch done us proud tonight, from Gerrard to Sterling,from Assaidi to Shelvey, they gave their all and they made us dream again, it's a feeling that we've missed incredibly over the last few years but we got it back tonight, we dreamed of being champions of Europe again in some way and we gave it a f**k good go of getting there.

The men, women and children in that ground did us all proud, I respect you immensely for making my voice heard through you, through adversity we fight and fight we did.

Don't ever let your heads drop after that tonight, I'm eating my words right now and looking a tit in the process, but there is a fight, there is a desire and there is a will to win in this team, we're not a broken shell of a club anymore because that tonight, that proves that we're a family again, we're there when needed and we'll bleed Liverpool red for a needed win.

To all, thank you for getting me excited about football again, thank you for giving me the great honour of supporting this club and feeling as though we still can go somewhere, no matter how long it takes.

You've made me dream again, and I'll never ever walk alone whilst I wear that Liverbird forever on my heart.

Jesus!

To be honest, some of what that poster said has been missing, and also from some of the players.

If the level of commitment that was evident last night was a regular thing the results would be better, why should it take a situation where we need 4 goals to get some passion and pride in the performance?

It's been a long time since the atmosphere was as good. I know what he means, but maybe put it across better?

To be honest, some of what that poster said has been missing, and also from some of the players.

If the level of commitment that was evident last night was a regular thing the results would be better, why should it take a situation where we need 4 goals to get some passion and pride in the performance?

It's been a long time since the atmosphere was as good. I know what he means, but maybe put it across better?

The way I've heard and seen Liverpool fans speak about the game is amazing. The game has already achieved some sort of legendary status!

Liverpool didn't even play particulalrly well. And Liverpool got knocked out. Of the UEFA cup.

The way I've heard and seen Liverpool fans speak about the game is amazing. The game has already achieved some sort of legendary status!

Liverpool didn't even play particulalrly well. And Liverpool got knocked out. Of the UEFA cup.

You didn't see Arsenal fans when they beat Milan 3-0 last year at home bang on about such heroics. It's pathetic.

We got knocked out, I thought we played quite well with some passion that hasn't always been there this season.

If we had got the 4th it would have been a special night.
Some supporters may have got caught up in the atmosphere last night with their reaction, so be it.

Zenit are not even the force they have been in Russian football. They're also just back from a long winter break, so this is the time of year Russian/Ukranian team are notoriously inconsistent in Europe. They still knocked you out of the Europa League, so I'm afraid COAC is right. Some of you folk need to chill.

I found myself having one of my regular Suarez melancholy moments last night where I think "get yourself away Luis, you deserve much better than this".
:(

This guy deserves to be carried to the stadium like the way pharaoh's were transported
He (Suarez) Oooozes class
There are no words to describe him really. Quite possibly my favourite player of all time.
What makes him so bloody lovable is that he plays the way a supporter would play had they the ability; chasing everything the whole game with a smile.
And a stamp. A smile and a stamp.
he's just feckin boss
I love him.
Would love a camera to follow his every move some game. On one occasion in yesterday's game he seemed totally out on his feet after chasing a long ball, then suddenly a defender makes a slight mistake in possession and Suarez is off after him, busting a gut to put pressure on. The man is worth everything he gets out of this game , one were a lot of guys make easy money.
Another thing was the tunnel cam from the Swansea game i think, HT all players are returning to dressing room, what stands out for me is the state of Suarez shirt. Muck, blood, sweat, chalk, it had everything. So proud this man plays for the greatest club in the world . Liverpool Football Club. (Have a sneaky feeling he thinks the same)
*vomits*
How fecking Netto's didn't get sent off i don't know. His only answer was to foul everytime he could.
The work ethic of Dirk Kuyt, the flair of John Barnes, the improvisation of Robbie Fowler, the unpredictability of Titi Camara, the never ending spirit of Javier Mascherano, the will to win of Graeme Souness, the trickery of Peter Beardsley, the ability to make something out of absolutely nothing of Fernando Torres, the nastiness of Steve Mcmahon, the back to goal brilliance of Kenny Dalglish, the danger of Michael Owen and the terrifying use of every inch of grass that is unique to him.

That's Luis Suarez.
The racism of Nick Griffin?
The attitude of some people on here is the same as when you have a really fit bird and you start panicking that your out of your depth, and constantly worrying that she'll run off with another fella!
the footballing bundle of joy that is Suarez
Apparently he was crying in the dressing room after

On the stamp:

Just shows how there was literally nothing in it. You know what the media is like, if there was even the slightest sign of intention whatsoever, they would've been all over it.

Is it true that when the ITV commentator said to Gerrard that Liverpool have some good kids coming through, he said, "Have we?"

:lol: I hope he leaves in summer so much. This thread will reach new heights.

If Suarez does leave Liverpool this summer, his departure will be greeted with understanding on RAWK. They'll point to him being hounded out of the English game by Fergie and the FA, FSG not investing enough money in the team (despite wasting over £170 million on dross since they took control) to push on for Champions League football, football that a talent like Suarez deserves, yada, yada, yada...

I don't think he'll take much flak from them at all.

Yeah I don't think there's much between Suarez and Torres either way; Torres was more clinical whilst Suarez is more creative. Both are genuinely world class players whilst on form; Torres has turned to shit though with no sign whatsoever he'll come good again; I don't think it's laughable to think of Suarez as being the better player, and he's certainly one of the best players in the Premier League. Best Liverpool striker since 1986 though? I don't know about that. In my time both Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen stand out, though my memory of them at Liverpool is from childhood so it's difficult to compare really.

Thought you were old but guess not.

If Suarez does leave Liverpool this summer, his departure will be greeted with understanding on RAWK. They'll point to him being hounded out of the English game by Fergie and the FA, FSG not investing enough money in the team (despite wasting over £170 million on dross since they took control) to push on for Champions League football, football that a talent like Suarez deserves, yada, yada, yada...

They'll all well up when they remember their time together, it will be like an olden days love story

Will depend on how he leaves. If a club comes and makes an offer that he and Liverpool find impossible to turn down, it will be one thing. But if he tries to force a move, it will be RAWK On Fire!

Is it true that when the ITV commentator said to Gerrard that Liverpool have some good kids coming through, he said, "Have we?"

Yup, even when asked again, he repeated it. He may be right (regarding his doubts) but Rodgers' fawning over his senior players gives Gerrard & co licence to do, say and play as they please, it seems. This kind of indulgence isn't a good thing - as Chelsea have found over the years - and won't necessarily keep Rodgers in the job, even if he believes that it will.

Going by his history, there is every possiblity that he will make stupid comments after he moves and the RAWK will surely explode..

fecking hell TAKE IT TO THE SUAREZ THREAD FOR CHRISTS SAKES.

Every game there is a thesis on what htey think of Suarez, post RAWK shit, not that gumpified garbage.

In the interests of fairness, I'd point out that there are plenty of our fans who consider our 4-3 with Madrid in 2003 one of the great European nights at OT, despite the fact we lost the tie.

Granted we were playing Ronaldo & Zidane's galactico Real Madrid in the Champions League Quater finals, which makes it significantly different, but there's a enough of a similarity to point it out.

fecking hell TAKE IT TO THE SUAREZ THREAD FOR CHRISTS SAKES.

Every game there is a thesis on what htey think of Suarez, post RAWK shit, not that gumpified garbage.

Oh give over, it's entirely relevant and you're becoming a bore.

In the interests of fairness, I'd point out that there are plenty of our fans who consider our 4-3 with Madrid in 2003 one of the great European nights at OT, despite the fact we lost the tie.

Granted we were playing Ronaldo & Zidane's galactico Real Madrid in the Champions League Quater finals, which makes it significantly different, but there's a enough of a similarity to point it out.

fair point Mock. Zenith are a decent side.

credit to the dole queens.

In the interest of fairness, I didn't see a single United supporter claiming they were shaking and crying, or claimig they could now finally dream again, though.

This OTT 'in fairness' stuff is as cringey as the original RAWK effusions.

At one stage, Zenith were so lacklustre that I thought they were 'throwing' the game; no joke. Good fightback by Liverpool but, as always, it's the hyperbole that spoils it a little:

RAWK Writer said:
Eventually however the referee rules that we have run out of time. Two sides crumple. Those in red through effort and the disappointment of thwarted ambition, those in white through relief that their ordeal by fire is over. That somehow, improbably what looked at 830 like it was going to be a stroll has by 945 turned into one of the longest and hardest nights of their careers.

YAWN is ringing around the ground for the third time, the team applauded off like Champions. Regardless of the result it was another famous Anfield night. Proof that together we are more than the sum of our parts and we can make the impossible possible. The improbable probable.

I think they're tricking themselves into thinking it's not actually the Europa League.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the fans listen to the Champion's League theme tune on headphones before kick-off in these games.

Just to pretend it matters.

At one stage, Zenith were so lacklustre that I thought they were 'throwing' the game; no joke. Good fightback by Liverpool but, as always, it's the hyperbole that spoils it a little:

That is an horrendous quote.

That had more to do with Ronaldo's hat-trick and it being a great game overall. Most tend to forget we actually won a game in 90 minutes. No one talks about a fightback of any proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.