PL Matchday 3 | 31/08/24 - 01/09/24

Joelinton really must have admired Paul Scholes when he was younger, obviously focussed too much on the wrong part of Scholes' game.

Yeah I think United, Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa and Chelsea are all around about the same level.

I'm assuming there'll be 5 Champions League spots this year but finishing 5th definitely won't be easy.

People assumed the same last year as well ;)

Don't think anyone would have predicted Germany and Italy to get the 5 spots.

Footballers are so thick sometimes. In the Palace game, CB makes a good interception on the halfway line, and starts rampaging through towards their box. He lays it off to the striker (?) who simply has to keep that ball, because your CB is so far out of position. He does not, insta goal the other way.

It's like when we're desperate for a goal and the FB tries a 'dink' cross the that the keeper catches. The dink cross has literally never worked in history, and yet here we are.

Unrelated, but when was the last time anyone saw a proper dinked chip goal. Kinda like the Cantona one against Sunderland.

Was thinking the same watching him play.

But then again Jackson was compared to Drogba at the beginning of last season in here

This Jackson/Drogba stuff has taken on a life of its own on the caf :lol:

A few tongue in cheek posts comparing their early stats was all it took for this get repeated again and again and again.

United, Spurs and Newcastle are the same level. Liverpool, Chelsea and Villa are a tier above.

Definitely need to see more consistency from Chelsea before I will accept anyone putting us a tier above other top 4-5 hopefuls. We have proven nothing yet.

Yea he might have pushed for it but he's easily good enough to get lot of games for them, especially now since they let Alvarez go too.
Well, jose let De Bruyne go, he ended at City. So circle completes I guess.

Imagine if Jose had any brain left, Salah and De Bruyne today would be playing for Chelsea!

Holy hell, spurs get to Newcastle's box then just pass it all away across from left to right multiple times, absolutely no plan B :lol:

Spurs and Newcastle playing like us being selfish.

Jesus Christ, that's a garbage goal to concede :lol:

Pope absolute dogshit, then Dan Burn just smashes it into his own net.

The way Spurs are dominating this half at one of the hardest away grounds in the league. Haven’t seen us do this in a long time.