QF | England vs Switzerland | Netherlands vs Turkey

That’s what I’ve just seen. Saka as a LWB/LM will be useless. But it could start with that formation then change to the 4-2-3-1

Or the other way around. Get the first goal and shut up shop. Southgate special.

Bloody hell that's horrendous by Southgate. Basically no changes after being crap all tournament.

What the hells the setup? Why was the talk 3 at the back the 48 hours because of training, and now that's the XI.... with no Trent? So logically, it's just sticking to the same setup right? 3 at the back with that would be utter madness.

Prediction from my friend Scrabby:

1934 ■ 2-3 vs Czechoslovakia L

If we dig in deeper to analyse the Swiss gameplan, note that they have a habit of scoring early goals to control the game. Since the Euro qualifying campaign started until now, the Swiss scored 14 first half goals in 18 matches, scoring ahead of opponents in 14 out of 18 matches. On the flip side, they never win any game when they are the first to concede a goal.

To achieve success, England must score first & again to break the Swiss spirit. We have seen that last WC when Swiss were hammered 6-1 by the Portuguese. England will deliver tonight.

Prediction:
England -0.25
England 2-0 Switzerland (Foden/Kane to score)
England to win Switzerland in full-time
England to qualify

If we’re doing 3 at the back I’d prefer Trent on the right to trippier: better on the ball and passing.

Doesn't matter how you play lads you'll all be rewarded with a start again next week, so go out there and absolutely stink the place out.

Last edited:
Same players, ineffective left side, another laboured performance, this is going to be the usual goal drought methinks.

A boring game before an entertaining one tonight.

Can someone put this formation into a diagram please I'm struggling :lol:

Bloody hell that's horrendous by Southgate. Basically no changes after being crap all tournament.
In his head we can’t be playing crap.

otherwise how the hell can you look at this and not make any changes.

More defenders to give us more options when passing it around the back? Genius. I fear I may have jumped the gun in discrediting Southgate. Five defenders and five midfielders seeing as that’s mainly where you’ll find Kane. Might stick £50 on England scoring less than 2 goals if it lets me. Can see Switzerland getting a couple.

Supposedly this.

GRz-u1facAErdcp

Yeah cause two #10's has worked so well for everyone else who has tried it this tournament :boring:

Foden and kane should be nowhere near this team.

Cole Palmer is such a better fit.

Its your last tournament, people are giving you shit as it is, nothing you can do outside of winning it will give you a good send off. Why wouldnt you just throw in a gamble and change the side? What a ballless manager.

We'll still win today, because Southgate has to be the luckiest man on earth.

If it's a back three, now he just made the right side ineffective with Trippier only width on that side. The left side could be good if Saka plays well.

I guess he views Palmer as the super sub who can save the day when the starting line-up doesn't work.

I still predict England, though, 2-1.

well I'm excited for the game and let's get behind them until it becomes clear that it isn't working. If all of those players perform then we should be ok.

One booking away from a suspension for the potential semi-final:

England
Bellingham
Foden
Gallagher
Mainoo
Trippier

Switzerland
Freuler
Ndoye
Rodríguez
Sierro
Xhaka

Netherlands
Dumfries
Malen
Schouten

Turkey
Ayhan
Çelik
Güler
Günok
Müldür
Özkan
Yıldız
Çakır

England win but Foden gets a yellow card would be quite nice.

That's how I see it but if you're going that way you gotta start Trent ahead of trippier.

Maybe Trippier is preferred because that way if you swap your wide players around it switches easily into the 4231 should it be needed.

One of the two:

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Konsa, Tripper
Rice, Mainoo
Saka, Bellingham, Foden
Kane

or

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Konsa
Trippier, Rice, Mainoo, Saka
Foden, Bellingham