Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you read posts thoroughly before you reply to them.

You didn't list a single reason not to sign him other than "Chelsea fans don't like him, Southgate doesn't want him" and other pointless reasons like that.

You're also just making things up. Garnacho was played out of position? You mean on the right where he is better? I suggest you watch our games if you think otherwise. Not once did I say we should bench Garnacho.

I'm not saying Sterling is our saviour, but short term he can help us be better in attack, and we all know we're struggling offensively. If it was for money, then I would not be for this signing, but it helps us get rid of Sancho too. I actually find it hilarious how some posters - and yourself - in this thread are saying he is absolute garbage, yet he did better than all of our wingers in less playing time, and has excellent off-the-ball movement to make it easier for Bruno to create chances. What are our wingers if he is awful?
What i find absolutely hilarious is that all my reasons are perfectly valid e.g:

He;s 30 in 3 months - he's heavily reliant on pace which he's already lost a yard of will continue to deteriate - you would like us to sign a player on huge wages in the twighlight of his career who's shown absolutely nothing to warrant us signing him.

Somehow you think the majority of his own fans thinking he's terrible and being boo'd off the pitch means nothing.

You think him being dropped for the national team because he's been so bad for his club when he was one of Southgates golden boys - means nothing.

You think his club wanted to sell him because he's been so bad despite him being their marque signing - means nothing.

Did it ever occur to you that the above are because he's not very good at all anymore? If he was - he'd be in the england squad and he'd be the focal point of Chelsea's attack - instead they want him gone, so much so they will pay off his ridiculous contract.

This isn't "my opinion" - the above are facts. But apparently this is all meaningless to you, because the thing that really matters, is that he scored one more goal then our 20 year old winger on his break through season who was at times carrying our disjointed attack.

Like I said - maybe you should have watched him at Chelsea. These are some of the chances he missed last season most of them are on a plate - he looks slower and a shadow his former self, because guess what? He is and he's going to get absolutely slaughtered here, just like he did at Chelsea.

I for one cannot wait to see such clinical finishing at United.

Last edited:
What i find absolutely hilarious is that all my reasons are perfectly valid e.g:

He;s 30 in 3 months - he's heavily reliant on pace which he's already lost a yard of will continue to deteriate - you would like us to sign a player on huge wages in the twighlight of his career who's shown absolutely nothing to warrant us signing him.

Somehow you think the majority of his own fans thinking he's terrible and being boo'd off the pitch means nothing.

You think him being dropped for the national team because he's been so bad for his club when he was one of Southgates golden boys - means nothing.

You think his club wanted to sell him because he's been so bad despite him being their marque signing - means nothing.

Did it ever occur to you that the above are because he's not very good at all anymore? If he was - he'd be in the england squad and he'd be the focal point of Chelsea's attack - instead they want him gone, so much so they will pay off his ridiculous contract.

This isn't "my opinion" - the above are facts. But apparently this is all meaningless to you, because the thing that really matters, is that he scored one more goal then our 20 year old winger on his break through season who was at times carrying our disjointed attack.

Like I said - maybe you should have watched him at Chelsea. These are some of the chances he missed last season most of them are on a plate - he looks slower and a shadow his former self, because guess what? He is and he's going to get absolutely slaughtered here, just like he did at Chelsea.

Even though those are missed chances, the fact that there is 8 minutes of him constantly getting into great positions and beating defenders is a little bit impressive. Can't remember any of our wingers even coming close to those positions lately.

But I do agree he has lost a half step since last season. Still would be better than anything we currently have on the right wing.

No one was underrating him at City. He had three monstrous years there.

Yeah I think people's concern is that he was younger then and were his numbers just down to the quality of service from that midfield

Sorry if Chelsea fan's opinions mean less to you than most of redcafe who have never watched him for chelsea.

I mean what do you want? If your counter argument is "no one who posts online's opinion is valid" then i hate to break to you where you're currently arguing.

This isn't a small subset of fans - this is 90% of posts about him saying he's useless. I mean just how much proof do you want? Watch him play - he's done, his fans say he's done, his international manager thinks he's done, his club manager thinks he's done - so much so he's been removed from the first team. The club will pay him to leave. Yet you know better? Based on...?

No one has a good word to say about him on the chelsea sub - he's boo'd off by his own fans at the ground, his stats are awful and he's reliant on pace on huge wages at 29 where he's about to decline in speed. Sounds like the ideal winger for the Woodward era. Not now, not ever.
Yet managed over 30 appearances each season, almost like the manager who sees him every day rated him....

Marescas hand is forced here, they need Sterling out due to his wages, not because he's a terrible player. This is a player who was actively involved in the pre season games.

The fact that people have to resort to emotional fans opinions on message boards online to try and back up their opinion isn't the strongest of arguments is it....

If he goes to Arsenal and does well they’ll be a lot of bad takes to sift through here.

If he goes to Arsenal and does well they’ll be a lot of bad takes to sift through here.
For a last minute esoteric and wonky deal cooked up by Chelsea.
If it was a simple offer to loan with some financial conditions attached it would have been a lot easier to decide on it.

For a last minute esoteric and wonky deal cooked up by Chelsea.
If it was a simple offer to loan with some financial conditions attached it would have been a lot easier to decide on it.
Who knows?

We have to see where he ends up. But if he goes to Arsenal I think it pushes them closer to a title.

I can see him or Chilwell being brought in on loan before the deadline. Chelsea are going to become increasingly desperate to get rid of them and may well compromise. Same can be said for us and Sancho I suppose.

I think we should to get a good youngster or two form Chelsea if it’s a permanent deal but it’s really important Sancho goes and Sterling would be an upgrade on Antony. Don’t see how finances stack up though unless Sterling writes off millions or we panic and pay him too much.

Eh? Where does that say “it’s his dream”?

Although to be fair, as I posted to you earlier, his representatives are likely telling every potential club it’d be a dream for him to play there. Getting out of Chelsea is currently the dream and they are likely desperate.
Pedant much? You laughed at the source about this rumour and it blew up right in your face. Just put your hands up, give him the credit, take the L and move on. No need to double down. Happens to the best of us.

Looks to me like most people here realize he used to be quite a player but they are alarmed he could experience a precipitous drop in ability, like our own Casemiro has done. Beyond that, his output was better than our wings last season, but not a lot better. Garnacho and Amad can improve with game time, Sterling is already past his peak.

I'd rather watch one of the players we already have miss sitters and score the odd 1-in-5 chances goals than watch Sterling do it. I don't like him, so I hope he doesn't come to United. We also wouldn't be tied to a long contract with an exorbitant weekly wage packet in that case.

Pedant much? You laughed at the source about this rumour and it blew up right in your face. Just put your hands up, give him the credit, take the L and move on. No need to double down. Happens to the best of us.

Get your facts right first, I laughed the Arsenal fan source stating:

“His dream is apparently to play for Arsenal and is willing to take a huge paycut to make it happen”.

This was the part of the claim I found funny, because an Arsenal fan run itk twitter is claiming it’s Sterlings dream to play for them, so much so he’ll even take a huge pay cut.
You don’t honestly think I found it funny that he’s been offered to Arsenal? Of course he’s been offered to Arsenal man.
His agents are offering him out everywhere I imagine.

Last edited:
Who knows?

We have to see where he ends up. But if he goes to Arsenal I think it pushes them closer to a title.
The problem here, and with every other club, is that nobody will pay his wages and Chelsea can’t afford to pay him off even if they offered to sell him for a bag of crisps. I’ve no doubt that he’d still be a useful player for a top team, but they’ve got themselves in the same position as us with Sancho.

Looks to me like most people here realize he used to be quite a player but they are alarmed he could experience a precipitous drop in ability, like our own Casemiro has done. Beyond that, his output was better than our wings last season, but not a lot better. Garnacho and Amad can improve with game time, Sterling is already past his peak.

I'd rather watch one of the players we already have miss sitters and score the odd 1-in-5 chances goals than watch Sterling do it. I don't like him, so I hope he doesn't come to United. We also wouldn't be tied to a long contract with an exorbitant weekly wage packet in that case.
I’m not fussed about having him one way or another.

But many completely writing him off which if he moves to Arsenal should be a clear sign he’s not done yet.

I have no idea where the idea of a high wage long contract has come from but I’ve not seen any source of repute suggest that would be the case.

Just popped in to see where Sterling was going this hour. Thought it might be Newcastle's turn but looks like it's still Arsenal. Plenty of time for a late Bayern bid as he's undoubtedly always dreamt of playing alongside Kane at club level.

He is better than our wingers. What is so difficult to grasp? Have you seen Garnacho's finishing? It certainly isn't better, and his decision making is truly terrible. If he is to be a starter in this team, there are a lot of aspects he needs to improve.

It seems Arteta rates Sterling as well, you know, one of the best managers in the PL at the moment who has built an incredible squad. But I guess you know better because your Chelsea mate from work said he is shit!

It's not just that he scored one more goal than Garnacho, he did it in much fewer minutes. So if we can get Sterling on left and Garnacho on the right where he is better, then our attack will score more goals than we currently do, and that is crucial if we want to be top 4 this year. And to me, he doesn't look slow at all. Slower, yeah, but still quicker than most defenders and he has quick feet as well to do feigns. You are overexaggerating here and acting as if he is a League One player.

You know he is second highest goal scoring winger in PL history, so he can't be that bad.

If he goes to Arsenal and does well, can just see this place moaning why we didn’t get him

If he goes to Arsenal and does well, can just see this place moaning why we didn’t get him

Nah then it's their reward for taking the big risk, he is almost 30 and on big wages. I would rather him go elsewhere and have the possibility of performing well, there is a chance he does but also a big chance he doesn't.

I apologise if this has been posted already but I missed this yesterday

This is your original post. Where does it say you were laughing at what you are claiming?

I mean, it’s pretty obvious right?

I even joked that it came from “Arsenal insiders”.
Unless of course you think I find it laughable that Sterling’s agents are offering him around a day before deadline day to anyone who will listen ? Only a fecking moron would think otherwise, he has to get out of Chelsea, so his agents will be working around the clock contacting everyone to try and find him a solution.

We'll naturally be annoyed that the one time we made what seemed like a sensible decision, another club profited greatly off it. Besides, so what if he succeeded at a smaller club? Would say nothing about how he'd have done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.