Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still maintain this will be the case. He’ll be Saka’s deputy.

Martinelli/Trossard
Saka/Sterling

Great depth experience and quality.

Backing myself to be correct here.

He’s clearly not done yet. My initial reaction to the links was the same as most, but as soon as I did my homework I did a complete 180 and it looks like I was right.

Sterling would not be taken on by Arsenal unless he had something to offer.

Well well well…

You alright fella?

Another odd transfer. Can’t see anything other than a lot of frustration for Arsenal fans.

Liverpool, City, Chelsea, flirting with United and now Arsenal. Raheem you player.

Another odd transfer. Can’t see anything other than a lot of frustration for Arsenal fans.

Liverpool, City, Chelsea, flirting with United and now Arsenal. Raheem you player.

I’m confused you think United selling Sancho to a rival is strengthening them, but not Sterling to Arsenal, despite Sterling being a miles better player.

Chelsea aren't really our rivals in the league right now

Any major club is going to be your rival. The biggest mistake you can make is labouring under the assumption that because you've secured second place twice that it follows that you're definitely going to be in the top two again.

But history shows that most teams who finish in the top two in consecutive years generally don't sustain it, or have an anomalous season performing lower than their expectations.

Romano live-streaming "here we go" for Sterling's loan move documents being frantically signed by Arsenal in last minutes of the deadline.

Chelsea to pay part of the salary :confused:

I’m confused you think United selling Sancho to a rival is strengthening them, but not Sterling to Arsenal, despite Sterling being a miles better player.
I think there’s a player in there with Sancho. I think Sterling is a player on the decline now. United did well not to sign him. You’re better off with the likes of Amad and Garnacho.

Good enough for Arsenal but not for us. We've left ourselves very short in attack for the season.

Let them have him, he's not as good as you think.
Amen

Arteta is losing it. Trying everything to fix the gap to the title: hiring pick pockets at a team dinner, signing "multiple title winner" Sterling as a mascot...

They will still bottle it, I am calling it :)

Last 10 years
We have 4 top finishes you have 5
We have 3 trophies you have 4

I get the rivalry but then there's delusion as if United have wiped the floor with us last 10 years. You haven't.

We've actually won 5 trophies. 10 years ago Man Utd were a much, much bigger club than Arsenal.

Nothings happened in the last 10 years to change that. Even in our worst period in decades we've still achieved more than Arsenal.

So what exactly is your point?

Well done to Arsenal, think this kind of transfer would've been good for us (same for Chiesa).

Hojlund
Zirkzee
Rashford
Garnacho
Amad
Antony
Obi Martin
Wheatley
Eriksen
Bruno
Mount

I think we might be alright.
Really scraping the barrel there. We didn't address our wide options at all, and going into the new season relying on Amad is suicide.

Really scraping the barrel there. We didn't address our wide options at all, and going into the new season relying on Amad is suicide.
Our wide options are grand. Rashford and Garnacho will be first choice when they are up to speed. Amad and Antony will be bench/rotation options.

I’d have loved another no.9 but we had other priorities this summer. Only 4 months to the next window if we need something more.

I wouldn't have hated him for a season on loan but not sure why some seem irritated that it didn't happen.

If a 29 year old Raheem Sterling from Chelsea is the answer then I'd be more worried about the question.

Thanks for the laugh :lol:

Someone’s enjoying a beverage or two on this Friday evening.

They are shite. Work in progress though.
Well aren’t we all a bunch of miserable Mary’s tonight. Who shat on your Chips?

Our forwards are young, explosive and exciting. Yes they might be inconsistent with it but we’ll have more great moments this season with the attacking players at our disposal.

Well aren’t we all a bunch of miserable Mary’s tonight. Who shat on your Chips?

Our forwards are young, explosive and exciting. Yes they might be inconsistent with it but we’ll have more great moments this season with the attacking players at our disposal.
Just telling it as it is. Amad and Garnacho are two decent young players. Antony and Rashford have proven they can't be trusted to perform consistently. Or at all in Antony's case.

Of course it’s different people posting but it’s hilarious how the narrative changes when a player is linked with United then when a rival team signs him.

Our wide options are grand. Rashford and Garnacho will be first choice when they are up to speed. Amad and Antony will be bench/rotation options.

I’d have loved another no.9 but we had other priorities this summer. Only 4 months to the next window if we need something more.
I thought you were joking in your other post but you're actually serious. Our wingers are what needs to be upgraded next summer. Rashford is just a nobody presently, Garnacho - although very talented and direct - has very poor decision making and his finishing is fairly average. Right now, he would be best as a sub, but given our alternatives, he needs to start. Amad is in his first PL season and is not ready to be a starter and Antony is.. not contributing offensively. All of our wingers except Amad are mediocre finishers and need 3-4 chances to score a goal. Not only are they poor in front of goal, they don't even create chances. They are very greedy and usually cut in to shoot and are so predictable that it is a joke to defend against.

Someone like Nico Williams or Kvaratskhelia are an absolute must next summer or we're still going to struggle to score goals and create chances.

How do you go from flirting with Man Utd as an ex Liverpool and City player to signing for Arsenal as a current Chelsea player.... this guys wild. There's no doubt in my mind he ends up with a season at Everton in his mid 30's. Crazier than Beardsley.

Hojlund
Zirkzee
Rashford
Garnacho
Amad
Antony
Obi Martin
Wheatley
Eriksen
Bruno
Mount

I think we might be alright.
If we get top 4 with those wingers and strikers then EtH has done well as I don't think we will, we move though. One can pray to ze gods that Rashy pulls a 25 goal season...

Eriksen though... ? I don't get this list

Can’t help but feel a one year loan would have been nice. But I guess the club didn’t want to stretch to his wages, which is definitely the sensible thing to do. Still, we’re lightweight in wide attacking areas so I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt us.

How do you go from flirting with Man Utd as an ex Liverpool and City player to signing for Arsenal as a current Chelsea player.... this guys wild. There's no doubt in my mind he ends up with a season at Everton in his mid 30's. Crazier than Beardsley.
Not just blondes that know how to have fun

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.