Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
I’ll keep this short. Can’t trap a bag of cement. Who thought this player would put us on par with Liverpool and City in the goal scoring stakes?
Same goes for that Zirkzee I’ve seen enough of these two, what the feck were our scouts watching?

Let's play to the strength of our players ....
It is no use when our wingers try to score from crazy angles..
Garnacho is the biggest culprit here..

I’m not really a fan of Hojlund but he’s shown that when in form he is very effective and can go on a good run of form.

The issue is his floor is very low so in games he’s not playing well he can look very very poor. I’d still have him ahead of Zirkzee or Rashford up front but that’s not really saying anything.

Let's play to the strength of our players ....
It is no use when our wingers try to score from crazy angles..
Garnacho is the biggest culprit here..
Saw a stat about him, think it was against Porto after he came on. He had 10+ shots(something around that) and created nothing for his teammates. Diallo was totally opposite, created for his teammates(including 3 big chances and 100% pass completion) and didn't have many shots, 2 maybe.

Saw a stat about him, think it was against Porto after he came on. He had 10+ shots(something around that) and created nothing for his teammates. Diallo was totally opposite, created for his teammates(including 3 big chances and 100% pass completion) and didn't have many shots, 2 maybe.
I didn't see stats from the Villa game but there were two occasions that I saw where Rasmus had space in the box with Garnacho in position to play the pass and instead he opted to keep driving at goal, losing possession on one and shooting wide on the other. Simply instructing our wingers to look for the early pass instead of overplaying or being flat out greedy should improve our record in front of goal, Rashford has improved in terms of looking for his striker but Garnacho seems convinced he is playing a solo game most of the time.

I’ll keep this short. Can’t trap a bag of cement. Who thought this player would put us on par with Liverpool and City in the goal scoring stakes?
Same goes for that Zirkzee I’ve seen enough of these two, what the feck were our scouts watching?
You'd hate Evra and Vidic when they initially signed for us.

I didn't see stats from the Villa game but there were two occasions that I saw where Rasmus had space in the box with Garnacho in position to play the pass and instead he opted to keep driving at goal, losing possession on one and shooting wide on the other. Simply instructing our wingers to look for the early pass instead of overplaying or being flat out greedy should improve our record in front of goal, Rashford has improved in terms of looking for his striker but Garnacho seems convinced he is playing a solo game most of the time.
Yeah don't know how many times Rashford and specially Garnacho go for the more difficult then a simple pass to a open teammate around or in the box.

Poor Rasmus getting a bashing in here.
I think he has been one of the few positives for us. Can’t judge him this season as he’s been injured mainly. He made a slow start last season but put up decent numbers in the end.

We need to be supporting not looking to blame him for the teams poor form.

There is a good player here and he will show it soon enough. Considering the players around him - wingers that are inverted and just want to shoot his numbers have been good.

Why? They were laughably poor to begin with. Why is it different for Zirkzee?
Come now, I think we have seen enough to realise that this once proud club just spends money for the fecking sake of it.
It is about time we only started buying players if they can improve on what we already have, and these two most definitely don’t.

He's been decent, maybe in a few years he can be the main goal scorer, but he's so green, that for now is more see him as an early impact sub. He needs guidance, a lot of it. I just hope that Ruud can help in that aspect.

His stats against Spain are killing it.
15 minutes, 3 times touched the ball. Lost one.

And........that is it. Impact sub.

His stats against Spain are killing it.
15 minutes, 3 times touched the ball. Lost one.

And........that is it. Impact sub.
@Andycoleno9 predictably posting in Højlunds performance thread the first possible opportunity to criticise him after not making an impact in 12 minutes against the best national team in the world, who would have thought?

It was always weird, now it is just sad.

Maybe I’m crazy, but I think he’ll come good. And I’m usually quite negative about our signings.

Needs time, patience and the right system and manager....arguably none of which we have got. I can see him at 25/26 being an absolute beast.....sadly I don't think it will be here.

Think he can be a good player, but he’s not good enough to carry this manager. He needs to be a prominent squad player under a better coach with a senior player in front of him. Did we profile him properly? We never seem to have a clue what we’re actually buying.

I've been looking up at Gyokeres & how Ruben Amorim's tactics allows him to score so many goals.

I reckon Hojlund can be as good as Gyokeres under a manager like Amorim that provides him enough service.

Most of Gyokeres goals are through his other team mates & barely creates one by himself - though both he & hojlund have proved they can do this aswell.

I've not been his biggest fan - but after analysing how Gyokeres plays; I honestly don't know why Hojlund couldn't be just as good as Gyokeres under a manager like Ruben Amorim.

Hojlund is incredibly big and strong. He's so extremely fast when he makes run. And to add to that, he's a great poacher who scores easy goals!

For me it's too early to write him off just yet. He was thrown into the team last year in his first season, when United were playing terrible. This season he's had an injury to deal with, so I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

What he needs is a good run of games and start scoring, but for me, his biggest problem are the players behind him, that are meant to be supplying him. When he makes a run, he's hardly played in and everyone around him wants to be a hero with a Hollywood strike. He needs way better service than what he's getting.

I've also seen him dropping back to try and get the ball. Rooney did this when he wasn't being played in and Kane has done this for England for the same reason. The minute you see strikers doing that you know there's a problem.

I hope the lad can push on and build up a good goal scoring run.

He has played 14, 17 and 64 minutes over 3 games in the league so far this season.

Let the kid get back to fitness first.

He has played 14, 17 and 64 minutes over 3 games in the league so far this season.

Let the kid get back to fitness first.
no. a thousand times no. in the olden days, good strikers would play on one leg and still outperform their xg. solksjaer famously scored loads of goals from the bench. he didn’t even need to be on the pitch. kids nowadays are just lazy.

no. a thousand times no. in the olden days, good strikers would play on one leg and still outperform their xg. solksjaer famously scored loads of goals from the bench. he didn’t even need to be on the pitch. kids nowadays are just lazy.

If you’re gonna satire, you at least have to go a yard or two beyond the standard opinions.

I don't think he's up to it but I love being proved wrong.

Come on, Rasmus, make me eat humble pie, lad.

Mmmmm

Think people are generally far too harsh on a very young striker who, in his first season in a struggling team, returned goals at a relatively good rate in the PL and a very good rate in the CL.

Not as big a talent unfortunately. Don't forget how Lukaku burst on the scene when he was 19 - scoring 17 for West Brom in the PL.

Was a man mountain and knew how to use body, power, and pace effectively. That alone could make him a handful for defenders.

Rasmus has a big frame but doesn't know how to use it. It's a skill! Lukaku was/is way more refined than people give him credit for.

Not as big a talent unfortunately. Don't forget how Lukaku burst on the scene when he was 19 - scoring 17 for West Brom in the PL.

Was a man mountain and knew how to use body, power, and pace effectively. That alone could make him a handful for defenders.

Rasmus has a big frame but doesn't know how to use it. It's a skill! Lukaku was/is way more refined than people give him credit for.

This.

Lukaku was at a whole different level at the same age. Hojlund has had first team experience since 17 if I recall correctly and he still plays with the immaturity of a little developed youth player who had a late start to academy football

Not sure Hojlund should be lumped into the same bracket as Zirkzee.

Hojlund has raw pace and was just getting into a good run when injury struck.
With a bunch of "new age" wingers more interested in trying to cut in and score then create he was always on a sticky wicket.

This.

Lukaku was at a whole different level at the same age. Hojlund has had first team experience since 17 if I recall correctly and he still plays with the immaturity of a little developed youth player who had a late start to academy football
Immature youth players tend to score 15 non-penalty goals in PL and CL at the age of 20, right?

Hojlund's lack of top level striker skills limits his upside but its far too early to write him off. A lot of strikers in the "fast and physical" category take a while to figure out how to influence games more consistently and find scoring opportunities against PL defenses full of very athletic and organized defenders. The concern with Hojlund is that he's in a bad situation for his development, both because he probably should be playing second fiddle behind an established #1 at this stage (or starting for a smaller club) and because his skill set seems like a bad fit with United's other forwards, none of whom are chance creators. Its like a chicken-and-the-egg problem with United's attack, Hojlund is understandably raw and still has a lot to learn about what runs to make with what timing in order to get on the end of chances but his frontline teammates are either incapable or unwilling to pass him the ball in those situations anyway.

Immature youth players tend to score 15 non-penalty goals in PL and CL at the age of 20, right?

A lot about his overall game is underdeveloped, surely you can see this if you have a discerning eye? Hojlund is a capable player, but it's not all there (yet?) and for the extorbitant fee united paid, it should be. I enjoyed his goals last season, it tells me there's potential for more, but the majority of those goals came in a purple patch and he was dire on either side of it, before and after. The jury is still out

Fella would have binned off his vaunted namesake for his goalscoring rate in 5 of his United seasons. I've just chosen to ignore his drivel.