Premier League Gameweek 5

Ndiaye is class. Honestly refreshing having such a quality on the ball player again.

Chelsea with 10 points after 5 games. Last season under Poch their first 5 games they only got 5 points.

Got 15 out of 15 in their last 5 games under Poch, which is surely more relevant. He’d made then a very good team by the end of the season.

So Newcastle still struggling. They were absolutely terrible last week as well.

Tottenham take the lead. Johnson with a tidy finish.

Unbeliveably lucky with how many points they've had so far.

Fair enough they had 10 men v Southampton for a long time in terms of performance but they should have lost. Bournemouth were the better team when they got a point there, fortunate to beat both Spurs and Wolves.

It's catching up with them today.

Got 15 out of 15 in their last 5 games under Poch, which is surely more relevant. He’d made then a very good team by the end of the season.
He really hadn't. Picking up points at the tail end of the season when the opposition has less to play for is very obviously less relevant than a 1:1 comparison with how each season began

Yeah, and Villa.

There's no way we should be finishing below those 2 or Spurs this season. Would be completely unacceptable.

Unbeliveably lucky with how many points they've had so far.

Fair enough they had 10 men v Southampton for a long time in terms of performance but they should have lost. Bournemouth were the better team when they got a point there, fortunate to beat both Spurs and Wolves.

It's catching up with them today.
Cant comment on others game as I didn't watch them but they didn't deserve their wins against Southampton and Wolves at all. Like you say, they've been incredibly lucky to sit on 10 points after 4 games.

I know, haven't faced anyone decent yet.

They made what should have been a hard fixture away to us look easy and an easy game at home to forest look hard by losing but overall yeah.

Ipswich away , Brentford Forest and bournemouth all at home in your first 5 fixtures is very gentle. Very fortunate for Slot to start with that.

I’m not worried about Liverpool at all. It’s a long season and the fixture list has been generous. I think there confidence is going to be fragile this season and given a couple of injuries they’re going to inevitably have a rough patch which I’m not convinced they will recover from like they often did with Klopp

Just seen that first goal from Diaz. What a clown show by Kepa. Wonder if he is generous enough to do that against us. :rolleyes:

I’m not worried about Liverpool at all. It’s a long season and the fixture list has been generous. I think there confidence is going to be fragile this season and given a couple of injuries they’re going to inevitably have a rough patch which I’m not convinced they will recover from like they often did with Klopp
I’m worried