Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Great game. Much better hold-up and link-up play throughout, and that finish was lovely.

Think he was doing well even before the goal, winning some of the physical battles against strong CBs with some good link up. Quality finish for the goal.

Brilliant performance. I would love nothing more than to see him succeed at United.

The hold-up play today was Drogba-esque. A long, long time since we've seen any United striker do that.

Good game, couldn’t have asked for more than that even from a seasoned striker. Not the most refined player yet, but many great strikers in the past weren’t refined at his age.

Hopefully he’s one of those who get better year over year and is willing to work hard on his flaws to reach WC levels.

Had a good game, sloppy start but really grew in to it. Hopefully he continues to get better at holding the ball up and spinning his defender, when he does that we look very dangerous, with his pace and Garnacho/Rashford flanking him.

Good game. Especially second half. Great goal. Very happy for him.

He needs to be given a bit of trust and a run of games. Give him the benefit of the doubt when things aren't going right and the opportunity to score late goals.

Great game from him. Good hold up play, nice layoffs and flicks around the corner, lovely tidy finish - could have had a couple of assists first half too. Bullied Brentford's CBs at times.

People need to remember that it's very, very rare for strikers to have the strength and body control to master hold up play in their teens/early 20s. Showed signs of the all-round striker he could be as he continues to develop.

I still don't get how people can completely write him off.

I get having doubts, and not being happy with how much he cost, but the potential is there to be a very good player. He has a lot of positive attributes. I am happy with him so far. Especially as he's playing in a team that's been struggling since before he even joined.

Looked hungry and fit all game. First half he looked a bit unlucky and often isolated, second half he was really great. Promising performance and if you compare him to Zirkzee he should be starting pretty much every game, unless you want zero goal threat from your striker.

Had a good game, sloppy start but really grew in to it. Hopefully he continues to get better at holding the ball up and spinning his defender, when he does that we look very dangerous, with his pace and Garnacho/Rashford flanking him.
What you described, if you can do more frequently, we will automatically become better and he will score. That's a pivotal aspect of the game.

So he's played about 240ish minutes of football this season and has 2 goals.

Good going especially in a team that isn't very good

This was Rasmus like he looked before joining us. Hopefully this is a sign he can get back on track.

Hold up play excellent today. That goal is something we need to to more for him, actually feed him behind.

A proper striker's finish that. We've missed that for so long. Won his fair share of battles against the defenders and probably would've gotten another had he stayed on.

His goal literally saved ETH's job. Time for a revival for ETH.

What you described, if you can do more frequently, we will automatically become better and he will score. That's a pivotal aspect of the game.
Absolutely, I think Ruud will drill it into him to be honest, he used to do a lot of that himself. He needs backing and playing for full 90’s to get his stamina up.

Absolutely brilliant today. Should've gotten both the CBs carded and on the ropes if the ref wasn't such a moron.

Loved that. Still a little clumsy and I feel he hasn't fully got control of his body when engaging in duels, but I think it's clear that he has great tools to be a very well rounded, high quality striker. He also does have an intensity in his game that I really like.

He's a proper centre forward. Made some neat turns in the first half with his back to goal. That finish was beautiful. If he stays fit, I think he's getting over 20+ goals this season.

What a lovely goal that was. Delighted for him. Great hold up play, great finish, and looked much sharper.

Much better today, lovely chipped finish. Has Ruud finally had some time to work with him

Clearly there is some talent there. Hopefully the last few disappointing performances were more about fitness and rust. Needs to put in these kind of games more often.

If we feed him, Rasmus will feast. It's pretty simple with this lad.

Ruud was amazing, Drogba was fantastic at it. I hope he watches a lot of tape of these strikers
Because of the strength and control of your body required, things like this and hold-up play are the last things strikers tend to develop. It's quite common for pure run-in-behind poacher type strikers to do well from a young age, but I'm struggling to think of many strikers who were regularly outmuscling or spinning PL CBs, or holding the ball up with a good success rate at 20 or 21.

Ruud and Drogba were playing in the second tiers of Dutch and French football for Den Bosch and Le Mans at Hojlund's age. The people writing Hojlund off because he doesn't look like them in their prime yet are mental.

Under a proper setup, he'll be lethal, I'm sure of that. A setup where he actually receives the ball in or around the box.

Because of the strength and control of your body required, things like this and hold-up play are the last things strikers tend to develop. It's quite common for pure run-in-behind poacher type strikers to do well from a young age, but I'm struggling to think of many strikers who were regularly outmuscling or spinning PL CBs, or holding the ball up with a good success rate at 20 or 21.

Ruud and Drogba were playing in the second tiers of Dutch and French football for Den Bosch and Le Mans at Hojlund's age. The people writing Hojlund off because he doesn't look like them in their prime yet are mental.
The hope is that since his frame is big, Hojlund could be better at it despite his age. However it is as much about strength as intelligence so he should naturally improve with games.
French league wasn't (and still isn't)of the same quality of the PL but the CF physical play is still needed there because it's a very physical league

All round game was good and a delightful finish.

Needs to put this sort of performance in more often. Potential is there for him to be a really good striker.