Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

It's time we start preparing the caf for her death

When it's announced the caf should be turned black, the text, the backgrounds everything

All users must have "Queen", "Elizabeth" or something similar in their names. E.g. Queenchoker

Every post must start and finish with "rest in peace HRH"

The RedCafe logo must be replaced with the British flag

Anyone who says anything negative about the Queen should be permanently banned

All Scottish and Irish posters are to be temporarily banned

Or we can just banish you!

I care about Madge, being an old lady who has fulfilled her contract, over and above I'd say but I don't care for the Monarchy and would rather it all ended with her death.
Irish people are fairly well entitled to dislike the British monarchy, but this Queen was sound relatively speaking.

An honourable woman who gave her life to her country and managed to do it without going abroad to carry out atrocities. She's been the best ruler the Brits ever had in my book.
Fair dos.

(she hasn't died) The Death of Queen Elizabeth II (she hasn't died) (still alive as far as we know BUT HAS COVID on 20th February 2022)

You're contradicting yourself here @horsechoker. Please change the title to:

(she hasn't died as far as we know) The Death of Queen Elizabeth II (she hasn't died as far as we know BUT HAS COVID on 20th February 2022)

I can't help but look at the queen and wonder of she smells like boiled cabbage.

I really can't stand boiled cabbage, which is one of the several reasons I detest the queen and the royals in general.

I also refuse to capitalise her title.

Does the intern also run the twitter account of the site owner who doubled down on the claim earlier?

I drove past Windsor castle today …. It’s F***** huge… the royal family is such a disgusting idea.
I’m dreading it when she dies the out pouring if grief is going to be insufferable. People acting like she is some saint when basically she is a incredibly entitled person who didnt publicly mess up one off the best paid job in the world to badly.

I drove past Windsor castle today …. It’s F***** huge… the royal family is such a disgusting idea.
I’m dreading it when she dies the out pouring if grief is going to be insufferable. People acting like she is some saint when basically she is a incredibly entitled person who didnt publicly mess up one off the best paid job in the world to badly.

Essentially killed Diana, or did nothing to stop it which is just as guilty. Financially supported a paedo. Lots more. So not far from Saint hood. :)

Essentially killed Diana, or did nothing to stop it which is just as guilty. Financially supported a paedo. Lots more. So not far from Saint hood. :)
I mean I don’t belive the bad Diana killed, think that was just press been over eager to shoot every second of Diana’s millionaire celebrity life style.
but queen definitely isn’t a said Yet will get treated like a saint when she died by the World media and most of its in habitants!
infuriating!

You learn something new every day, as well as Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, Holyrood Palace, Balmoral Castle and the Sandringham Estate good old Queenie's got a gaff in Ireland as well, Hillsborough Castle, I didn't know about that one.

Apparently Windsor alone has 775 rooms and is 15 times bigger than the White House. I hope she mentioned that to Trump when he was over.

You learn something new every day, as well as Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, Holyrood Palace, Balmoral Castle and the Sandringham Estate good old Queenie's got a gaff in Ireland as well, Hillsborough Castle, I didn't know about that one.

Apparently Windsor alone has 775 rooms and is 15 times bigger than the White House. I hope she mentioned that to Trump when he was over.
Don't forget all the other houses which are hidden away in the grounds of those massive estates. Places like Frogmore, all the grace and favour apartments in the best parts of London, the places where the minor royals live. It's shocking really how much prime land they control in a very small island nation - plus the estates which are worth billions of pounds, in all likelihood.

Don't forget all the other houses which are hidden away in the grounds of those massive estates. Places like Frogmore, all the grace and favour apartments in the best parts of London, the places where the minor royals live. It's shocking really how much prime land they control in a very small island nation - plus the estates which are worth billions of pounds, in all likelihood.
Good point Penna. And even though it's not medieval times if she goes travelling she must pretty much stay in the best place a country has to offer anyway, everywhere just feels obliged to put her up in the bestest VIP place they have. I bet she didn't stay in a travelodge the last time she visited Italy. She could really do with a nice yacht as well though, while she's still young enough to appreciate it.

This is why I’ve never believed the “they bring in far more money than they cost - they’re good for the economy” argument.

Those houses cost millions and millions to upkeep. If you dissolved the royal family and opened those houses up to the paying public, not only would it pay for the upkeep, it would also dwarf the income we currently get from them.

The Royal’s are protected for one reason only and that’s because they are a concrete reminder of the class system in England. The idea that some people are just born better than others.

If she passes tomorrow, is it a bigger worldwide story than Ukraine?
It's going to be a jarring link for the news reader between one privileged nonagenarian passing away and thousands of civilians being blasted to death.
Meanwhile in a country miles away...

This is why I’ve never believed the “they bring in far more money than they cost - they’re good for the economy” argument.

Those houses cost millions and millions to upkeep. If you dissolved the royal family and opened those houses up to the paying public, not only would it pay for the upkeep, it would also dwarf the income we currently get from them.

The Royal’s are protected for one reason only and that’s because they are a concrete reminder of the class system in England. The idea that some people are just born better than others.
It only just occurs to me the number of staff at each and all of these palaces, royal estates and houses they must keep on standby all of the time. Queenie doesn't just say "Ooh, I fancy a night at Balmoral next week!" and they have to send an advance party to do the dusting and put the heating on.

Or do they?

It only just occurs to me the number of staff at each and all of these palaces, royal estates and houses they must keep on standby all of the time. Queenie doesn't just say "Ooh, I fancy a night at Balmoral next week!" and they have to send an advance party to do the dusting and put the heating on.

Or do they?
They are probably planned but as you said there are most likely staff on standby to get things ready. The Queen doesn't move at a fast pace so they've probably got time to clean up.

Or do they?
In a time of climate crisis where we are all encouraged to cut down on heating , electric , fuel use etc , all the royal properties are using huge amounts of energy in case Liz fancies a weeks holiday once a year .

In a time of climate crisis where we are all encouraged to cut down on heating , electric , fuel use etc , all the royal properties are using huge amounts of energy in case Liz fancies a weeks holiday once a year .
I'm sure. Leave a home cold and it will begin to fall apart, these homes are enormous and they wouldn't allow one pipe burst.

Theirs aren't the only piles leaking heat into the outside.

QueenPex

So… my usual Sunday name then?