Queen Elizabeth II | 1926-2022 | Rest in Peace

This will be her final Jubilee as Queen, I reckon. Not just because of her age. I reckon she'll abdicate regardless. Probably in the next couple of years, with Rangnick taking over as interim King until Charles is ready.

This will be her final Jubilee as Queen, I reckon. Not just because of her age. I reckon she'll abdicate regardless. Probably in the next couple of years, with Rangnick taking over as interim King until Charles is ready.
Would love to hear Rangnick telling the British public some home truths :drool:

It's strange that Charles still hasn't actually started his job and he's already 73 years old. Going by the longevity of his parents, he might get 20 years as King which would mean William would be about 60 when he took over.

Mods can somebody lock/delete this thread and direct all the traffic over to the The Queens Platinum Jubilee Official Thread please?

It just seems stupid to have two threads open at the same time and discussions should go in the Official thread as per the site rules.

Thanks.

Mods can somebody lock/delete this thread and direct all the traffic over to the The Queens Platinum Jubilee Official Thread please?

It just seems stupid to have two threads open at the same time and discussions should go in the Official thread as per the site rules.

Thanks.

No.

Think we should close the other thread, this is clearly the official one

Should OP be buried with the Queen like they used to do in ancient Egypt?

I would say no but I'm biased.

what is the ultimate win for you British folk? Make it through the week, you get your 4 day weekend. Back to work Teusday, then she dies wednesday so probably get thursday off and then at least 2 more days when funeral happens?

what is the ultimate win for you British folk? Make it through the week, you get your 4 day weekend. Back to work Teusday, then she dies wednesday so probably get thursday off and then at least 2 more days when funeral happens?
So we get Thurs and Fri off this week.

If she croaks it on Sunday, you can assume you’d get 1-3 days off so that’s Mon-Weds potentially, then an extra day for the funeral in a couple of weeks time. That’d be ideal.

My birthday is June 7th so if she died then and it became a national holiday I wouldn't be displeased.

So we get Thurs and Fri off this week.

If she croaks it on Sunday, you can assume you’d get 1-3 days off so that’s Mon-Weds potentially, then an extra day for the funeral in a couple of weeks time. That’d be ideal.
Is Monday not already a bank holiday? (it is in Ireland anyways)

Is Monday not already a bank holiday? (it is in Ireland anyways)
No - this Monday was meant to be, but it was moved to Thursday and an additional bank holiday was given for the jubilee (Friday).

Pulled out of the celebrations tomorrow. Either dead or simply can’t be arsed. Either way, fair play to her

She has the constitution of a horse. Nothing can take her down. Not old age, Covid, the death of a beloved spouse or her son being a diddler.

I want to choose my words carefully so as not to cause offence, but she's a brick shithouse of a monarch.