Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

The man’s mother died a handful of days previously and he’s been non stop travelling and taking part in other ceremonial nonsenses. His head must be all over the place.

The real issue is as you then start with this being made public. His reaction is understandable in his situation.

I think it is more, for many at least, that it confirms an already held opinion, that he is a stroppy, massively privileged, arrogant man-child.

I wonder what percentage of the population is apathetic. Surely the younger generations don't give a toss.

Yeah but the whole country is in mourning.

I'm 58 and I don't give a toss. Well I do in that I'm sick to death of the almost 24/7 rolling coverage that amounts to nothing more than "The Queen is still dead and a bit closer to London" - even here in Australia - feck knows how bad it must be in the UK.

If you really have to be ruled by toffs who inherited power you could do worse that QE2 (and we now have) but I didn't know her and I have no affection for the institution, so all these people in the street who also didn't know here saying seeing her coffin pass is the greatest day of their lives seems utterly batshit crazy.

How often do the guards change? They do also have to be perfectly still? I know it’s tradition etc… but it doesn’t seem very fun working conditions

How often do the guards change? They do also have to be perfectly still? I know it’s tradition etc… but it doesn’t seem very fun working conditions
They change every 20 minutes ….perhaps doesn’t sound very long but try standing perfectly still for that length of time.

How are people subjected to this shit in 2022. Whys there even a live stream? Genuine question how legal is this love stream? Nothing during this period surprises me anymore.
Love stream is a nicer name for it.

It goes on for a couple of miles but apparently it’s moving quickly. Diversions are fecked though took me close to an hour to travel 3 miles.

Yeah it is. At the southbank there is pretty much the amount of people that you’d expect to see there but instead they’re forming a queue. It was moving quite quickly though.

Just seen a man arrested outside a Chinese restaurant for not respecting the Queen. It took a few of them to get him into the car but one of the officers knew his judo well.

Its utterly astonishing what people are willing to do.

Personally I couldnt bow to anyone. I dont stand in queues for anything if there is more than 5 people in it and I 1000% wouldn't queue for a day and a half to walk by a coffin - even if my own Mother was in it.

I just saw a man getting arrested outside a record shop saying ‘feck Queen have you heard this Alice Cooper album’.

Why would the live stream be illegal?
GDPR. This stream is arguably CCTV being broadcasted nationally.
Jeez. Everyone in here sneering at people getting up off their backsides and actually doing something for a change :wenger:

Bet you've never queued for anything in your lives!
Not for 30 odd hours I haven't.

Yeah it is. At the southbank there is pretty much the amount of people that you’d expect to see there but instead they’re forming a queue. It was moving quite quickly though.
There is nothing illegal about being filmed in public. Following someone down the street would be a different matter but standing still filming an area with people passing by is perfect lawful.

Lord Firebrand also has a questionable past which is why he's not wearing his uniform for the ceremony.

Lord Firebrand second cousin fecked up a polo shot that Charles took 20 years ago, to this day......they are not on speaking terms.

So now you know . Royal watchers

This fecker has nothing on Brigadier Sir Nils Olav III.

1920px-Nils_Olav_inspects_the_Kings_Guard_of_Norway_after_being_bestowed_with_a_knighthood_at_Edinburgh_Zoo_in_Scotland.jpg

Possibly because there are close-ups of members of the public? I can't see it would be an issue as they've chosen to be there. If you've queued up for hours, you're probably pleased to be seen.
GDPR. This stream is arguably CCTV being broadcasted nationally.
Ah, thank you for the info. It was something I was curious about, as public live streams of various famous places are something I’ve watched out of boredom before when stuck in a work meeting or the like.

Looking it up, it seems there’s exemptions to the UK GDPR and DPA that apply to journalism that I’m assuming apply here, as I’d expect the BBC to have cleared this in all the years of preparation they’ve had for this event…
https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organi...ata-protection-and-journalism-quick-guide.pdf

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisation...l-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/exemptions/

Jeez. Everyone in here sneering at people getting up off their backsides and actually doing something for a change :wenger:

Bet you've never queued for anything in your lives!
A lot of us are British, queuing is a national pastime, on the curriculum at lots of schools.

Queue now up to four miles. I’m never going to moan at “Its a small world” in EuroDisney again.