Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

70% certain she's dead.

She may officially beat bhumibol, but no chance she's outlasting Louis.

It's kind of sad watching the end of an era approaching. I'm no fan of the monarchy, but if you're British she's been a constant throughout much of your life.

It'll be so strange to have a king, although there are still a good number of people alive who remember George VI. I won't get to see William become king, unless Charles dies at an unexpectedly young age (relatively young, that is). However, with both his parents living such long lives, I assume he has a good chance of doing the same.

It's kind of sad watching the end of an era approaching. I'm no fan of the monarchy, but if you're British she's been a constant throughout much of your life.

It'll be so strange to have a king, although there are still a good number of people alive who remember George VI. I won't get to see William become king, unless Charles dies at an unexpectedly young age (relatively young, that is). However, with both his parents living such long lives, I assume he has a good chance of doing the same.
It's a bit boring though, isn't it? We need a mid-season finale where Charles passes away and William walks up to take the throne, but Harry turns up in a Apache gunship with his American army that he's been building up off screen.

Edward receives a text in the middle.of his Pizza Express lunch and races to Buckingham Palace to try and usurp them all. And then after a giant battle the big plot twist: ROBO-LIZ 3.0

It's a bit boring though, isn't it? We need a mid-season finale where Charles passes away and William walks up to take the throne, but Harry turns up in a Apache gunship with his American army that he's been building up off screen.

Edward receives a text in the middle.of his Pizza Express lunch and races to Buckingham Palace to try and usurp them all. And then after a giant battle the big plot twist: ROBO-LIZ 3.0
And the kicker? The only way to take down ROBO-LIZ 3.0 is using Andrew's sweat.

Queenie's going to beat Louis easily. She just doesn't want to be seen in a wheelchair yet, which is quite normal, when she's 100 she will deem it acceptable. A big feck-off one with gold and diamonds all over, donated by the grateful Commonwealth.

Probably bought a load of Bitcoin ages ago and now doesn't feel the need to work.

She's got mobility issues, she's not ill. She's got years left in her yet.

My mum's got mobility issues too, she's not ill either.
I think there's more to it than the mobility, Colin. She had Covid and she's not been the same since then. It's easy to use her walking issues as a reason for her not to do things.

Why can't she use a wheelchair? The Pope used a wheelchair the other day, no-one thinks he's no longer Pope just because he can't walk.

I think there's more to it than the mobility, Colin. She had Covid and she's not been the same since then. It's easy to use her walking issues as a reason for her not to do things.

Why can't she use a wheelchair? The Pope used a wheelchair the other day, no-one thinks he's no longer Pope just because he can't walk.

Are they... lying about her condition?

Do we get any holidays if she croaks?

That is what I was thinking as the recording would be done where she is. At her age, plus the death of Phillip and known health issues a serious decline beyond mere mobility seems likely.

Supporting a heredity Monarch doesn't make you a patriot any more than people who would like a republic.
Having a hard time getting the kids to wear the royal themed fancy dress costumes you bought?

Having a hard time getting the kids to wear the royal themed fancy dress costumes you bought?

Wouldn't happen :) . I'm all for a Republic both where I live (Australia) and where I was born and lived until I was 30 (UK).

So she’s got a month to hold her shit together or years of planning and millions of pounds worth of organisation will be for nothing?

I would love to know what they would do if she did actually die before the jubilee.

So she’s got a month to hold her shit together or years of planning and millions of pounds worth of organisation will be for nothing?

I would love to know what they would do if she did actually die before the jubilee.
Weekend at Bernies

She should be stuffed and mounted on a wall in Buckingham Palace to get our moneys worth.

Put new batteries in?

Boris must be licking his chops, waiting for the inevitable headlines, giving him the biggest of dead cats to delay justice.

“I would suggest that the Opposition stop playing politics whilst the nation is in mourning”

Boris must be licking his chops, waiting for the inevitable headlines, giving him the biggest of dead cats to delay justice.

“I would suggest that the Opposition stop playing politics whilst the nation is in mourning”
He needs to time his next scandal carefully

Let's say for example

June 15 - photograph of Johnson rogering a badger emerges
June 17 - Queen dies
June 18 - "now is time for mourning not for discussing who allegedly rogered a badger"
June 25 - Starmer resigns for once visiting a zoo.

Still hoping she hangs on until Sep/Oct at least.
Would hate to have a mourning period during summer, what a waste that would be.

The opposition is currently a knighted sir. When the palace finally admits she is dead, it’s going to be a Cold War like arms race. Both parties arguing over who can fund the biggest wicker man tribute.

Rees Mogg and Alan Sugar are going to be fecking fuming at the lazy bitch.
:lol: Rees Mogg is probably rocking back and forth in his nanny's room questioning his own existence.

If she’s announced as dead shortly after the jubilee, I’m going all in on the conspiracy that she died before.

Imagine her posthumous speech

"I wrote this shit a long time ago, a real long time ago"
"I have some free time as Andrew has nipped out for a bit and left me with my granddaughter in this Pizza Express..."

I like here and I would feel sad if she was to pass (strange for someone who isn't even British but she has been a constant in my life so would feel as if I'm getting older as well and another piece of my last would be gone).

Would probably be better to abolish the monarchy all together as the remaining ones are such wankers but apparently it makes good money for you lot through tourism? So maybe not.

Would probably be better to abolish the monarchy all together as the remaining ones are such wankers but apparently it makes good money for you lot through tourism? So maybe not.

Get rid of them functionally, nationalise The House Windsor and all they have looted from us directly and indirectly, then keep them on as a tourist attraction on a salary.