Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Everytime I put on the livestream and see someone bow it pains me.
It angers me that we still bow (not to mention not being allowed to speak first) to someone based purely on who they are related to. Utterly ****ing disgusting. Yet so many people ****ing worship them.

May she RIP but I'm very happy to see how many English people are against monarchy and the immorality of it.

Where were you guys and girls during the UK suicide manifesto of brexit? No offence but feck the anti monarchy fight and instead focus your energy in getting back to Europe.

Apparently he started queuing at 2am and has been in the queue for over 12 hours. Also brought people near him donuts.

He looks like a real Englishman there.

I get being there an all, but that clip alone, shows all the fake bs that the English monarchy and "traditions" have become, He is a fecking footballer acting like a war seasoned general.

Still love the guy!

I get being there an all, but that clip alone, shows all the fake bs that the English monarchy and "traditions" have become, He is a fecking footballer acting like a war seasoned general.

Still love the guy!
Thought it was a fecking lookalike at first :lol:

Still love the guy!

Well that's Becks for you.

He has this really funny way of dressing for the occasion. So he's kind of always in fancy dress.

Office Becks
Country Becks
Retired General Becks
Gig Becks

Etc etc

Annoyingly he wears it all really well. As odd as it is.

May she RIP but I'm very happy to see how many English people are against monarchy and the immorality of it.

Where were you guys and girls during the UK suicide manifesto of brexit? No offence but feck the anti monarchy fight and instead focus your energy in getting back to Europe.
Famously, no one voted against Brexit or the Tory party in the last 6 years.

I already despise Philip Schofield and now the cnut has been caught skipping the 10 hour queue.

I already despise Philip Schofield and now the cnut has been caught skipping the 10 hour queue.

I'm so glad people are coming around to fact that this guy is a fecking bellend (not you, I've just seen a few more people start to call him out on stuff recently).

I'm so glad people are coming around to fact that this guy is a fecking bellend (not you, I've just seen a few more people start to call him out on stuff recently).

The whole stuff surrounding him coming out was very weird and wrong.

It will do his brand no harm at all

To be fair before Beckham was a mega brand I remember going to one of those pre-season open training sessions at the cliff. Afterwards they put up the barriers and fans could wait for autographs most players signed a handful and left but Beckham, Cantona and I think it was Michael Clegg stayed until they signed for everyone so I think there has always some earnestness in him wanting not to upset people.

Some 435 people have fallen ill and been treated by the London Ambulance Service and other similar organisations while in, or near, the queue to see the Queen lying in state.

The most common reason for needing help was fainting or collapsing, with some people injuring their heads. Around 40 patients were taken to hospital, according to the NHS.

The London Ambulance Service (LAS) says people should ensure they bring any regular medication and appropriate clothing while waiting in line.

The service is urging people to follow advice on the government website, and to drink plenty of water and to eat regularly.

LAS officials anticipate increased demand over the next few days and have put 300 extra staff in place to help on the day of the state funeral. This will include paramedics in crowded areas and extra staff in control rooms.

People are being advised to only ring 999 for serious emergencies.

This winds me right up. Irresponsible people putting the NHS under extra stress for unnecessary reasons. They should not be let anywhere near the queues if they have health concerns. The waiting time now is 24 hours. Why join if your health is at risk?

English people!
It’s funny from the outside looking in

In Ireland just on radio and social media etc… I mean we get it. But I don’t think any of us thought it would be as odd as it’s been

I wonder will a few English folk look back in a few months and think, was it all a tad too much?

Fair play to Becks for that. Regardless of whether you see it as cynical or not, he’s still gotta stand there for 13 hours which is no easy task for anyone plus he’s probably had to engage in small talk with everyone around him for the entirety of that time.

In Ireland just on radio and social media etc… I mean we get it. But I don’t think any of us thought it would be as odd as it’s been

I wonder will a few English folk look back in a few months and think, was it all a tad too much?

If I know English people, and sadly I do, they will spend the next few decades talking about how moving the big queue was, how it represented the best of Britain - and the Anglo centric media will act assume the rest of us want to watch all the retrospective documentaries.

Well that's Becks for you.

He has this really funny way of dressing for the occasion. So he's kind of always in fancy dress.

Office Becks
Country Becks
Retired General Becks
Gig Becks

Etc etc

Annoyingly he wears it all really well. As odd as it is.

He’s just a well dressed guy. That’s what you do.

English people!

If I know English people, and sadly I do, they will spend the next few decades talking about how moving the big queue was, how it represented the best of Britain - and the Anglo centric media will act assume the rest of us want to watch all the retrospective documentaries.

It’s British by the way.

Population is about 67m. I think 400k have gone to see The Queen lying in state.

Talk about generalising an entire population.

Even if people do want to go, so what? People here are complaining about it but watching on live stream ffs :lol:

I see the thread overtaken again by people who begrudge other people paying respects to someone they have looked up to all their life. Even enjoying Christmas Dinner with her on the box.

Let them enjoy it I say. Rule Britannia.

I see the thread overtaken again by people who begrudge other people paying respects to someone they have looked up to all their life. Even enjoying Christmas Dinner with her on the box.

Let them enjoy it I say. Rule Britannia.

I know the queue is long but taking their Xmas dinner with them sounds a bit extreme.