Premier League Gameweek 5

VAR utterly useless. How they didn't even check that?

It's not a red though. That's why they didn't VAR it. It's nonsense but that's what they're gonna say

I genuinely thought Ajer's yellow would've been rescinded after the ref checked with Var

He really hadn't. Picking up points at the tail end of the season when the opposition has less to play for is very obviously less relevant than a 1:1 comparison with how each season began

Disagree with that. The relevance of results 12 months ago is minimal. If a team ends the season strongly, it’s far more likely that they will also reap the benefits at the start of the next season. That’s especially the case when the team is (largely) the same as last season, with the benefit of most of the players who were new last season now having bedded in.

Of course, Maresca is still doing a good job as he still has to fit together a very large squad. My only point was that he isn’t taking over a team that was in chaos before though - it was a team performing very well by the end of the season.

Nunez is hilarious to watch :lol: As if he hits that straight at the defenders face on the line with the rest of the net open

The commentator here said something about the Vicario situation - he said that it matters where he has his feet, if those are inside the area he can handle the ball outside the area but not the other way around. Surely that can't be the rule? I think only the final touch was outside the box, and maybe VAR didn't deem that enough to warrant a red? Still confused as I thought that any handball by the keeper outside the box would be red.

How can a team managed by Sean Dyche be that shit at defending a corner?

Everton are gonna Everton.

Have Liverpool really only conceded the one goal this season so far?

The commentator here said something about the Vicario situation - he said that it matters where he has his feet, if those are inside the area he can handle the ball outside the area but not the other way around. Surely that can't be the rule? I think only the final touch was outside the box, and maybe VAR didn't deem that enough to warrant a red? Still confused as I thought that any handball by the keeper outside the box would be red.
It's where the ball is, not the keeper. Keeper's body could be outside the area but his hands on the ball in the area and that'd be fine. The reverse would mean keepers could stretch out of the box and grab the ball.

3-1 Spurs and that goal really sums up the difference between good and bad players. The Brentford player had an hour on the ball and an easy pass to his left. Just took forever and lost it and Spurs runs down the other end and scores.

It's where the ball is, not the keeper. Keeper's body could be outside the area but his hands on the ball in the area and that'd be fine. The reverse would mean keepers could stretch out of the box and grab the ball.
Yeah, that is what I would expect.

Newcastle have been absolute shit all season so far. About time a result actually reflected that.

Not a great day for us so far. Liverpool, villa, spurs and chelsea all winning/won.

Everton are gonna Everton.

Have Liverpool really only conceded the one goal this season so far?
Two if you include the Milan game. We should’ve conceded a goal today. Fell asleep second half.

Newcastle have been absolute shit all season so far. About time a result actually reflected that.
Damn, didn’t know they were this bad. As things stand, have 5/6 of the results right. Newcastle fecked my bet

Christ 13 mins of added time at Villa Park.

Still confused as I thought that any handball by the keeper outside the box would be red.
Just because keepers can handle it inside the area doesn't mean they're held to a different standard to everyone else outside of the box. It's only a red if they're denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.