Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I’m not a royalist, far from it, but I really don’t think it’s too much to ask that we all spend our lives in symbolic servile deference to a weird archaic tradition of hereditary power.
:D

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

I quite like his reaction here. Dude's just lost his mum and is involved in a really high pressure ceremony, and they give him a tiny fecking table. If it was me I would've chucked the tray on the floor and demanded a servant pick it up.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
What would be the worst place to be an archbishop of?

Archbishop of Stanhope

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So it's official Charles is king eeh?
The only thing known to go faster than ordinary light is monarchy, according to the philosopher Ly Tin Wheedle. He reasoned like this: you can't have more than one king, and tradition demands that there is no gap between kings, so when a king dies the succession must therefore pass to the heir instantaneously

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Said this earlier but the table he's using is fecking tiny, has two giant books on it and an ink pot off screen. Couple that with the fact that he had his own pen which he took out of his pocket, feck knows why a tray of other pens was even on the desk.

What I'm trying to say is that the aide should've done their fecking job and removed the tray when Charlie was clearly struggling for space for a good ten seconds before this clip started.

Edit: uncropped shot of the table. fecking state of it. We should pay more tax this year and buy them a bigger one.

Last edited:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Said this earlier but the table he's using is fecking tiny, has two giant books on it and an ink pot off screen. Couple that with the fact that he had his own pen which he took out of his pocket, feck knows why a tray of other pens was even on the desk.

What I'm trying to say is that the aide should've done their fecking job and removed the tray when Charlie was clearly struggling for space for a good ten seconds before this clip started.

Edit: uncropped shot of the table. fecking state of it. We should pay more tax this year and buy them a bigger one.

yeah. said exactly the same when watching it. we’ve gone from every other country holding us in the highest esteem to every other country still holding us in the highest esteem but smirking at us behind our backs.

the royals are so poor that they need to do this in what’s tantamount to a bedsit. i hope truss raises taxes by 30% so we can all contribute to vaster ceremonial rooms for our betters.
look at that piss poor excuse of a table. we’re a laughing stock.

Last edited:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Who doesn’t like a bit of Pomp and historical ceremony

fascinating to watch

this is only going to strengthen the Monach

in a country where we seem to lack any tradition, it’s always a nice change to see our Monach present a huge historical tradition, even if it is at the sad expense of the passing of the Queen

as much as what I think the idea of royalty is today a dated idea, it does little harm and upholds one of the few traditions we have

I’d rather see Amazon and Google actually pay proportionate taxes and the Lords of the House of Lords £300 a day earnings be scrapped baring in mind there are 800 of them!! (£240k a day!! Or £87 million a year on these lords that do nothing) than see the Monachy go
I think it's interesting to say it's a country where we seem to lack any tradition when so much of what we do is based on traditions.

Would it be the worst thing in the world to do all of these? Force the big corporations to pay proper tax, abolish the house of Lords (and move the commons and mps to another city while we're at it) and also work towards abolishing the monarchy?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
If anybody finds this absurd or funny, then it's just the same as talking to your dog or cat. Only the difference is that some of you go one step further allow your dogs to lick you.

Now some will reply to this and say there's a difference because dogs are more intellectual and domesticated.

Youre all hypocrites.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
If anybody finds this absurd or funny, then it's just the same as talking to your dog or cat. Only the difference is that some of you go one step further allow your dogs to lick you.

Now some will reply to this and say there's a difference because dogs are more intellectual and domesticated.

Youre all hypocrites.
Did I miss some context here?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Did I miss some context here?
Relevated got in trouble a few months back because he told some of us in confidence that he likes to smear peanut butter over his bits and whistle for his - you know what, I'll stop because it was a private conversation.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Relevated got in trouble a few months back because he told some of us in confidence that he likes to smear peanut butter over his bits and whistle for his - you know what, I'll stop because it was a private conversation.
That's an image I didn't need to think about :nervous:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well, some European monarchies have reformed themselves and live very different lives. My own view is that nothing much will happen with Charles, but when William is King there will be changes.

As for their estates, a small but densely-populated island can't afford for all that land to be kept for one family. I actually feel more strongly about the landholdings of the hereditary peers, who basically do nothing at all for the nation but have sole access to many of the best bits.
Very true but I guess they're technically still royalty? I'm talking about a country in modern times removing their monarchy entirely.

Also I'm not sure if this will be popular on here but what on earth is the point of having a royal family if they're just going to pretend to be normal people? I'd abolish the lot of them tomorrow but at least if you're going to take public money, provide a little bit of pomp and circumstance. Otherwise we're just paying tax to fund an already rich family pretending to be normal! What's the point of that?

Agreed, the hereditary peers also need to be sorted and access to green space in thr UK in general but that's for another thread I guess.

Moby

Dick
Very true but I guess they're technically still royalty? I'm talking about a country in modern times removing their monarchy entirely.

Also I'm not sure if this will be popular on here but what on earth is the point of having a royal family if they're just going to pretend to be normal people? I'd abolish the lot of them tomorrow but at least if you're going to take public money, provide a little bit of pomp and circumstance. Otherwise we're just paying tax to fund an already rich family pretending to be normal! What's the point of that?

Agreed, the hereditary peers also need to be sorted and access to green space in thr UK in general but that's for another thread I guess.
Leave them enough to start a corner takeaway and buy a terraced house and build from there.

neverdie

the images from windsor now. that's the epitome of brainwashing. how they laugh at the north koreans and at the russians who wept for stalin. this should at least prove useful for textbooks in the future.

Pickle85

the images from windsor now. that's the epitome of brainwashing. how they laugh at the north koreans and at the russians who wept for stalin. this should at least prove useful for textbooks in the future.
Ugh, you're unbearable. Yes, modern day Britain really is comparable to North Korea and Stalinist Russia in its slavish devotion to the crown. Have a day off mate.

neverdie

Yes, modern day Britain really is comparable to North Korea and Stalinist Russia in its slavish devotion to the crown.
exactly. glad we can agree even in-between your irritation at either end of the primary point.

although, to be fair to the soviets stalin only received four days of official mourning and his successor immediately began to dismantle his personality cult and set about revolutionizing the institution. meanwhile, i hear trevor sinclair was taken off air for suggesting that the monarchy was potentially racist. :)

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Ugh, you're unbearable. Yes, modern day Britain really is comparable to North Korea and Stalinist Russia in its slavish devotion to the crown. Have a day off mate.
Yes, there's a kind of big difference in that no-one will drag to to prison if you don't cry because the Queen has died.