Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Please, this cannot be allowed here. For gods sake someone has passed away (possibly that guard) , this is not right mods. I know this poster has a longstanding history here, but this is not right. I can't be the only one that thinks this?

The irony is so strong in here I’m starting to think it’s a parody thread.

It seems many here are more obsessed than those who have queued up for 40 hours to walk past the coffin.

It seems many here are more obsessed than those who have queued up for 40 hours to walk past the coffin.
No those who travelled from far and wide to see a coffin are definitely more obsessed than those who sit on their arse.

No those who travelled from far and wide to see a coffin are definitely more obsessed than those who sit on their arse.

I did think that but was surprised to check back in here and see the same people continuing to complain, moan and insult for days on end. Even watching the live stream themselves. It’s all just a bit weird.

Think you might need to rethink your logic there.

8tdUfxZ.gif

I did think that but was surprised to check back in here and see the same people continuing to complain, moan and insult for days on end. Even watching the live stream themselves. It’s all just a bit weird.
You've just described the United forum for the last 9 years.

A representative of the portuguese monarchy was on tv saying this is the beginning of people in europe waking up about the need for monarchy and he expects a lot of republics to return to monarchies in the next few years :lol:

A representative of the portuguese monarchy was on tv saying this is the beginning of people in europe waking up about the need for monarchy and he expects a lot of republics to return to monarchies in the next few years :lol:
I want whatever he's smoking.

This country is mental. It is falling apart at the seams but the biggest transport hub we have is prepared to cancel over 100 flights so the fecking sky is quiet for the funeral. People are losing their minds over this whole thing.

Dont know what to say to that.
People are fecking mental

To be fair to them, it's not the first time Royal Guards have collapsed on duty. They're hardcore.

This country is mental. It is falling apart at the seams but the biggest transport hub we have is prepared to cancel over 100 flights so the fecking sky is quiet for the funeral. People are losing their minds over this whole thing.

To be fair to them, it's not the first time Royal Guards have collapsed on duty. They're hardcore.

Irony is there will be numerous police and military planes in the air at that very same time.

Been in London for a couple of days (not Queen related) and it is absolute madness. The queues at Trafalgar Square down to Buckingham Palace were crazy to drop some flowers off. Popped in a pub this afternoon and the women on the next table were sobbing about seeing the coffin and are heading back tomorrow for a 2nd viewing.

I'm assuming the body is actually in the coffin, surely can't be good for it to be 'sitting' at room temperature for so long due to the long queues?

I'm assuming the body is actually in the coffin, surely can't be good for it to be 'sitting' at room temperature for so long due to the long queues?
Apparently if you are not having an open casket embalming the body means it is still 'good' (what I read) for up to two weeks. So I don't think there are any plans for her to do anything following the funeral, open a bridge or factory etc, so it sounds like it'll stand up to a bit of room temperature ok.

The con is the body isn't in the coffin at all and got switched at some point.

This whole scenario is utterly bonkers, it goes to show how mentally fragile we are as a country when we lose our shit about a 96 year old dying for 10 fecking days. Normal people celebrate a persons life when they live that long.

The con is the body isn't in the coffin at all and got switched at some point.

This whole scenario is utterly bonkers, it goes to show how mentally fragile we are as a country when we lose our shit about a 96 year old dying for 10 fecking days. Normal people celebrate a persons life when they live that long.

But this wasn't a normal woman? She descended from the heavens like the first fall of sleet after a vicious thunderstorm and then died for our sins

Last edited:
When my mother died I wanted to keep her in her own bed until the funeral (she was downstairs with double doors that opened fully onto the garden), so we had her body embalmed at home. A surreal experience, I can tell you. The Queen will have been embalmed very quickly, I would imagine. She's also inside a double coffin with the inner one covered in lead, so the body is very well-protected.

The Italians have the right idea, the body stays at home or is taken home, the funeral is the very next day.