Premier League Gameweek 5

Since when could welbeck take free kicks? What a goal

What a class goal from Welbeck, he’s having a great season so far

Welbeck is a really impressive player, goal aside.

Very happy for him that he's done so well. He had become a bit of a comical figure. In fairness, I do seem to remember him slipping a lot.

I really think that Joao Pedro is one of the best strikers in the league, such an unbelievably skilful player.

Have I missed Arsenal's injury crisis already? The only player I see missing is Odegaard in today's lineup. Where's this crisis they speak of?

Have I missed Arsenal's injury crisis already? The only player I see missing is Odegaard in today's lineup. Where's this crisis they speak of?
Ben White is on the bench. They'll be lucky to keep this within three goals.

Let me just have a go at a scissor tackle on a yellow real quick.

They gonna be throwing yellows out like there's no tomorrow for a few games thanks to our Butcher :lol:

Stupid from Gibbs-White. But Brighton also made a meal out of it.

What's Nuno raging over?! Gibbs-White lunged in like an idiot. I'd be more pissed off at my player for taking such a huge risk on a yellow.

I swear football players don’t have brain cells. When your on a yellow, how on earth can you think that would be a good tackle to try and make?

Mouthing off? He went ballistic
Remember when he got absolutely no punishment for fouling, mouthing off, kicking the ball away, and mouthing off again very soon after Dalot had been sent off for waving his arms about a couple of times? :lol:

Scrote of a player.

how is andy townsend seeing that second yellow as borderline I'll never know

The commentators were convinced it was not a yellow, because the ref indicated Gibbs-White got the call. The ref rightly changed his mind and the commentators just cannot change their mind, and decide to go in with their initial stand. That is a clear yellow and a borderline orange/red card. Commentators being idiots as always.

I think the complaint is the ref clearly gives a throw and says "he got the ball" and then suddenly changes his mind and gives a yellow. VAR can't advise on a yellow so it's not clear why the ref just changed his mind. I can understand the frustration.

Tackles like that wouldn't even be a foul back in the day

:lol: Basically what I think. Like Rugby, it's gonna take a generation or two to see the soft rules implemented into normality, MGW grew up when that tackle would have been celebrated, so hard to train stuff like that out of your muscle memory.