Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Anyone else fascinated and transfixed by watching the live stream of the Queen lying in state.

It's like legitimately staring at people in a train station or airport but being able to do it without fear of a restraining order.

Some right proper strange characters.

More not appropriate to use the term ‘mental’ in a derogatory way. Although people have traveled from around the world to attend.

As someone with lived experience of - plus years of working to support those with - mental health issues, I feel very comfortable stating that those queues are mental, the divine right of kings is mental, and the voting habits and cultural attitudes of the English people as a whole are f*cking mental.

This winds me right up. Irresponsible people putting the NHS under extra stress for unnecessary reasons. They should not be let anywhere near the queues if they have health concerns. The waiting time now is 24 hours. Why join if your health is at risk?

do they get to rejoin the queue at the same place afterwards or do they have to queue from scratch?

As someone with lived experience of - plus years of working to support those with - mental health issues, I feel very comfortable stating that those queues are mental, the divine right of kings is mental, and the voting habits and cultural attitudes of the English people as a whole are f*cking mental.
Yeah not every cnut works mental health is a Saint, your post shows that..

Yeah not every cnut works mental health is a Saint, your post shows that..

What does that have to do with anything? If I lived through it myself and spent years supporting people with it (for f*ck all pay through a pandemic) who are you to tell me I can’t say something is mental?

Away and join the queue

Not really an appropriate comment
Again not really appropriate. Thought people knew better these days to make light of mental health issues.
More not appropriate to use the term ‘mental’ in a derogatory way. Although people have traveled from around the world to attend.

Weaker trolling than usual.

You would have all gone mental at Conte

He left all he new signings on the bench the first few games then gradually began to integrate them.

If FDJ situation changes and he becomes available United will go for him.

You’re mental if you think they won’t.

The Caf is mental. Don’t try and understand some of them.

They will be pessimistic about every single thing trust me. They’ll also be the first to complain when we have Fred and Mctominay and come out with ‘the club is finished’

Although personally I wouldn't queue for 10 minutes for this, it's certainly not an English thing. There are people there from all over the UK and from all over the world.

It's obviously important to a lot of folk.

I've actually stemmed the flow of visitors from Wales tbf. I'm patrolling the border and when I see anyone travelling to pay their respects, I shove a giant portrait of Big Nev in their face and say "there's the only Queen you need" and they usually back down and head back. I'm doing my part.

Although personally I wouldn't queue for 10 minutes for this, it's certainly not an English thing. There are people there from all over the UK and from all over the world.

It's obviously important to a lot of folk.

90% of the UK population are from England plus most of them live nearer. There may be some from abroad but if less than at least 95% of that queue is from England I'd be astounded.

Anyone else fascinated and transfixed by watching the live stream of the Queen lying in state.

It's like legitimately staring at people in a train station or airport but being able to do it without fear of a restraining order.

Some right proper strange characters.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0936464/

you'll enjoy wiseman's work if you find this interesting. i'd begin with city hall or ex libris if you haven't gone through his stuff before because they're easily the most accessible of his films. but all of his films are great and national gallery captures this kind of crowd moving theme particularly well. the people in wiseman's documentaries are moving through buildings that have a functional use to them, generally being the living organs of a society, but a similar sort of thing.

It’s funny from the outside looking in

In Ireland just on radio and social media etc… I mean we get it. But I don’t think any of us thought it would be as odd as it’s been

I wonder will a few English folk look back in a few months and think, was it all a tad too much?

It was far too much on the day she died and it has only got worse.

How do you know that? The live feed was cut off seconds before the incident happened.

Because I saw the video which now seems to have been deleted, oddly enough. Sure it's on the net somewhere.

Another clue - the live feed was cut off before it happened - mmm, let me think about that one.

Last edited:
Queuing up for several hours to see a coffin / dead body is pure madness.

And it's not even someone like Roger Federer we're talking about!

It is, but it's also not been a thing since the 1600s, even if the last week has made some question that.