Premier League Gameweek 5

Tackles like that wouldn't even be a foul back in the day
Maybe, but not sure that's a good thing. It wasn't a good tackle, goes over the top of the ball and scissors Pedro's ankle. You have to be cleaner than that with your tackles these days.

Calafiori starting on the left, Timber on the right instead of White, no Jorginho but Havertz dropping back.
Wasn't overly confident before and even less now.

:lol: Basically what I think. Like Rugby, it's gonna take a generation or two to see the soft rules implemented into normality, MGW grew up when that tackle would have been celebrated, so hard to train stuff like that out of your muscle memory.

He grew up what? :lol: football has been soft since he was born.

Welbeck scored a great goal and has since missed two or three easy chances. Weird player.

Interesting stat mentioned by the commentator that this is the 4th time Brighton's opposition have had a red card in 7 matches this season.

Have I missed Arsenal's injury crisis already? The only player I see missing is Odegaard in today's lineup. Where's this crisis they speak of?
They're not used to injuries or suspensions so on the extremely rare instance they get one you don't hear the end of it.

He grew up what? :lol: football has been soft since he was born.

If he's over 20... then no it hasn't. It's not even a debate. *looks* - born in 2000, yeah Terry, Vidic, and others were celebrated for those tackles in his youth.

They're not used to injuries or suspensions so on the extremely rare instance they get one you don't hear the end of it.
Would be funny to see if they are forced to play their 6th choice CB alongside Rice in the defence. I don't even know who their 6th choice CB is supposed to be. :lol:

White not starting, what's the reason? Or is it just Arteta moving on to someone else like he randomly likes to do?

Dishing out cards just for fun.
That was just weird. Did I see wrong, or did he give one for CHO shrugging from across the field?

It almost looks like a collective PGMOL effort to normalize the behavior of Anthony Taylor so he can come out of hiding

Forest have started the season well. Should be clear of a relegation battle this season

That was just weird. Did I see wrong, or did he give one for CHO shrugging from across the field?

It almost looks like a collective PGMOL effort to normalize the behavior of Anthony Taylor so he can come out of hiding
CHO kicked the ball away just as the defender was about to collect it to take the free kick.

Costly points lost for Brighton.