2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I'd say that's quite a lot.
He’s had two injuries since he’s been with us. The first was a case of him being a young growing man. The other two have been run of the mill injuries. Last season he wasn’t out for that long, this one longer but also just not being rushed back.

He’s had two injuries since he’s been with us. The first was a case of him being a young growing man. The other two have been run of the mill injuries. Last season he wasn’t out for that long, this one longer but also just not being rushed back.

I suspect we should be careful with Hojlund. He came to us injured and was playing as soon as he was "fit" which also led to other smaller injuries during the season.

It is difficult to judge his injury record because last season we spent all season with him as our only recognised striker option, we overly relied him which meant he would have been playing through injury.

Same thing happened in pre season, Hojlund was thrown into the starting line up as soon as he was back from international holiday. I understand people blame Ten Hag but a manager would want to play a ST because we want the squad to learn the football.

Now that we have Zirkzee, we can allow Hojlund some time to recover and get fit.

3 injuries (excluding back problem injury).

I mean he missed the start of last season, missed a section of mid season and has missed the beginning of this season.

Whatever the type of injury that's still a good amount of missed time.

That's above average I'd say in terms of injury record.

Looking forward to having him back in the squad. A bit of competition for his place can only be a good thing too!

The bench will look a lot more like a United team soon, and we haven't been able to say that for about 2 years.

I'm very interested in how he develops this season. The pace, movement and strength he has is a very good combination. He also scored a few goals where he has just blasted past defenders. If he can stay fit and the team can continue creating chances this could be the year he takes a big step up. I have a feeling there is potentially an elite striker in him.

I'm very interested in how he develops this season. The pace, movement and strength he has is a very good combination. He also scored a few goals where he has just blasted past defenders. If he can stay fit and the team can continue creating chances this could be the year he takes a big step up. I have a feeling there is potentially an elite striker in him.

Yeah I liked the goal against Arsenal in pre season

Crystal Palace 0:0 Man Utd New
I forgot how average he can look at everything he does on the pitch.

He is not type of striker for our style of football. Our general play with Zirkzee and with Hojlund are day and night.

I said at the start of the season, neither he or Zirkzee will get 10 PL goals this season. I should have put a bet on. Zirkzee isn’t a finisher but a great link up players. Hojlund is just very, very average.

I hope that after seeing Zirkzee's involvement in our general play, excuse about service will die.

No surprice that our attack fell apart after he came on.. it was like watching Denmark doing Euro24 where he was among the 1-2 worst players and like here, Denmark was far better when he went off... I cant believe that a club like United have such a poor striker...

I swear people on here play too much FIFA, come back to reality folks, the guy is just back from injury and had a cameo. Bloody hell

Give him time to get back into it.

....that first touch though :wenger:

Yup. Höjlund is a speed merchant with a subpar touch.
What does that even mean?

He had maybe 4 or 5 touches, the first was bad and then he made a perfect run after bullying a defender to get the ball from Martinez and managed to cross it under pressure.

Also, it wasn’t because of him we stopped playing fluent football, it was because Eriksen went off. Come on now, it’s not that hard to see

Great to see him back. Also take a break you plebs, beyond toxic this place!

I said at the start of the season, neither he or Zirkzee will get 10 PL goals this season. I should have put a bet on. Zirkzee isn’t a finisher but a great link up players. Hojlund is just very, very average.
It's amazing when the striker of our cheating rivals will probably get 40

Hojlund, Bruno and Rashford can’t play together. I’m convinced of it. It’s disjointed, with zero control and creativity in the final third.

Hojlund needs creators around him to thrive. When he plays with Rashford in the same side, they compete for the same amount of chances and get in each other's way. Try him out with Zirkzee and Amad and he will look 3x the player we saw tonight.

Aside from that, great to see him back.

Glad to see him back. The caf has clearly no perspective or patience, as the lad is just back from injury and has had a prefectly decent season for us.

Rusty and needs games. He should enjoy playing with Eriksen, Zirkzee, Amad, Garnacho, Mazraoui etc

Will benefit from minutes, need to see Zirkzee play with him and Garnacho seems less greedy this year throw in Amad and he will have chances this year!

Calling him average is stupid, he’s still a kid full of potential.

He put in some fabulous performances at the back end of last season so looking forward to seeing him at full sharpness- our attack desperately needs a clinical finisher. Would love to see him and Zirzkee play together at some point.

All those slagging him off after a 15 minute cameo after being injured for months should hang their heads in shame. Probably the same ones writing off Zirzkee after two matches.