Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

The one thing I'm struggling (might be a bit strong) is that these people have lost a mother, grandmother, great grandmother and they haven't had a minute to greive.
Yeah, I couldn’t be doing that. Just seems to be expected? My dad messaged me yesterday to say “Charles looks remarkably happy considering his mum died less than 24 hours ago?”

One of the reasons I couldn’t do their job for any amount of money. Too many things you CAN’T or HAVE TO do?

i’ve always lived around windsor and i’ve had a few run ins with the royals. i remember a time i was walking outside the walls of windsor castle on a night out. i’d just stumbled out of wetherspoons and was heading down towards the riverside when i head a shout of “oi, oi, you’ve got something on the bottom of your foot, mate!” i lifted my heel, whilst keeping the ball of my foot on the floor, looked back over my shoulder and down onto my shoe. i nearly jumped out of my skin when i heard a shout of “oooooo cooey, you big poofter.” and looked up to see the queen laughing like a drain and closing one of the windows in the castle before gesturing towards me with the international symbol for wanker.
I think that it was her common touch, her ability to be so un-pc at times that brings a lump to my throat.

They’ll be let free and revert to their previous state. Vicious, human flesh eating b@stards who hunt in packs.

hopefully they’ll feed on the freaks who spend hours outside waiting to catch a glimpse of a royal.

5836.jpg

would make sense that they’d get made into something from a fancy bakery.

True enough. Can't escape them wherever you live.

best we can hope for is another revolution to make things a tiny bit better for a bit before someone even worse fills the power void.

Yeah, I couldn’t be doing that. Just seems to be expected? My dad messaged me yesterday to say “Charles looks remarkably happy considering his mum died less than 24 hours ago?”

One of the reasons I couldn’t do their job for any amount of money. Too many things you CAN’T or HAVE TO do?
Yea it's very odd. Especially when I was at a wake yesterday. The comparison between them and normal people was seen first hand and it really hit home.

Couldn't imagine how they are actually feeling and just have to get on with it smile and wave

over a week of mourning and a complete shutout of republican sentiment. the bbc is running the kind of propaganda that pushes people to line up to see superior bloodlines in the first instance. i don't think anyone would disagree with that, even if you want to leave the russian and north korean examples aside.
I honestly think this cringe bbc coverage will single handedly push hordes of people into the ‘defund the bbc’ camp.

I honestly think this cringe bbc coverage will single handedly push hordes of people into the ‘defund the bbc’ camp.

they’ve moved on to the ukraine war now. we voted brexit so we wouldn’t need to care about other countries, especially at a time when our one true maternal mother has died :mad:

over a week of mourning and a complete shutout of republican sentiment. the bbc is running the kind of propaganda that pushes people to line up to see superior bloodlines in the first instance. i don't think anyone would disagree with that, even if you want to leave the russian and north korean examples aside.
It would be funny if they cut from the mourning scenes to some guy in the pub saying 'couldn't give a shit mate, bloody parasites', then switched to weirdos stood looking glum outside Buckingham Palace.

It would be funny if they cut from the mourning scenes to some guy in the pub saying 'couldn't give a shit mate, bloody parasites', then switched to weirdos stood looking glum outside Buckingham Palace.
:lol:

I could have posted this in one or two other threads, but since this is about the funeral...

Jeff Zeleny is a cnut.

Probably not the intimate last moments, but I expect the embargo on reporting about her illness will dissolve away in the months ahead.

She was in ill health for a few months, the last 2 weeks she was in heavy decline.

When she went to Balmoral she usually had a grand open doors event with staff but this time it was private, small, behind closed doors and no cameras were allowed.

News came out that her stay would be "longer than normal" and the last 2 weeks Charles did "daily visits" which sparked big concerns royal experts said it was "highly unusual" in some press outlets he never visited that frequently.

I'm assuming it was some form of terminal illness or something along those lines because you can see she dropped a lot of weight from June from the Jubilee and also the bruises in her hands point to constant medical attention.

It wasn't "sudden" as in it just happened assuming it was known about for months if not longer

62247391-11197423-image-a-29_1662731531093.jpg

Dunno why stop there, she should kiss his feet too, fecking peasants. Best part, that guy behind made a "ewwww" face.

She was in ill health for a few months, the last 2 weeks she was in heavy decline.

When she went to Balmoral she usually had a grand open doors event with staff but this time it was private, small, behind closed doors and no cameras were allowed.

News came out that her stay would be "longer than normal" and the last 2 weeks Charles did "daily visits" which sparked big concerns royal experts said it was "highly unusual" in some press outlets he never visited that frequently.

I'm assuming it was some form of terminal illness or something along those lines because you can see she dropped a lot of weight from June from the Jubilee and also the bruises in her hands point to constant medical attention.

It wasn't "sudden" as in it just happened assuming it was known about for months if not longer

It was. It definitely was not a particularly closely guarded secret, though - a great many people working in government/the civil service and the press knew what she had many months ago (even before the Jubilee celebrations).

Nobody has talked about it publicly and now is hardly the time to go in to details, but I assume at some point someone (probably one of the family) will make mention of it.