Premier League Gameweek 5

The remit this year is just to stay up.

Dyche sounds like the man for that in one way, but I think he's actually burnt out as a manager. He's been fighting for too many years and this may be one too many.

It's stick or twist. I would twist ATM. Not sure who you'd be able to get in, but I'd consider you for manager over Dyche.

Villa keep on going under Emery.

That was pretty much a repeat of Wolves' game against Newcastle. Owned the first half, then capitulated in the second. If they had the money too I reckon GO'N would be sacked soon enough. But then they probably should have bought a defender instead of another bunch of midfielders.

Disagree with that. The relevance of results 12 months ago is minimal. If a team ends the season strongly, it’s far more likely that they will also reap the benefits at the start of the next season. That’s especially the case when the team is (largely) the same as last season, with the benefit of most of the players who were new last season now having bedded in.

Of course, Maresca is still doing a good job as he still has to fit together a very large squad. My only point was that he isn’t taking over a team that was in chaos before though - it was a team performing very well by the end of the season.
For me it's more illustrative to see the way a new manager assesses the talent and deploys them - and there can be no comparison between what Poch did last year and what Maresca has done thus far. People forget that Poch started the first 2 months of last season with Ben Chilwell playing left wing.

Dyche sounds like the man for that in one way, but I think he's actually burnt out as a manager. He's been fighting for too many years and this may be one too many.

It's stick or twist. I would twist ATM. Not sure who you'd be able to get in, but I'd consider you for manager over Dyche.
I mean that's exactly why it's a bad move to twist just yet. Dyche has his faults but he did manage to get this chaotic mess of a club to 48 points last season and it's a risk for both us and them.

Until we get an ownership change I'd be wary about changing manager.

That was pretty much a repeat of Wolves' game against Newcastle. Owned the first half, then capitulated in the second. If they had the money too I reckon GO'N would be sacked soon enough. But then they probably should have bought a defender instead of another bunch of midfielders.
Doubtful. He’s just signed a new contract. They love him.

Doubtful. He’s just signed a new contract. They love him.

They probably can't afford to either. I'm not sure if so e of the fans are turning to be honest. But their defense is shockingly naive some times

They've got a lot of money from player sales in recent years. I would have thought they have money if they need it. Part of why i expect them and a couple of others to be ok is i figured they would / could spend money in January if needed. You'd expect Mendes to throw a couple of good players wolves way for example.

They've got a lot of money from player sales in recent years. I would have thought they have money if they need it. Part of why i expect them and a couple of others to be ok is i figured they would / could spend money in January if needed. You'd expect Mendes to throw a couple of good players wolves way for example.

Cunha will be off next summer I imagine.

Wheels are going to come off when he does go.

All their stars are over 30. Let’s see how good slot can fill their slots when they leave.
4 players over 30. VVD, Alisson, and Salah can all play another 3 years so let’s put that to bed. The problem is if 2 out of those 3 are out for any period of time.

You’ve seen United now feck off home
Feels like half the league sing that these days. Hate to admit it but I heard City fans singing "you've seen the champions now feck off home" a few years before we adopted the chant.

What was Martinez thinking with that frog jump.

Great save by Onana.

What was Martinez thinking with that frog jump.

Great save by Onana.

He’s lucky he didn’t catch the Palace player. That was brain dead by Martinez. No idea what he was thinking.

Just seen a Palace handball though. Seen those given.

He’s lucky he didn’t catch the Palace player. That was brain dead by Martinez. No idea what he was thinking.

Just seen a Palace handball though. Seen those given.
Eze with another glorious miss.

That jump whatever it was was shockingly dumb. Not even sure what he was trying to achieve and he is lucky to not have made real contact with the player.

That's not a penalty for me...at least in the traditional sense. Seen weird ones like that called though indeed.

I've said it before but even when they play well (first half) Man. United just never look like scoring many goals v top or bottom in the league.

Can't see them finishing 4th or 5th for that reason even if they look more solid defensively.

No doubt there's about 20 threads debating this on the main forum so will take a look to see what the POV is.

I've said it before but even when they play well (first half) Man. United just never look like scoring many goals v top or bottom in the league.

Can't see them finishing 4th or 5th for that reason even if they look more solid defensively.

No doubt there's about 20 threads debating this on the main forum so will take a look to see what the POV is.
We couldn’t score in a motherfecking brothel.

For once Forest have signed quality over quantity. Their midfield looks really good now and Milenkovic and Alex Moreno are also great signings for the backline.

Should be nowhere near relegation.