Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Last edited:
Was that a serious post you replied to? Ffs :lol:
There seems to be a peculiar breed of poster here that have been registered for 10, 15, 20 years and very, very rarely post but apparently when the Queen dies, their first priority is to come on to redcafe and proclaim how great the queen and monarchy are. We'll probably see them again next decade when Charles pops his clogs.

Without the monarchy, parliament and such, most of you wouldn't have been born. We wouldn't be living in a free country. Some lax people here taking utter shite.

RIP QE2

Huh? Ireland isn't free? Germany isn't free? France isn't free? Etc etc

There is also no correlation, much less causation, between births/birth rate/mortality and having a monarch vs republic.

Or are you going full butterfly effect on us?

There seems to be a peculiar breed of poster here that have been registered for 10, 15, 20 years and very, very rarely post but apparently when the Queen dies, their first priority is to come on to redcafe and proclaim how great the queen and monarchy are. We'll probably see them again next decade when Charles pops his clogs.

That's assuming Charles dies on the throne (not talking about the toilet).

He could step down in his 80s for all we know.

Huh? Ireland isn't free? Germany isn't free? France isn't free? Etc etc

There is also no correlation, much less causation, between births/birth rate/mortality and having a monarch vs republic.

Or are you going full butterfly effect on us?
The UK isn't free and it wasn't the Monarchs fighting for workers, women etc to improve their lots. The UK is getting less free with ordinary folk in danger of losing more and more rights thanks to the Conservatives stealthily at first but now more openly attacking what we took for granted by removing our access to the ECHR.

One thing, everything that the UK governments and secretive offices in Whitehall has done to benefit themselves over other people's human rights has been done in her name whether she knew it or not. The Monarch is the final signature on the dotted line but their name is the excuse used to carry out every atrocity since forever. God bless her and all but the Queen had clever people around her, a lot formerly services and a lot who still were who knew how things happened, all she ever had to do was ask.

Can you explain this? Like what’s the thinking? Is it a Marty Mcfly situation? Genuinely have no idea about the logic youre applying here
There's a portrait of the queen above his parents' bed so he probably thinks she was involved in everyone else's conception too.

Might have missed the discussion so sorry. But does anyone else think that for all her brilliant statesmanship and comparatively better behaviour to her predecessors, she made a blunder by not trying to stop Brexit. It was pretty clear that the leave campaign was built on lies and that the referendum promise was nothing but a ploy to gain far right votes by the Tories. There was literally no tangible benefit to Brexit and the queen should have stepped in to prevent the economic downfall of her kingdom?

Might have missed the discussion so sorry. But does anyone else think that for all her brilliant statesmanship and comparatively better behaviour to her predecessors, she made a blunder by not trying to stop Brexit. It was pretty clear that the leave campaign was built on lies and that the referendum promise was nothing but a ploy to gain far right votes by the Tories. There was literally no tangible benefit to Brexit and the queen should have stepped in to prevent the economic downfall of her kingdom?
She would have been destroyed and that would have been the end of the monarchy.

Pretty sure she was remain judging by that one outfit.

Guys if the public actually demanded that the monarchy end, and there was genuine threat to them, do you think they'd go down fighting? Or would they accept the desire of the public and end it?

Guys if the public actually demanded that the monarchy end, and there was genuine threat to them, do you think they'd go down fighting? Or would they accept the desire of the public and end it?
How often have you seen people give up power and riches against their will without putting up a fight?

They'd end it. It's what I expect too. It's a matter of when, not if. The monarchy will end sooner or later.

Some of the posters in here would give their life to ensure that never happened

A friend of mine arranged this. I like it.

images

She has zero political power and politics is something she notoriously steers clear from

She was someone who was consulted, someone who advised on all matters non political and she advised on leadership

there was no blunder in her not stepping in on Brexit, it wasn’t her role

Guys if the public actually demanded that the monarchy end, and there was genuine threat to them, do you think they'd go down fighting?

I mean, there’s only about 20 of them, and some of them are babies. I’m pretty sure we could take ‘em.

the fecking state of that ceremony. "lords temporal and spiritual", "by god's will does he reign", and my favourite, "to whom you now owe your servile obedience". i added servile but i think it was implied.

the more illegitimate the office, the more archaic and mental the ritual which accompanies it. they have to do all of these "high note angelic movie sound effect" type movements to make it seem as if there's some kind of solidity to the whole thing. what a crock of shit is monarchy. we even have a suitable parable, that one where the emperor has no clothes.

the fecking state of that ceremony. "lords temporal and spiritual", "by god's will does he reign", and my favourite, "to whom you now owe your servile obedience". i added servile but i think it was implied.

the more illegitimate the office, the more archaic and mental the ritual which accompanies it. they have to do all of these "high note angelic movie sound effect" type movements to make it seem as if there's some kind of solidity to the whole thing. what a crock of shit is monarchy.
It’s all really very surreal and odd.

i’m only watching for when the orgy breaks out.

the remarkable progress over 70 years. it was just old white men. now there's a few rich white women and a very few rich non-white people, too. astounding.

Packed them in like sardines.

the royals are so poor that they need to do this in what’s tantamount to a bedsit. i hope truss raises taxes by 30% so we can all contribute to vaster ceremonial rooms for our betters.

the remarkable progress over 70 years. it was just old white men. now there's a few rich white women and a very few rich non-white people, too. astounding.

if it makes you feel any better i think they make sure they are very, very rich and refuse to do anything for their communities before they allow them in. 3 of them are also blacked up.

if it makes you feel any better i think they make sure they are very, very rich and refuse to do anything for their communities before they allow them in. 3 of them are also blacked up.
that heartens me. god bless the king.

I was at Parliament on Tuesday for a work thing, thinking I was dead lucky to be there for Truss' first PMQs. Little did I know I missed all this fiasco by a single day.

As it happens, we got shown aound some of the extraneous rooms near the House of Lords, one of which is an enormous, sumptiously decorated dressing room for the monarch with a golden throne, portraits of scenes from English history encapsulating key virtues and woodcuts of Arthurian legends. Apparently she'd never once used it in 70 years of Queening.

the royals are so poor that they need to do this in what’s tantamount to a bedsit. i hope truss raises taxes by 30% so we can all contribute to vaster ceremonial rooms for our betters.
I think it’s only fair, heat, eat, liberate.