Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

I remember seeing an interview with Diana who didn't think Charles would cope being King, I mean when you are 73 the days blur together.

The reaction to a leaky pen was too much though, he should be composed as a head of state. No idea how its public.

I remember seeing an interview with Diana who didn't think Charles would cope being King, I mean when you are 73 the days blur together.

The reaction to a leaky pen was too much though, he should be composed as a head of state. No idea how its public.
The man’s mother died a handful of days previously and he’s been non stop travelling and taking part in other ceremonial nonsenses. His head must be all over the place.

The real issue is as you then start with this being made public. His reaction is understandable in his situation.

They're filming everything live.

The man’s mother died a handful of days previously and he’s been non stop travelling and taking part in other ceremonial nonsenses. His head must be all over the place.

The real issue is as you then start with this being made public. His reaction is understandable in his situation.

I can imagine him reacting a certain way, but everything he is doing now is recorded and distributed. His tiny table on the day after is already a meme.

As head of state and monarch I think everything he does will be scrutinised, but you can make the point the staff should check the pen beforehand too.

Obviously yes he has just lost his mother but he must know its televised. Personally I think they should only show the funeral and the Coronation. All these intermediary ceremonies shouldn't be shared or streamed.

I can't imagine what his mental health must be like, when I lost my dad it took around a year, he has no period to grieve whatsoever.

Some of you lot could talk for decades if nobody stopped you.

He's hardly slept for a week, he's 70 odd and just lost his mum. He's bound to be fecked in the head at this point and completely bereft of normal thinking. Hardly had time to sleep yet alone mourn. He's only human ffs.

Andy on the other hand. Well that's fecked up. That's for social services. Not the toxicity that is twatter.

A pedo is a pedestrian biker who has somehow come into conflict possibly RTA, MIB with a fecking dictionary and an uber cab?

Showing emotion doesn't mean lack of composure, anyway, and I'm not sure why those guys are so outraged. It's so funny, they're literally just created problems and moaning for the sake of it.

What would happen if you called Prince Andrew a fart?

jail-right-to-jail.gif

He's hardly slept for a week, he's 70 odd and just lost his mum. He's bound to be fecked in the head at this point and completely bereft of normal thinking. Hardly had time to sleep yet alone mourn. He's only human ffs.

Andy on the other hand. Well that's fecked up. That's for social services. Not the toxicity that is twatter.
I feel sorry for him. At 73 your thinking about winding down and enjoying retirement and your years while you still have your health and your congitive facilities.

Instead he's going to have to host banquets, do all sorts of tours. Have an insane amount of media requests and interest.

I wouldnt be suprised if he abdicated in a few years citing his health as the reason.

I feel sorry for him. At 73 your thinking about winding down and enjoying retirement and your years while you still have your health and your congitive facilities.

Instead he's going to have to host banquets, do all sorts of tours. Have an insane amount of media requests and interest.

I wouldnt be suprised if he abdicated in a few years citing his health as the reason.
He must have been expecting it unless he thought his mom was going to live forever. She did it and she was 96.

Well, it's not exactly as if he's been toiling away for 50 years now, is it?

Yes, thanks for your approval. HM approves!

Kong live the Ling.

If as I guess you are talking about Prince Andrew, then he's not a Pedo/Pedophile - there's a difference between one of those who is sexually interested in children under the age of pubescence (the time that puberty begins) and a child abuser/rapist who prefers children who are adolescent, in their teens. Someone usually tries to explain this maybe about once a week. The offender is no better than the other but it's an important detail.

In the case of Virginia Giuffre who was an adolescent at the time who it is claimed was 17 at the time of the alledged incident - which Andrew agreed a non-disclosure payment to, was actually over the age of sexual consent in the UK. Of course there are allegations she was trafficked internationally and in some states in the US the age of consent is higher.

I agree that a protester shouldn't be charged with heckling Prince Andrew but some would say there's a time and a place. I though the crowd dealt with it as a majority of onlookers better than the police who I don't believe had any cause to detain him.

No pedophile jokes etc.

So, does the whole overreaction, extreme security measures and over a week of hell in London and the whole vibe of Charles actually turn anyone more Republican already? I’m not in the UK so can’t know this but judging by what I read on Twitter more and more people that on Friday still vocally mourned the queen and heralded an end of an era, also personally for them, seem very tired.

Monarchs Belong in the Dustbin of History

Chris Hedges said:
The fawning adulation of Queen Elizabeth in the United States, which fought a revolution to get rid of the monarchy, and in Great Britain, is in direct proportion to the fear gripping a discredited, incompetent and corrupt global ruling elite.

The global oligarchs are not sure the next generation of royal sock puppets – mediocrities that include a pedophile prince and his brother, a cranky and eccentric king who accepted suitcases and bags stuffed with $3.2 million in cash from the former prime minister of Qatar Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, and who has millions stashed in offshore accounts – are up to the job. Let’s hope they are right.

“Having a monarchy next door is a little like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and has daubed their house with clown murals, displays clown dolls in each window and has an insatiable desire to hear about and discuss clown-related news stories,” Patrick Freyne wrote last year in The Irish Times. “More specifically, for the Irish, it’s like having a neighbour who’s really into clowns and, also, your grandfather was murdered by a clown.”

Monarchy obscures the crimes of empire and wraps them in nostalgia. It exalts white supremacy and racial hierarchy. It justifies class rule. It buttresses an economic and social system that callously discards and often consigns to death those considered the lesser breeds, most of whom are people of color. The queen’s husband Prince Phillip, who died in 2021, was notorious for making racist and sexist remarks, politely explained away in the British press as “gaffes.” He described Beijing, for example, as “ghastly” during a 1986 visit and told British students: “If you stay here much longer you’ll all be slitty-eyed.

The cries of the millions of victims of empire; the thousands killed, tortured, raped and imprisoned during the Mau Mau rebellion in Kenya; the 13 Irish civilians gunned down in “Bloody Sunday;” the more than 4,100 First Nations children who died or went missing in Canada’s residential schools, government-sponsored institutions established to “assimilate” indigenous children into Euro-Canadian culture, and the hundreds of thousands killed during the invasion and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan are drowned out by cheers for royal processions and the sacral aura an obsequious press weaves around the aristocracy. The coverage of the queen’s death is so mind-numbingly vapid — the BBC sent out a news alert on Saturday when Prince Harry and Prince William, accompanied by their wives, surveyed the floral tributes to their grandmother displayed outside Windsor Castle — that the press might as well turn over the coverage to the mythmakers and publicists employed by the royal family.

The royals are oligarchs. They are guardians of their class. The world’s largest landowners include King Mohammed VI of Morocco with 176 million acres, the Holy Roman Catholic Church with 177 million acres, the heirs of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia with 531 million acres and now, King Charles III with 6.6 billion acres of land. British monarchs are worth almost $28 billion. The British public will provide a $33 million subsidy to the Royal Family over the next two years, although the average household in the U.K. saw its income fall for the longest period since records began in 1955 and 227,000 households experience homelessness in Britain.

Royals, to the ruling class, are worth the expense. They are effective tools of subjugation. British postal and rail workers canceled planned strikes over pay and working conditions after the queen’s death. The Trade Union Congress (TUC) postponed its congress. Labour Party members poured out heartfelt tributes. Even Extinction Rebellion, which should know better, indefinitely canceled its planned “Festival of Resistance.” The BBC’s Clive Myrie dismissed Britain’s energy crisis — caused by the war in Ukraine — that has thrown millions of people into severe financial distress as “insignificant” compared with concerns over the queen’s health. The climate emergency, pandemic, the deadly folly of the U.S. and NATO’s proxy war in Ukraine, soaring inflation, the rise of neo-fascist movements and deepening social inequality will be ignored as the press spews florid encomiums to class rule. There will be 10 days of official mourning.

In 1953, Her Majesty’s Government sent three warships, along with 700 troops, to its colony British Guiana, suspended the constitution and overthrew the democratically elected government of Cheddi Jagan. Her Majesty’s Government helped to build and long supported the apartheid government in South Africa. Her Majesty’s Government savagely crushed the Mau Mau independence movement in Kenya from 1952 to 1960, herding 1.5 million Kenyans into concentration camps where many were tortured. British soldiers castrated suspected rebels and sympathizers, often with pliers, and raped girls and women. Her Majesty’s Government inherited staggering wealth from the $ 45 trillion Great Britain looted from India, wealth accumulated by violently crushing a series of uprisings, including the First War of Independence in 1857. Her Majesty’s Government carried out a dirty war to break the Greek Cypriot War of Independence from 1955 to 1959 and later in Yemen from 1962 to 1969. Torture, extrajudicial assassinations, public hangings and mass executions by the British were routine. Following a protracted lawsuit, the British government agreed to pay nearly £20 million in damages to over 5,000 victims of British abuse during war in Kenya, and in 2019 another payout was made to survivors of torture from the conflict in Cyprus. The British state attempts to obstruct lawsuits stemming from its colonial history. Its settlements are a tiny fraction of the compensation paid to British slave owners in 1835, once it — at least formally — abolished slavery.

During her 70-year reign, the queen never offered an apology or called for reparations.

The point of social hierarchy and aristocracy is to sustain a class system that makes the rest of us feel inferior. Those at the top of the social hierarchy hand out tokens for loyal service, including the Order of the British Empire (OBE). The monarchy is the bedrock of hereditary rule and inherited wealth. This caste system filters down from the Nazi-loving House of Windsor to the organs of state security and the military. It regiments society and keeps people, especially the poor and the working class, in their “proper” place.

The British ruling class clings to the mystique of royalty and fading cultural icons as James Bond, the Beatles and the BBC, along with television shows such as “Downton Abbey” — where in the 2019 film version the aristocrats and servants are convulsed in fevered anticipation when King George V and Queen Mary schedule a visit — to project a global presence. Winston Churchill’s bust remains on loan to the White House. These myth machines sustain Great Britain’s “special” relationship with the United States. Watch the satirical film “In the Loop” to get a sense of what this “special” relationship looks like on the inside.

full article here.