Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

It's still your mum, whatever age she is when she dies. I do have sympathy for that aspect of it all, it's never easy. As someone who lost both parents in my 30s, I always envied those who had decades more time with their folks - but it's still a deep loss.

Sorry to hear what you went through. I’ve friends who lost both parents and they say the second one is so much harder to take. Losing that final connection to your childhood. I don’t really want to start a pity party about an extremely privileged man but he lost both his parents in fairly quick succession. So his pain right now will be very real and acute.

Sorry to hear what you went through. I’ve friends who lost both parents and they say the second one is so much harder to take. Losing that final connection to your childhood. I don’t really want to start a pity party about an extremely privileged man but he lost both his parents in fairly quick succession. So his pain right now will be very real and acute.
Thanks Pogue. Mine died close together at relatively young ages, but I think if you have a sibling or siblings you've always got a point of reference. At least Charles has Anne, who is very close to him in age (unlike the other two).

If Andrew is going to wear military uniform for this walk behind the coffin I'll wager the armed forces are all hoping he doesn't wear their particular uniform. Even though he served in the Royal Navy, prior to the whole Epstein Island / Pizza Express situation he was well known for demanding to be made a general in each branch of the Armed Services.

I can just see the Army suggesting he wears a Gurkha Uniform or something!

Edit - Looks like they put their foot down - He is just wearing a Morning suit - bet he is seething about that!

Last edited:
Some of you will throw your parents, or get thrown, into an old peoples home
if only everyone else had 20 castles and thousands of staff and private doctors to look after their ill parents in old age so they didn't have to be terrible people and throw them into retirement homes because they themselves need to work, to pay for the retirement home.

royalty just loves its parents more.

any stories of the queen being seen in cuba with tupac yet?

any stories of the queen being seen in cuba with tupac yet?
london-olympics-opening-ceremony-2012.jpg

if only everyone else had 20 castles and thousands of staff and private doctors to look after their ill parents in old age so they didn't have to be terrible people and throw them into retirement homes because they themselves need to work, to pay for the retirement home.

My parents are both massive abusive assholes, Id happily throw them off a cliff never mind into a retirement home.

Charles was such an exemplary son (and husband, and father, and prince, and now king) that personally looked after his mother until the very end, unlike all those lowly plebs who can't wait to get rid of their parents.

Andrew has to wear civies because of his Epstein connection ? A nice parting gift from her majesty.

:lol: Im laughing at the comments where people are saying he has had enough time to get to grips with his mum dying. Unlike the norm, he wasnt distant from her and didnt just throw her into an old peoples home to get rid of her. He was very close to her and is devastated, as anyone would be, regardless of age.

Some of you will throw your parents, or get thrown, into an old peoples home and thats okay, you'll cope better when your mum and dad die, but dont knock another person by saying hes had enough time to come to terms - regardless of royalty or not.

Weird, I wonder why he didn't do that.

Andrew has to wear civies because of his Epstein connection ? A nice parting gift from her majesty.
Bit bizarre ….Andrew and Harry wearing civies being the only one‘s who’ve actually seen active service.

Oh come on, you'd do it even if you had all that money. It's ingrained into your blood.

Believe me, death hits harder the older you are. It feels a lot more personal when your number is also nearly up.

It certainly does, when you look around the family and realise you are now the eldest and that most of your life is now behind you and you are taking that many pills you begin to rattle... argh!!
Being a member of the Caf helps though ;)

He's being allowed wear uniform on Monday apparently, as a special one off.

Not Harry though, I mean some things are just totally unforgivable.

Well, we watched them walk and the coffin being placed. I thought the most impressive part was those eight young Guardsmen lifting it from the gun carriage (it's very heavy, there's a lead coffin inside the oak one) and placing it down with such precision.

Well, we watched them walk and the coffin being placed. I thought the most impressive part was those eight young Guardsmen lifting it from the gun carriage (it's very heavy, there's a lead coffin inside the oak one) and placing it down with such precision.

Yes, and the guy at the back barking out the orders/timing is apparently only 24 years old... my goodness, feeling my age today!

oates noticed that most of them were sergeants, at such a young age. Hey ho, tempus fugit and all that.

Yes, I think two were corporals, but none of them looked as if they should be out of short trousers yet... but well-done lads, lots of proud mums and dads watching today

I wonder what percentage of the population is apathetic. Surely the younger generations don't give a toss.

Yeah but the whole country is in mourning.

How long do those guards have to stand there for. When do they switch. Pretty impressive to stand there like a statue for hours on end. Currently live stream on YouTube.

Do they just stand there until monday? Joking like. But with all those people passing and a small chance someone wants to act like a dickhead, they have to be on alert. Wouldn't want to get pole vaulted with one of those feckers.

On the live stream of the Queen lying in state, one of the old guys/soldiers standing guard just face palmed, presume he fainted.

Hope he's ok obviously but does make you think that now's the time if you want to steal that crown? Quick grab, knock over a couple of octogenarian beefeaters and out the door sharpish.
This guy?