Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

Will that be enough or should we call the entire season off?

When I said that didn't realise so many sports were still on this weekend,now I think FA have badly misjudged the situation

The Dutch. Lyrics don't make much sense these days and the song puts you to sleep.
The Dutch anthem is beautiful, what the feck man. Can't speak for the lyrics, admittedly.

He's already done it.

I'm off to a New Order / Pet Shop Boys show next weekend and will expect something there as well.

He should go back to the studio though. The time is ripe for some more of that candle in the wind. It would swiftly get him back to prominence, and the grief stricken would be lining up to buy the new single.

It's what the people deserve.

Monarchies should not exist and it's an absolute joke that billions will be spend now to basically rebrand everything from "the Queen" to "the King". However I don't think she deserves to be compared with fecking nazis or whatever other nonsense is being spouted by some here. She was one of the most recognisable person in the world and unlike most, she was mostly for good reasons. The queen was much more likeable and a better ambassador of the UK than anyone ever will be, especially if you guys keep electing cnuts like Boris.
Nah. The family is German. King Edward was a nazi sympathiser. Philip was apart of a nazi family.

The queen deserves respect but there's most definitely an argument she came from a family that definitely had a couple of Nazis in it.

Monarchies should not exist and it's an absolute joke that billions will be spend now to basically rebrand everything from "the Queen" to "the King". However I don't think she deserves to be compared with fecking nazis or whatever other nonsense is being spouted by some here. She was one of the most recognisable person in the world and unlike most, she was mostly for good reasons. The queen was much more likeable and a better ambassador of the UK than anyone ever will be, especially if you guys keep electing cnuts like Boris.

BBC - the Queen Nazi salute

Also, research their family history, interesting stuff to be learned for sure.

Last edited:
Nah. The family is German. King Edward was a nazi sympathiser. Philip was apart of a nazi family.

The queen deserves respect but there's most definitely an argument she came from a family that definitely had a couple of Nazis in it.

I think that's history too, you go back far enough you find people who sided with Romans or whatever else. Elizabeth II wasn't part of it.

We can't be guilty be assocation.

He wasn't banned for that comment being anti-royal but he was given a warning for the good riddance bit and not for the anti-royal bit. He is temp banned because this latest warning again tipped him over into a second temporary ban. And it wasn't anything to do with the nationality of the mod who gave the warning.
Thanks for the explanation. Not quite as sexy as “he was banned for this” but makes a bit more sense. I do have two questions about forum rules coming out of this, where is the best place for me to ask them
She only died yesterday, you can't expect us to dot the Ts and cross the Is already. I think we'll need at least another thread.
Nor should it be expected that redcafe be the ones who come up with the solution :lol:

That tells me more about Edward than her if I’m honest.

Edward went to visit Hitler in jovial circumstances at the time Jews were already murdered by the millions. The Queen was too young but unfortunately the fallen apple was very close to the tree.

Kids don't know the meaning of those things, if you teach an 8 year old something until they are older they really don't realise their actions.
That tells me more about Edward than her if I’m honest.

Indeed. My post was more about the family as an institution - as I’d imagine any posts criticising her are (which I’m not doing, just commenting on the comparison).

She embodied that institution - that’s what she believed in and she did so impeccably.

The family / institution has strong ties to Nazism though, far beyond anything anecdotal.

Likewise, blind worship of the figurehead / leader is a very Nazi / facist sentiment, which could also be compared if one wanted to think critically.

I think that's history too, you go back far enough you find people who sided with Romans or whatever else. Elizabeth II wasn't part of it.

We can't be guilty be assocation.
What? This isn't her ancestors, this is what she herself lived through. How can you compare that to Romans?

Edward went to visit Hitler in jovial circumstances at the time Jews were already murdered by the millions. The Queen was too young but unfortunately the fallen apple was very close to the tree.
He visited in 1937; Jews certainly weren't being murdered by the millions at the time. The Kristallnacht, the first truly violent sign of what was to come, was in November 1938, and while that was horrific already, the number of deaths was still "only" in the triple digits. Please understand that I use the word "only" in comparison to the millions that were murdered later.

Edward can get fecked. Can I say good riddance to him?

He visited in 1937; Jews certainly weren't being murdered by the millions at the time. The Kristallnacht, the first truly violent sign of what was to come, was in November 1938, and while that was horrific already, the amount of deaths was still "only" in the triple digits. Please understand that I use the word "only" in comparison to the millions that were murdered later.

In 1937 ?

I stand corrected, I thought numbers had reached epic proportions by the late 30s.

How many people just googled when Edward visited Hitler (which is apparently more than Dumbstar did at least…)

What? This isn't her ancestors, this is what she herself lived through. How can you compare that to Romans?

I'm saying that you are influenced by what you live through. It's transient.

Queen Elizabeth II was forged in the fires between two wars. She watched Britain struggle to rebuild after WWI and came to power after WWII. I don't think what Edward VIII would have made her think about the Nazi ideology.

Yes Edward spent time with them but he abdicated in 1936, left for France in 1945. The Queen didn't ascend to power until 1952.

At the ages of 10-19 I doubt she was indoctrinated by those beliefs. Especially with George on the throne, who was very much part of war torn Britain. The Queen also took up a role at the ATS, the first female royal to serve. So Edward VIII and his beliefs were not close to her at all.

She spent the majority of the war at Windsor Castle too, but Edward was literally stripped of all his titles and George made sure he led a comfortable life but he was very much shunned by the family in exile pretty much.

I'm saying that you are influenced by what you live through. It's transient.

Queen Elizabeth II was forged in the fires between two wars. She watched Britain struggle to rebuild after WWI and came to power after WWII. I don't think what Edward VIII would have made her think about the Nazi ideology.

Yes Edward spent time with them but he abdicated in 1936, left for France in 1945. The Queen didn't ascend to power until 1952.

At the ages of 10-19 I doubt she was indoctrinated by those beliefs. Especially with George on the throne, who was very much part of war torn Britain. The Queen also took up a role at the ATS, the first female royal to serve. So Edward VIII and his beliefs were not close to her at all.

She spent the majority of the war at Windsor Castle too, but Edward was literally stripped of all his titles and George made sure he led a comfortable life but he was very much shunned by the family in exile pretty much.
That post read like a part of a written eulogy.

My understanding is that the matches are not necessarily being postponed out of respect, its mostly just because loads of police officers are being beckoned to London for the funeral leaving not enough police officers about the place to facilitate the football being on all over the country.

So its mostly just like a logistical thing. Is that it? Maybe that's it

My understanding is that the matches are not necessarily being postponed out of respect, its mostly just because loads of police officers are being beckoned to London for the funeral leaving not enough police officers about the place to facilitate the football being on all over the country.

The funeral is not until the week after next. No.

Toronto. They'll be in LA the next month as well so I may go again if its decent.
Very cool, love building a trip to a foreign country around seeing a band / group. Last one I did was Orbital in Sydney pre-pandemic.

That's the reason why all of next weekend's games will be cancelled. Cancelling this weekend's games is a mark of respect by the FA/EPL.

Ooo sounds like a good time to rob a bank in Norwich

Ooo sounds like a good time to rob a bank in Norwich
And now you put this thread, and possibly the entire forum on some sort of government watchlist. We'll probably be killed in our sleep.

Very cool, love building a trip to a foreign country around seeing a band / group. Last one I did was Orbital in Sydney pre-pandemic.

That sounds awesome. How was it? It's been well over 20 years since I've seen Orbital but Halcyon and Belfast I listen to often.

This from Corbyn, out of all people, shows the human side of QE2 better than any royalist weirdo could.

I think it's out of respect, but also as an institution if the FA/EPL goes "ok we're playing football still" when your Monarch has just died it's not a good image.

You have to think of the reaction (potentially) of the public. Not everybody is a royalist but people that aren't also respect people mourning over Queen Elizabeth II. Those who aren't royalist also are mourning/feel sombre because she's been in the public eye for 70 years.

Even if people don't agree with Monarchy we have lived through the Elizabethan age. We've witnessed major events in the world under her reign so it's a major historical event and that will take precedence over football until the transition takes place.

The league is the English league. I can't see it not being called off.

Last edited:

Even under 7s games are cancelled - not much police presence there.

That sounds awesome. How was it? It's been well over 20 years since I've seen Orbital but Halcyon and Belfast I listen to often.
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Set was about 80 minutes long & they mixed in a remix of Belfast I’d never heard before at the set end (they’d already played the ‘normal’ version earlier). Place was packed with quasi-geriatrics like myself trying to relive their youth.