Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise if this has been posted already but I missed this yesterday

Any potential suitor is gonna cap his wages at 200k max, Chelsea surely know this so it’ll be an interesting game between them and the player tomorrow to see who blinks first.

Can also imagine no top club is gonna be promising him to be a certain starter, he’ll simply be a part of the squad and will be selected on merit, so it’s just a nothing story.

I apologise if this has been posted already but I missed this yesterday

Even if it is true that he agreed to salary cap and being a bench player, still nothing stops him from stinking up the dressing room.

Also, if we are able to do shit like this, we would be much better off getting such deal from Rabiot. With Mount injury woes becoming clear, Mainoo having no good backups and Casemiro being an old man walking across the pitch (meaning Ugarte will also need some coverage), signing a versatile midfielder such as Rabiot for the right deal is starting to sound like seizing a necessary short-term opportunity, until we can put longer term fixes in future transfer windows

1. Sign Rabiot for 200K/week at most
2. For two years plus one year extension
3. Put severe ethics clauses in his contract so we can terminate his cotract if he starts talking shit publicly about the club or the manager

I could actually see Sterling doing pretty well here. Don't really want us to be the ones helping Chelsea dig themselves out of a hole mind

I could actually see Sterling doing pretty well here. Don't really want us to be the ones helping Chelsea dig themselves out of a hole mind

I think he could too, sounds closer to Arsenal but guess we will see what happens tomorrow

If they pay us a fee for Sancho and we get Sterling on a free on very reasonable wages (nothing close to the rumoured 200k per week) then I'll take it. Otherwise hard pass.

I think he could too, sounds closer to Arsenal but guess we will see what happens tomorrow

Does he? Doesn’t sound close to anywhere to me, sounds like his agents are desperately seeking out suitors and are reliant on some extremely sticky points, such as Sancho, Chelsea’s willingness to compensate, the players willingness to reduce his wage etc.

I guess Chelsea may eventually win this one as he seems desperate to get out so may well forfeit his wages to get a move.

They need to get real about the terms of the swap though. Sterling is over 5 years older and is on even bigger wages. So the swap has to be hugely in our favour.
Not when we are also in the same boat. Both players are not wanted by their teams.

Reports saying Sancho to Juve not looking likely. What do we think about the swap deal going through in 24 hours?

Sterling clearly needs to leave Chelsea after Marescas comments so surely he’ll be off somewhere tomorrow right? Is there any other clubs even interested

Reports saying Sancho to Juve not looking likely. What do we think about the swap deal going through in 24 hours?

Sterling clearly needs to leave Chelsea after Marescas comments so surely he’ll be off somewhere tomorrow right? Is there any other clubs even interested

Arsenal

I’m not fussed about having him one way or another.

But many completely writing him off which if he moves to Arsenal should be a clear sign he’s not done yet.

I have no idea where the idea of a high wage long contract has come from but I’ve not seen any source of repute suggest that would be the case.
Chelsea owe him £70m over the remainder of his deal. They will either be making a massive pay out to him, or they are going to expect the "buying" club to do it. He has 3 years left on his Chelsea contract, so would he not want a similar contract here?

Even if capped at £200k per week, only Casemiro, Rashford, Mount, Sancho, Bruno will make more, Antony an equal amount, and he will be getting more than Maguire (£189K), Eriksen (£150K), Shaw (£150K), Lindeof (£120K), Martinez (£120K), Onana (£120K), Yoro (£115K), Zirkzee (£105K), Dalot (£85k), Hojlund (£85K), Garnacho (£50K), Diallo (£29K), Mainoo (£20K) - as a squad player. I believe that will upset the dressing room.

(assuming the figures from Sportrac are correct)

The idea that Arsenal could buy Sterling, giving Chelsea the money to buy Sancho is just too perfect to be true surely?

Madness, have we learnt nothing??
Whilst I tend to agree, we have young wide players and strikers and Marcus at 26 can not lead the strikers, the key word here is capped which suggests more likely £150k basic and £50k potential goal and assist bonuses, he on £325k at Chelsea if agreed to that sum I think that’s more than reasonable, however I’m not convinced we get an Elite Raheem but instead one in rapid decline, if he goes to Arsenal, they won’t offer any more as they already have Jesus on £265k per week, Saka on 300k per week, Odegard on £240k per week, Martenli £180k and Kai Havertz on £280k per week and L Trossard on 90/100k per week, just don’t see where he fits in at Arsenal apart from their Manager knows him very well.

Raheem would definitely back himself against Rashford, Garnaucho, Amad and Antony to soon become the first or second pick, I’m not so sure he would get a look in at Arsenal?

I actually couldn't believe that Raheem Sterling is on £300k+ a week at Chelsea... Mind blown. I suppose he can back things up with it probably being expected to be his last huge contract at the time and his stats are in the top 5 for Goals/Assists in the Premier League since his debut. But still... I just never saw him as the world star that could get that kind of contract. Although, it's the same with Rashford and Sancho.

I don't see a world where Sterling comes to Man Utd and accepts sub-£200k, which I think is what a lot of fans would hope we'd pay a 29-30 year old player under this new regime who isn't expected to be one of our top 3 players in the squad.

I'm sure there's far more to it and the club might have a long-term strategy in place where Sterling on £200k+ makes sense on a 2+1 deal or something... If we get rid of Sancho then he's basically just replacing that salary cost and would contribute considerably more. So, it could be worth it but these kind of deals are the ones that I think have a huge risk in terms of what we might be able to do for the squad in the future. We could probably buy 2-3 younger players for what it would cost to do the Sterling deal which seems like the better choice.

Chelsea will likely need to pay off Sterling to some degree given his contract is until 2027 and huge, but that will mean they expect the new suiters to pay a reasonable transfer fee probably in the region of £25-40m. I just don't see anyone doing that unless he's interested in going to a Saudi club. It's a mess. But the manager has said he will not play. You cannot have a player on that much money who will simply not be selected, surely?

Chelsea owe him £70m over the remainder of his deal. They will either be making a massive pay out to him, or they are going to expect the "buying" club to do it. He has 3 years left on his Chelsea contract, so would he not want a similar contract here?

Even if capped at £200k per week, only Casemiro, Rashford, Mount, Sancho, Bruno will make more, Antony an equal amount, and he will be getting more than Maguire (£189K), Eriksen (£150K), Shaw (£150K), Lindeof (£120K), Martinez (£120K), Onana (£120K), Yoro (£115K), Zirkzee (£105K), Dalot (£85k), Hojlund (£85K), Garnacho (£50K), Diallo (£29K), Mainoo (£20K) - as a squad player. I believe that will upset the dressing room.

(assuming the figures from Sportrac are correct)
Chelsea will have to pay out then, like we did for Wan Bissaka.

I refuse to believe that a negotiation team who has thus far been incredibly sensible and gotten deals for good fees on favourable terms, whilst reducing the wage bill and moving on those surplus to requirements, will suddenly rip all that up and offer over the odds wages, buy out his contract and or offer a longer term deal too.

If we go for it, it will be a squad role, reduced wages and maybe 2 year deal with option of a third. Theres been reports of £150k too so it really depends on where it would land.

Again I'm not overly bothered by this one way or another but I can see why it makes sense to shift Sancho and bring in someone who might meaningfully contribute in the short term if the money makes sense and I fully trust the club for once to not get silly here.

Chelsea will have to pay out then, like we did for Wan Bissaka.

I refuse to believe that a negotiation team who has thus far been incredibly sensible and gotten deals for good fees on favourable terms, whilst reducing the wage bill and moving on those surplus to requirements, will suddenly rip all that up and offer over the odds wages, buy out his contract and or offer a longer term deal too.

If we go for it, it will be a squad role, reduced wages and maybe 2 year deal with option of a third. Theres been reports of £150k too so it really depends on where it would land.

Again I'm not overly bothered by this one way or another but I can see why it makes sense to shift Sancho and bring in someone who might meaningfully contribute in the short term if the money makes sense and I fully trust the club for once to not get silly here.

Ashworth supposedly was interested in the idea, however that never came from reliable source which says to me he will join Arsenal

Not sure why we and Arsenal want to solve Chelsea’s problems. Let them deal with having an inflated squad thereby making them of a challenge to deal with. We’ll find it easier to send Sancho elsewhere for his annual loan holiday

If we can get Sterling in for Sancho, and it's not costing us anymore than what we'd be paying for Sancho it's a no brainer.

I'm not Sterlings biggest fan but Sancho isn't going to play/contribute anyway.

If Sancho does go we could do with Sterling as we struggle to score goals, need options.

Arsenal have Martinelli and Trossard for left side and Saka on right. They seem to score and assists goals all the time.

We have Rashford, Garnacho, Amad and Antony.

Apart from Garnacho them options are not great.

If Sancho does go we could do with Sterling as we struggle to score goals, need options.

Arsenal have Martinelli and Trossard for left side and Saka on right. They seem to score and assists goals all the time.

We have Rashford, Garnacho, Amad and Antony.

Apart from Garnacho them options are not great.

Sterling isn't the answer, getting Sancho out and a replacement in is, but the replacement should not be Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.