PL Matchday 3 | 31/08/24 - 01/09/24

Why after 8 years have the City fans still not come up with a better song for the fraud than just shouting we've got Guardiola over and over again?

No team in the league has a player that can score a hattrick every week, they will win the league every year.

Not gonna lie, City might get 5 in a row, and people still doubt Halaand.

Not gonna lie, City might get 5 in a row, and people still doubt Halaand.
Still needs to do more at international level. It's almost unfair that all the top players have to play so many extra games and arrive at the start of the season trying to get match fit while Haaland sits on the beach because him and Odegaard can't be arsed with Norway.

Still baffled how we lost that yesterday. We were absolutely crusing for 80 minutes and Goodison was in such a good mood for once. Ndiaye was toying with Bournemouth all game and gave the fans a much needed confidence booster. Such a joy to watch.

:(

Still needs to do more at international level. It's almost unfair that all the top players have to play so many extra games and arrive at the start of the season trying to get match fit while Haaland sits on the beach because him and Odegaard can't be arsed with Norway.
What a delusional comment. Most of Norways team is ass 2 good players isn’t going to change much. He has 31 goals in 33 games and is 2 goals off being their highest scorer ever.

I know this is a United forum but self awareness is important. Halaand has 8 in 3 games. We don Know if any of our strikers will score 8 league goals this season.

Still baffled how we lost that yesterday. We were absolutely crusing for 80 minutes and Goodison was in such a good mood for once. Ndiaye was toying with Bournemouth all game and gave the fans a much needed confidence booster. Such a joy to watch.

That was painful to watch. It was the best you looked in a long while. I don’t know how the players get over that.

What a delusional comment. Most of Norways team is ass 2 good players isn’t going to change much. He has 31 goals in 33 games and is 2 goals off being their highest scorer ever.

I know this is a United forum but self awareness is important. Halaand has 8 in 3 games. We don Know if any of our strikers will score 8 league goals this season.

I totally agree. But is strange how Norway haven’t made a major tournament in ages. Not only Haaland but Ødegaard, Berge, Ryerson all very good players , Ødegaard being world class also. When you see teams like Albania, Georgia and Slovenia at major tournaments . Surprises me Norway haven’t made one. Is their management just useless?

I totally agree. But is strange how Norway haven’t made a major tournament in ages. Not only Haaland but Ødegaard, Berge, Ryerson all very good players , Ødegaard being world class also. When you see teams like Albania, Georgia and Slovenia at major tournaments . Surprises me Norway haven’t made one. Is their management just useless?
I don't know how good their manager is, but that's probably the main factor. But Norway's overall squad isn't very good. You've only named 5 players and that doesn't take you to a major tournament. I also disagree that Odegaard is world-class. All those other nations you mentioned have good players too, plus they were clearly well-coached.

It really was a bizarre game. I was following the BBC live text and saw the game on Match of the Day. If you cut out the final 10 minutes of the game, it looks like a routine, dominant win for Everton. The turning point looked like that coming together with Semenyo and...I want to say Keane? Seemed to fire the Bournemouth players up and they scored their first not too long afterwards.

It may be an early season thing, but the Everton midfield looked knackered right at the end of the game. Did Dyche make any subs there? Could be down to limited squad options, too? The Everton players looked like they hit a wall once that first Bournemouth goal went in and they ran out of steam.

It really was a bizarre game. I was following the BBC live text and saw the game on Match of the Day. If you cut out the final 10 minutes of the game, it looks like a routine, dominant win for Everton. The turning point looked like that coming together with Semenyo and...I want to say Keane? Seemed to fire the Bournemouth players up and they scored their first not too long afterwards.

It may be an early season thing, but the Everton midfield looked knackered right at the end of the game. Did Dyche make any subs there? Could be down to limited squad options, too? The Everton players looked like they hit a wall once that first Bournemouth goal went in and they ran out of steam.
Yep. You're right. That was a turning point.

They did and that was on Dyche. He should have brought Garner on. Not excusing that, I'm disappointed in Doucoure and Beto who came on. Just jogged about doing feck all.

Yep. You're right. That was a turning point.

They did and that was on Dyche. He should have brought Garner on. Not excusing that, I'm disappointed in Doucoure and Beto who came on. Just jogged about doing feck all.

It's up to Dyche now to lay into them and demand more. I imagine he'll be furious with them.

Just checked the fixture list and you've got Villa away next. Without trying to put a downer on things, I expect Villa to win that. Getting a point from that game would be huge for you guys.

Leicester away in the league after that. I think you'll win that one.

It's up to Dyche now to lay into them and demand more. I imagine he'll be furious with them.

Just checked the fixture list and you've got Villa away next. Without trying to put a downer on things, I expect Villa to win that. Getting a point from that game would be huge for you guys.

Leicester away in the league after that. I think you'll win that one.
If we play like we did yesterday against Leicester (without the obvious feck ups) I'd be surprised if we didn't win.

It is good that we have the international break after that though. Having to jump into another game would have been crap. Getting together, being able to regroup and hopefully get some players back and up to fitness should help.

For a moment thought that was Sancho

Newcastle vs Spurs should be interesting. Last 2 times at St James Park it was 6-1 and 4-0 for Newcastle. Many other high-scoring games recently between them as well (Spurs won 4-1 and 5-1 in London in 2022 and 2023). Home time seems to have big advantage often.

who's going to be the team not to score this weekend then

Racist cnut leading the Chelsea team out. Not a novelty of course, they've been there several times before.

I don't know how good their manager is, but that's probably the main factor. But Norway's overall squad isn't very good. You've only named 5 players and that doesn't take you to a major tournament. I also disagree that Odegaard is world-class. All those other nations you mentioned have good players too, plus they were clearly well-coached.
A bit of topic, but what the hell. I argue he would start for every team in the world, and I don't even think that's a stretch