QF | England vs Switzerland | Netherlands vs Turkey

Just lip read Prince William “YESSSS COME ON YOU feckING BUNCH OF cnuts HAVE SOME OF THAT YOU NEUTRAL WANKERS”

In what bizarro universe were England the better team?

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/match/2036208--england-vs-switzerland/statistics/

England had the better of the game. Saka's trickery should probably have led to a couple of goals in my opinion, best player on the pitch.

Switzerland had probably three periods in the game where they put England under sustained pressure but it didn't come to much.

The fact that England were poor doesn't make the opposition automatically better.

England pre-Southgate in 65 years of major tournaments:

1 win
2 SF

England in 6 years under Southgate:

1 final
2 SF

I don’t rate him at all but that really is crazy (more how England have underperformed previously in fairness).

Pouring the salty tears from this thread into the ocean would raise sea levels by 15 inches.

Doing the same thing over and over ain't a fluke
Easiest knockout draw possibly in tournament history, outplayed in every single game of the tournament. Would be a bigger fluke than even Greece in 04. At least Greece had to beat the hosts twice.

Why did I ruin my mood by coming on here and reading the opinions of the most cynical, miserable bunch on the internet?

Oh man, Erdogan's wife has the same injury as that Romanian guy!

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/match/2036208--england-vs-switzerland/statistics/

England had the better of the game. Saka's trickery should probably have led to a couple of goals in my opinion, best player on the pitch.

There were a few edgy moments towards the end but overall Switzerland didn't do a lot.

The fact that England were poor doesn't make the opposition automatically better.

What gets on my tits is that nobody runs into the six-yard box to get on the end of a cross or a rebound. Kane hands around the penalty spot or beyond. At least Toney is always in where it hurts.

That's some serious Pickford hate.
Really? If it was a well placed shot that he did well to get to I'd be all for praising him, but it was a limply struck and terribly placed penalty that even a midget would have stopped had they picked the right direction.
More possession, more shots, same shots on target.
Possession was about even, England had two more shots, the Swiss had more than double the xG.

Neither team really outperformed the other, but the Swiss at least had cohesion and a game plan. England looked devoid of a plan, as usual, but they have the individual quality to make things happen regardless.

Congrats to the team on a fantastic penalty shoot out win. The football still isn’t where we want it to be and it feels like England and Southgate are being relatively lucky to progress the way we are; but it takes some bottle to win that shoot out and credit has to go to the teams temperament and Southgate’s chances at the end (they were actually good here).

Does Hargreaves ever say anything other than phrases like "that's right Fletch", "right you are Fletch"?

What if the most boring man in the world sold his soul to the devil? What would a realistic depiction of that look like?

This, I propose, is the question answered by Gareth Southgate's reign as England manager.