Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He’s shown he needs a few games to get up to speed following an injury. Have faith in this lad, all the right attributes are there to make a monster of a player. Think he’d thrive better if Amad and Zirkzee are playing with him.

His first touch is a problem and I’m not really sure he’s that fast. If it’s between him and Zhirkzee I’d much rather Zhirkzee to play. Hopefully Hojllund improves and both could play together.

His first touch is a problem and I’m not really sure he’s that fast. If it’s between him and Zhirkzee I’d much rather Zhirkzee to play. Hopefully Hojllund improves and both could play together.
I have been following him since his days in FCK, and I can tell you he is not much better than he was at FCK, and there he was not good enough.. And him being a top talent is just BS

Will benefit from minutes, need to see Zirkzee play with him and Garnacho seems less greedy this year throw in Amad and he will have chances this year!

Calling him average is stupid, he’s still a kid full of potential.
His touch is average at best. He is not very clinical. Needs to improve a lot to be a top 4 striker. We overpaid for him, he is a 35m player. I rate Sesko much higher.

I have been following him since his days in FCK, and I can tell you he is not much better than he was at FCK, and there he was not good enough.. And him being a top talent is just BS
I’ve been following him since Atalanta and you need a special bias to not rate him. Don’t know what he’s done to you, but his talent is quite obvious to the neutral fan.
His touch is average at best. He is not very clinical. Needs to improve a lot to be a top 4 striker. We overpaid for him, he is a 35m player. I rate Sesko much higher.
Not very clinical? What are you on? Fine with different opinions, but this is objectively wrong - his conversion rate last season was incredible.

I actually think it was a little harsh bringing him on at the weekend. With a game in the balance introducing a player who hadn't played all season for a cameo where we need him to make something happen was just setting him up to fail. Not only did it expose how rusty he was it also harmed our chances of winning

I appreciate ETH trying to get minutes into everyone's legs for his 'survival of the fittest' season but we had twente at home on the horizon for the fringe players, that would've suited Rasmus much better.

Zirkzee should've stayed on at palace even if he was tiring

He’s quick, powerful and a decent enough finisher.

But his movement isn’t great and his touch is very inconsistent. His close control when moving at speed is either excellent or awful, and he’s rarely in the right place at the right time. It’s the last bit is the most worrying, as most top strikers say that bit is instinctive.

Need RvN to work some magic on the lad, as he’s still more what we need up front than Zirkzee, flaws included. Glad to have him back from injury and hope he can stay fit and we can have a good look at him this season and see if he kicks on.

He’s quick, powerful and a decent enough finisher.

But his movement isn’t great and his touch is very inconsistent. His close control when moving at speed is either excellent or awful, and he’s rarely in the right place at the right time. It’s the last bit is the most worrying, as most top strikers say that bit is instinctive.

Need RvN to work some magic on the lad, as he’s still more what we need up front than Zirkzee, flaws included. Glad to have him back from injury and hope he can stay fit and we can have a good look at him this season and see if he kicks on.

The worrying thing for me is that Zirkzee is a slower player (although I think Hojlund's speed & acceleration is overhyped) and he gets into better goalscoring opportunities than Rasmus. Small sample size though.

I don't want to write Hojlund off, he looked very good at one point last season, but if I had to pick which one of the two will be worldclass I'm taking Zirkzee, hopefully it can be both.

The worrying thing for me is that Zirkzee is a slower player (although I think Hojlund's speed & acceleration is overhyped) and he gets into better goalscoring opportunities than Rasmus. Small sample size though.

I don't want to write Hojlund off, he looked very good at one point last season, but if I had to pick which one of the two will be worldclass I'm taking Zirkzee, hopefully it can be both.

I’d say neither have a chance of hitting that level. But that’s ok for now, we just need one of them to start scoring, they don’t need to be a Batistuta regen. I don’t think our long term striker is currently playing for the club.

although I think Hojlund's speed & acceleration is overhyped
He did outrun Van de Veen last season though.
Edit: also, speed must be so easy to measure that there’s got to be data available. Anyone?

Last edited:

He needs to get some games before we make the comparison. Zirkzee has been in goalscoring positions this season, but it may be that our attackers have clicked to make that happen and Hojlund will also be in those situations just as much.

Zirkzee averages 2.3 shots per 90 mins so far for us so not a huge amount that Hojlund can't also manage

The first half of last season our attackers were just poor. 2nd half was much better but still room to do more. Now with Rashford and Amad hitting form and Garnacho continuing from last season we might see Hojlund go back to the form where he had his goalscoring run last season and be able to maintain it for longer

Came onto the pitch with Rashford, Garnacho and Bruno there also. Proper deja vu vibes from last season.

Will be interesting to see if he gets to play some serious minutes with Amad, Zirkzee and even Mount.

Man Utd 1:1 FC Twente New
4 touches in 15 minutes when we are attacking and need a goal. Nowhere near the ball.

Shouldnt be anywhere near our first team, send him to the under 23s until he regains match fitness. Completely off it.

Genuinely concerned that he might be a bit shit

His first touch is fecking dreadful and I’m convinced his lack of service is down to his own ability to find space

Hojlund would score goals in a team like City where they create loads.

His all round play isn’t great here, and we aren’t good enough to create that volume of chances.

Genuinely concerned that he might be a bit shit

His first touch is fecking dreadful and I’m convinced his lack of service is down to his own ability to find space
Some people still don't understand that for striker being in right place is ability. which Hojlund doesn't have.
Zirkzee has finishing issues but look at his chances so far. Maybe one was clear pass. Everything else was his good positioning and game reading.
When Hojlund is in penalty box he is never close to the ball.

Some people still don't understand that for striker being in right place is ability. which Hojlund doesn't have.
Zirkzee has finishing issues but look at his chances so far. Maybe one was clear pass. Everything else was his good positioning and game reading.

Some people still don't understand that he has played less than 30 minutes after coming back from injury and cannot wait to pile in on him. In a god awful United team during an injury hit season he scored 16 times, the idea that he is not good enough is just laughable. The manager has no clue how to set the team up and we do not have any control in midfield or composure in our build up play. Once INEOS finally see the light and kick that useless bellend into touch we might actually start to play some decent football.

Yeah that’s what struck me most in his first season. Pretty good finisher and some decent qualities but his ability to be on the end of chances is poor.

He's really has far too many games where he's nonexistent. I really don't know what to make of him. He isn't the required standard at the moment and that's shite as we don't have anyone else

I don’t really rate him in general, but he will probably need a bit of time to get up to speed. Hopefully Ruud can mould him into something great, but I’m not sure you can teach what Ruud had.

He's rusty right now. Just wait until he hits form and scores in six straight games, and his two hardcore fans will come in and educate the haters.

He's rusty right now. Just wait until he hits form and scores in six straight games, and his two hardcore fans will come in and educate the haters.
I am still waiting from them to explain where is that famous potential which will make Hojlund top striker. All i heard so far is;
"He is fast and he is fast and......oh yes, he is fast. ".

I've been thinking about this.

There was a time last season when the vast majority believed him to be a very good signing who was almost certainly going to make it here. I suspect there will come a time this season where that happens again. I know we're more than a bit kneejerk with everyone but him being our main hope for goals exaggerates it greatly with him I think.

Anyway, some depressing cameos off the bench coming back from injury don't worry me much. Once he's got 5 starts under his belt and it's still horrible then toys out the pram is called for I say.

His issue is, he takes five or six games to hit form and then by game nine he is injured again.

Yet to see where the buzz is with him, happy to be proven wrong.

The difference between Zirkzee and him is obvious. When fully fit his role is still mostly going to be coming off the bench and hopefully growing as you want young players to do.