Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get Sterling in for Sancho, and it's not costing us anymore than what we'd be paying for Sancho it's a no brainer.

I'm not Sterlings biggest fan but Sancho isn't going to play/contribute anyway.

Very true, however looks to be Arsenal or nowhere

Not sure why we and Arsenal want to solve Chelsea’s problems. Let them deal with having an inflated squad thereby making them of a challenge to deal with. We’ll find it easier to send Sancho elsewhere for his annual loan holiday
Back up options.

He's worked with Arteta before and credited him with his best seasons at City, known to be a good to decent player in the league, knows the system we play well from his City days. If can get on the cheap it makes sense for us. The cheap bit being very important.

Sancho was a non entity for the last two seasons for us. Replacing him with Sterling in principle seems like an upgrade (as we would be reducing the wages and increasing output / option).

Im also good with us selling Sancho, and not bringing in somebody because as said, its not like were losing an option there. and it gives us time to get a proper replacement in the next window or two.

Still think we should take him on loan if we do sell Sancho. A permanent transfer would obviously be ridiculous, but a loan gives us 12 months to identity long term replacements for Sancho & Antony next summer.

Still think we should take him on loan if we do sell Sancho. A permanent transfer would obviously be ridiculous, but a loan gives us 12 months to identity long term replacements for Sancho & Antony next summer.

Wouldnt we have to pay all of his current 325k per week wages if we did that though?

We don’t need Sterling while we have prolific goal machines Rashford & Antony.

Great deal for Arsenal if they can get him in. Backup on both wings and a great starter when needed.

Good enough for Title challenging Arsenal but not good enough for Man Utd.

CAF logic never fails.

To be fair at the start I thought we'd take him permanently which I was against, I'd definetly take him on a year loan. We're light on wingers - Rashford out form, Antony..no words, Amad still inexperienced. Currently, I question if we have a top 4 attacking force

To be fair at the start I thought we'd take him permanently which I was against, I'd definetly take him on a year loan. We're light on wingers - Rashford out form, Antony..no words, Amad still inexperienced. Currently, I question if we have a top 4 attacking force

Yeah surprised we didn't propose loan offer

I think he has more to offer than Anthony and is well seasoned in the PL. Long term I'm not sure but I think for a season or two he can contribute a lot.

I think he has more to offer than Anthony and is well seasoned in the PL. Long term I'm not sure but I think for a season or two he can contribute a lot.

Irrelevant now as Arsenal bound, concerned about our lack of quality in attack and depth in midfield

Boyhood United fan plays for every single one of our rivals.

Will end his career in Leeds

As long as it's a loan, then this is a fantastic deal for arsenal imo. Great depth that can play all over the front three. And he gets in positions to score goals. Let's do it.

This is the only reason I’d accept Sterling on loan. Somebody to put in front of Antony to show him he’s not playing for us again and needs to find a new club. The loan fee would be worth it alone if it means I don’t have to watch Antony in a United shirt again.

For some reason, Arteta and Arsenal are after this "horrendous" and "awful" football player. He is good enough for them, but not good enough for 8th placed team last season. Right, because we're stacked with Rashford, Antony and two youngsters where one is having his first PL season. Looking bright in attack, lads. I'll be sure to remind some of you of your posts ;)

Good enough for Title challenging Arsenal but not good enough for Man Utd.

CAF logic never fails.
Arsenal aren’t reeeeaallly challenging for the title are they? I mean… it’s Arsenal - the perennial runners up.

Secondly you are supposed to have higher standards to hold your own team to than rivals, it’s how football fandom works.

Also they have plenty of players who wouldn’t be good enough to play for United.

Your post is a cheap and pointless dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.