RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool don't really have much going on these days do they? Rare to hear a pool fan talk about football without mentioning United.

There's a poem on there about their 'legendary' comeback against Auxerre in 1991. :D

Call me mental, but with those warped feckers over there lapping up The Educator says, they will be up for it at Anfield tonight. Zenit have some fine players but have they got it in the belly when it becomes a battle in front of a raucous/RAWKish crowd?

I have a sneaking feeling they'll do it tonight, but RAWK won't be half as fun when it happens.

76016_571202422892618_1204831567_n.jpg

Call me mental, but with those warped feckers over there lapping up The Educator says, they will be up for it at Anfield tonight. Zenit have some fine players but have they got it in the belly when it becomes a battle in front of a raucous/RAWKish crowd?

I have a sneaking feeling they'll do it tonight, but RAWK won't be half as fun when it happens.

I think they will get through and God help the rest of English, and world, football when they do. Getting through tonight combined with hammering a Swansea pre-season XI last weekend, there's no questioning it, they're back.

And I'm sorry, Mr. Ferguson.....

...but there is feck all you can do about it...except laugh.

Well, it is a direct quote from the greatest thread in history, mate. :D

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=241351.0

I haven't read that one in about a year, my personal favorite from the OP.

The best manager in the world, managing the best team in the world, that he has created and sculpted, and are the dominate force in all European football. That’s his goal over the next 5 years. Doubtlessly.

And then there's this.

i am absolutely convinced that we will bring number 19 home next season and who know with it the added bonus of that Gin soaked bastard retiring. It would destroy everything hes done over the last twenty years if we were to make it 19-18 next season and as i say i am sure we will do it. Think the biggest threat to us would be if Hiddink stayed at Chelsea.

Also, the blind optimism of some people is sort of sweet.

I know it seems a tad over optimistic but, there's something inside me that makes me think we WILL still win the title this season. Never give up lad, no walkin out when we're level or a goal down with a few mins to go, no sitting on your hands, this is not a time for that. Get up on your feet and roar that team home with a hunger and a passion that only the 12th man of Liverpool is capable of. I believe Yossi won us the title with his equelizer on Tuesday night. 18 -18? Pah, 19 - 17! YAWN

Sometimes, this sweetness just turns a bit sour.

I honestly believe its the beginning of the end for Utd. And quite the reverse for us.

Of corse, some people are just bat shit crazy

Dear Mr Ferguson,

feck Off you red faced twat of a cnut bollox.

Then a United fan, in October. (The thread suddenly died when we won our next game)

So chaps, where were we?

Get up on your feet and roar that team home with a hunger and a passion that only the 12th man of Liverpool is capable of.

That's what annoys me most about rawk.

They take things that are by no means specific to them and talk about how they are unique to Liverpool.

When your club anthem is sung better by other fans it's best that you stop with the 'bestest and most dignified fans eva' routine.

Think the biggest threat to us would be if Hiddink stayed at Chelsea.

That was about 46 Chelsea managers ago.

RAWK Scribe

In general there has been a dominant force in the league, most commonly United and us.

United have been written off before for a few reasons, strong competition, problems with the squad or individuals, but never before has Fergies reign been under so much pressure. You can see from his reactions that Rafa has him more concerned than any other manager. Wenger was always a little one dimentional, although I was a big fan of Arsenals football back in 2002/2004 time. Mourinho ws a more grinding type individual but posed Fergie no serious threat as his concerns didnt really lie with Chelsea because they are no threat to English football superiority, and Mourinho was never likely to stick around for long given the merry-go-round club.

Rafa however, is a different kettle of fish. Fergies main objective for the last 5 years or so has been to overcome Liverpool, to etch United's name into history forever as the biggest clun in football and indeed the world. Rafa and this Liverpool side is his biggest threat to that, as well as being the only club to be between Fergie and that tag.

Given the situation and Fergies age, as well as the fact this Liverpool side isn't a flash in the pan, it's a side that has been gradually built stronger and stronger on our way to an authentic football pedigree, has Fergie in serious trouble. Not only that, but there isn't a natural replacement for Mr Ferguson, and no matter what state he leaves his team in, any long term successor is going to have his own ideas and will need to build his own side.

Ask yourself, is there nay young manager that you think that can do that and really challenge a Rafael Benitez with 3/4 more years experience and foundations beneath him.

Put it this way - I'd rather be a Liverpool fan for the next decade than a United one.

I can't believe some of those lines. :eek:

After supporting United nearly for the last 20 years seeing them win everything under the sun, I still wouldn't be 'THIS' arrogant about next year's League title. feck me.

ciderman9000000 said:
Historic game! Proud of the team and the noisy crowd!!

feck me, they must make the most history of any team ever.

Where were you on that famous night when they lost to Zenit.

You won't have to imagine it.

The only thing they have said over the years with a grain of truth is that United will have a conundrum when Fergie leaves. My God that is going to be a huge decision.

I honest to God wish we could just have Fergie for the rest of time. Unfortunately we will have to replace him within the next few years and I don't see a single manager out there in his league.

Mourinho maybe, but he'd need to be loyal. And I'd like to see what Pep does at Bayern first.

Didn't know St Petersburg was in Siberia, always thought it was in Russia.

Shelvey just looks bereft of confidence and was strolling about the pitch like David Essex.

Tbf, their attacking game isn't woeful these days. They have real pace to their game (with players slow as feck) and quite a few strings to play - just imagine if they had proper wingers. Now, their defense is as atrocious as they come however. First you have Carragher who fecks up a couple of times, then you have Mr. tattooed arms who just hasn't realised he isn't Maradona, and Reina who confuses the ball with air! With some quality wingers in the door next season they can be a top four candidate - but that all depends whether or not Suarez is staying.

Never mind. Now they can concentrate on the...er...erm...Eurovision Song Contest.

Tbf, their attacking game isn't woeful these days. They have real pace to their game (with players slow as feck) and quite a few strings to play - just imagine if they had proper wingers. Now, their defense is as atrocious as they come however. First you have Carragher who fecks up a couple of times, then you have Mr. tattooed arms who just hasn't realised he isn't Maradona, and Reina who confuses the ball with air! With some quality wingers in the door next season they can be a top four candidate - but that all depends whether or not Suarez is staying.

It also depends on better teams above them that have spent years in the top four: United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal. They'll strengthen, just like Liverpool.

Unless they unearth a few gems, wingers nowadays, cost the kind of money they cannot afford.

I can't see Liverpool breaking into the top four just yet.

They seem to be going backward, going forwards.

They can't have it, because than they will loose 4-3. What the feck did they do in the three min, they could not do anything because Zenit put the pressure on them and they can't play their way out of anything because of their limited players. Strange that they can't just understand that they are a avrage team, a really avrage team.

Status
Not open for further replies.