PL Matchday 3 | 31/08/24 - 01/09/24

Chelsea back to factory setting as Palace have jammed the midfield.

They should have paraded all of their summer signings on matchday 1. Might've filled the Etihad.
That would've been hilarious, what with their actual team playing at Stamford Bridge.

Never seen an official get injured before.
United vs Sheffield Wednesday, 1993. 1-0 down. Ref does his hamstring. We get loads of added on time and Bruce scores 2. A result that basically won us our first PL title.

Footballers are so thick sometimes. In the Palace game, CB makes a good interception on the halfway line, and starts rampaging through towards their box. He lays it off to the striker (?) who simply has to keep that ball, because your CB is so far out of position. He does not, insta goal the other way.

It's like when we're desperate for a goal and the FB tries a 'dink' cross the that the keeper catches. The dink cross has literally never worked in history, and yet here we are.

Jackson is a very good player and started to find his finishing touch this calendar year.

Chelsea’s squad is too good not to be a threat and Enzo Maresca looks to have them creating chances at will.

Wonder how City fans must be feeling when they had a ready made replacement for De Bruyne at home and they let him go.
Seriously! Never understood the logic behind it. Perhaps Plamer pushed for it knowing at least next 3-4 years he won't be the first choice at City.

I think Chelsea have turned that corner making the top four fight very competitive.

Seriously! Never understood the logic behind it. Perhaps Plamer pushed for it knowing at least next 3-4 years he won't be the first choice at City.
Yea he might have pushed for it but he's easily good enough to get lot of games for them, especially now since they let Alvarez go too.

Wharton is just such a meh player. James Garner type talent, not sure what all the fuss is about him.

Wharton is just such a meh player. James Garner type talent, not sure what all the fuss is about him.
Was thinking the same watching him play.

But then again Jackson was compared to Drogba at the beginning of last season in here

I think Chelsea have turned that corner making the top four fight very competitive.

Yeah I think United, Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa and Chelsea are all around about the same level.

I'm assuming there'll be 5 Champions League spots this year but finishing 5th definitely won't be easy.

Yeah I think United, Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa and Chelsea are all around about the same level.

I'm assuming there'll be 5 Champions League spots this year but finishing 5th definitely won't be easy.
Liverpool are far better than Newcastle and Spurs

United, Spurs and Newcastle are the same level. Liverpool, Chelsea and Villa are a tier above.