RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the last 20+ years counting, Liverpool are the biggest club in England.

Luis Suarez...

Reminds me of Thierry Henry at his best, but if anything Suarez is a better dribbler/more creative & harder working

:lol::lol:

suarez is just beyond what us mere mortals can imagine

Best player in the league it's that simple. Only Messi and Ronaldo are better worldwide at the moment

It's almost like he's playing in the Matrix and can will his desire on the ball

This man is not from this planet

Does anyone think he will still be with them after they fail to qualify for the CL for the 4th successive season?

:lol:

There's alot more realism on their than normal at the moment though if you actually read through the threads. Plenty of Brendan Rodgers doubters and even those who are backing him are debating more the need for stability rather than LFC are the dog's bollocks.

Does anyone think he will still be with them after they fail to qualify for the CL for the 4th successive season?

He will do his best to get out from Merseyside if they don't qualify or at least don't have a right go at it.

It's hard to tell. He may be the sort of character who loves all the attention the deluded Liverpool fans are giving him. But if he had any sort of ambition he'd be off at the end of the season, Liverpool aren't going to win a major trophy any time soon.

He will do his best to get out from Merseyside if they don't qualify or at least don't have a right go at it.

Signing that new contract at the start of the season was a surprise to me - I also expected him to be out of there as soon as his profile in a big league had been established, but then he goes and ties himself in even longer. I realise he will have gotten himself a payrise as a result, but at his age he can't really waste too much time at a club challenging for Europa league spot - he's not a goalkeeper so hasn't got the amount of time to waste like Reina has since they imploded out of the top four. And if he were to leave, then at least two of the most likely destination clubs are in the Premier League anyway.

Unfortunately I've think we're stuck with him, Tevez, Terry and Stoke in the league for a long time to come.

FFS! :lol: Liverpool fans have done it again. Suarez won goal of the year on Sky Sports News for his goal against Newcastle this season, with 32% of the vote.

Good goal and all, but certainly not the best.

On one hand it is a lack of ambition if Suarez remains at Liverpool, but on the other hand I find it hard to begrudge that kind of loyalty.

Reminds me of Thierry Henry at his best, but if anything Suarez is a better dribbler/more creative & harder working

Unbelievable quote from the dippers.

Suarez better than Henry. That's mental. Henry was arguably the best player to ever grace this league.

Signing that new contract at the start of the season was a surprise to me - I also expected him to be out of there as soon as his profile in a big league had been established, but then he goes and ties himself in even longer. I realise he will have gotten himself a payrise as a result, but at his age he can't really waste too much time at a club challenging for Europa league spot - he's not a goalkeeper so hasn't got the amount of time to waste like Reina has since they imploded out of the top four. And if he were to leave, then at least two of the most likely destination clubs are in the Premier League anyway.

Unfortunately I've think we're stuck with him, Tevez, Terry and Stoke in the league for a long time to come.

not necessarily, He most probably has a release clause in the contract, all big names have an amount to trigger their release .
What the contract does is secure a big Fee for the dippers if he does leave.
Which I expect him to if not this summer then certainly next year. He will want CL football and to be at a big club.
Despite his flaws as a character he is a SUPERB footballer.
No Doubt.

he wasnt the greatest.
Top 5 for sure.

I am a defender of all things United, but even I cannot say he wasn't the greatest player in the league of the last twenty years and keep a straight face.

A better all-round game than Shearer and van Nistelrooy, a better goalscorer than Cantona, more consistent than Zola - he simply was magnificent.

Yep.
Marginally, but he was better.

Henry better than Ronaldo? Not a chance.
Thierry Henry never reached the dizzying heights of Ronaldo in 07/08 season. It's one thing to score goals abundantly in rubbish games, it's another thing to score those goals when it matters. Henry choked in the biggest stages @ Arsenal while Ronaldo's goals won United the European double.

I don't understand what's so laughable.

Henry wasn't as skilful as Ronaldo, but he had a superior footballing brain in my opinion. Henry was the fulcrum of one of the best football teams the English game has ever seen and was just at ease at assisting goals as he was at putting them away himself.

Unfortunately, Ronaldo lost that aspect of his game a long time ago. As someone humorously, and accurately, said earlier, if you play with Ronaldo nowadays, you only get possession of the ball if one of Ronaldo's shot gets deflected and it doesn't go out of play.

Ronaldo was a phenom for us, but he wasn't better than Henry in the Premier League years.

I don't understand what's so laughable.

Henry wasn't as skilful as Ronaldo, but he had a superior footballing brain in my opinion. Henry was the fulcrum of one of the best football teams the English game has ever seen and was just at ease at assisting goals as he was at putting them away himself.

Unfortunately, Ronaldo lost that aspect of his game a long time ago. As someone humorously, and accurately, said earlier, if you play with Ronaldo nowadays, you only get possession of the ball if one of Ronaldo's shot gets deflected and it doesn't go out of play.

Ronaldo was a phenom for us, but he wasn't better than Henry in the Premier League years.

This is a RAWK thread so no idea what is going on here but Ronaldo was the fulcrum of the best side in Europe. Henry did nothing with his 'best team in England' when they left the shores. Ok, they got to a final but they were essentially just first losers

Henry choked in the biggest stages @ Arsenal while Ronaldo's goals won United the European double.

Blatantly untrue.

Skip to 5:30:

Skip to 0:30:

Thierry Henry was the best player in the world circa. 2002. I am a huge defender in all things United, but I have to admit to his sheer class.

There's no shame in being second best to a player like Henry.

P.S This is hugely off-topic so I'm going to stop posting about it now.

If anyone wants to carry on the debate elsewhere, I'll gladly contribute. This thread isn't the place for it, though.

Yep.

Marginally, but he was better.

No he wasn't.

Henry was absolute class. A joy to behold. But better than Ronnie? No. Just no. Henry did it for longer, of course, but that's only because another team was willing to pay 80 million pounds for Ronaldo.

Henry did it for longer, of course, but that's only because another team was willing to pay 80 million pounds for Ronaldo.

I said I wasn't going to comment again, but I'll bite for this.

Last time I checked, I said that Henry was the best player to grace this league.

I don't recall ever bringing what players achieved in other leagues into it, or judging it on speculation, as that's all we can go on if we are to determine what Ronaldo might have achieved if he never left us.

The fact remains: Henry's statistics stand up against anyone that's ever played in this league.

Way to miss the point I was making...

Did you just I'm rubber and you're glue me? I'll be nominating you in that "great caf debaters" thread afterall.

Hey you don't know maaaaaan! You don't know!

Ronaldo > Henry 4eva lulz.

Status
Not open for further replies.