PL Matchday 3 | 31/08/24 - 01/09/24

United playing with 4/5 of Ajax keeper and backline from Ten Hag's time there :lol:

Flat game. Man Utd players lacking some intensity in going into 50-50s

He genuinely looks like he doesn't give a feck. On the whole bar maybe one ten week spell he's been absolutely a terrible signing for United.
It's bizarre. First season he was decent despite some rubbish moments. Last and this season he looks like a grandad playing football.

Rubbish weekend.

Does anyone remember when we made these signings in 2011? Per, Arteta, Yossi Ben, Santos, Chu Yung Park....looked okay but dig beneath the surface and was much of nothingness beyond a Top 4 run. United's summer spree reminds me of this.

How Casemiro is at the club is baffling. Same for Dalot who's lost the ball most after Casemiro.

Last edited:
Is this where I dig up my posts saying you bought the wrong Dutch bald guy when Utd signed Ten Hag?

No?

They were playing Everton at home TBF.
And that means what exactly. They played him CF where hes been playing when not injured for a while

Casemiro should just call it a day. This is just sad seeing him like this nearly every week.

That was a bit funny...VvD waiting for Bruno to stop rolling on the ground to give him a gentle neck massage.

Scary thing for Man. United is Casemiro is still their third choice CM. They needed a window where he became 4th or 5th choice or was just sold.

One injury/suspension to Mainoo/Ugarte and he'll be back starting.

Why are Utd still playing Casemiro? Surely must have other options, he's finished with an F.

And that means what exactly. They played him CF where hes been playing when not injured for a while

You ask any Tottenham fan and pretty sure most of them would say they were missing a decent CF last season to replace Kane. Go check their forums, also see what they think of Richarlison, it's not favourable.

Levy is the main reason Tottenham are struggling. He doesn't invest enough in the squad, makes poor decisions on a regular basis. United fans would hate him.

Anyway, god we're crap. Don't look like troubling Liverpool at all.

Zirkzee and Casemiro should not return for the 2nd half.

Especially Zirkzee kind of shocked me. He's just not quick enough for this level. And not just on the ball, but he's just nowhere near the opposition goal during counters. He can play a role when United dominate perhaps, but he's not at this level.

You ask any Tottenham fan and pretty sure most of them would say they were missing a decent CF last season to replace Kane. Go check their forums, also see what they think of Richarlison, it's not favourable.

Levy is the main reason Tottenham are struggling. He doesn't invest enough in the squad, makes poor decisions on a regular basis. United fans would hate him.

Anyway, god we're crap. Don't look like troubling Liverpool at all.
Thats not the point. They bought Solanke and Richarlison is the backup. Arguing he is not the backup is a joke

Scary thing for Man. United is Casemiro is still their third choice CM. They needed a window where he became 4th or 5th choice or was just sold.

One injury/suspension to Mainoo/Ugarte and he'll be back starting.
Why are Utd still playing Casemiro? Surely must have other options, he's finished with an F.
Just like every other person (s) we've had managing transfers over the last 18-20 years, we've yet again considered the midfield area as an afterthought. It is the history of the Manchester United

Klopp the clown leaving was a blessing for Liverpool. They are much better under Slot. Looking back Klopp really bottled it last season but nobody in the media called it out.

Got a feeling the Odegaard/Bruno debate will stay quiet this week

Did no one want Eriksen either? Just seen he's still on the bench. One of my favourites to watch over last decade as I love midfield schemers but anyone can still in last year he can't do it in high tempo matches anymore and is at best a 15-20 minute impact sub.

Mainoo has rightly become an automatic pick with his performances but you can straight away see another Man. United season collapsing if he gets a 2-3 month injury with the other options available in that area.

Klopp the clown leaving was a blessing for Liverpool. They are much better under Slot. Looking back Klopp really bottled it last season but nobody in the media called it out.
I am not sure they have been that great. They have lost the ball a ton of times everywhere too. They just took two of ManUs gifts . They have not been near as bad as Man Utd, but I haven't seen a whole lot either.

Thats not the point. They bought Solanke and Richarlison is the backup. Arguing he is not the backup is a joke

I'm arguing he's crap, I'm also arguing that if Tottenham were a genuine team with genuine aspirations they'd have brought in a CF replacement for Kane last year. They didnt. They've now gone into another season by bringing in Solanke, but still relying on a player clearly not capable as a backup. So they're basically gambling on another season hoping that Solanke will be good because if not it'll be a repeat of last year.

They desperately needed two CFs this window. More so than 18 year old future talents. They're probably broke as feck because of the new stadium so they're utterly boned. They'll continue this season to be crap in the final third and probably result in him being sacked pretty quickly.

I'm arguing he's crap, I'm also arguing that if Tottenham were a genuine team with genuine aspirations they'd have brought in a CF replacement for Kane last year. They didnt. They've now gone into another season by bringing in Solanke, but still relying on a player clearly not capable as a backup. So they're basically gambling on another season hoping that Solanke will be good because if not it'll be a repeat of last year.

They desperately needed two CFs this window. More so than 18 year old future talents. They're probably broke as feck because of the new stadium so they're utterly boned. They'll continue this season to be crap in the final third and probably result in him being sacked pretty quickly.
He is crap

Does anyone remember when we made these signings in 2011? Per, Arteta, Yossi Ben, Santos, Chu Yung Park....looked okay but dig beneath the surface and was much of nothingness beyond a Top 4 run. United's summer spree reminds me of this.

How Casemiro is at the club is baffling. Same for Dalot who's lost the ball most after Casemiro.
Nah, they mostly signed genuinely good players, which they needed too. The main issues are
1) the coaching
2) they didn't/couldn't did enough for their midfield
3) they have decided to gamble on Mainoo to be on a Cesc Fabregas development curve. For a comparison, here's all the midfielders who became that good that early over the last 30 years:
1. Cesc Fabregas
...that's it.

Ten Hags tactic today "Just give the ball to Liverpool in midfield and let them score."
What the feck is going on? Liverpool 3-0 up without having to even make their own chances.

Impressive from Arne Slot. He really did build on from what Klopp left him. A very smart management style.

Nah, they mostly signed genuinely good players, which they needed too. The main issues are
1) the coaching
2) they didn't/couldn't did enough for their midfield
3) they have decided to gamble on Mainoo to be on a Cesc Fabregas development curve. For a comparison, here's all the midfielders who became that good that early over the last 30 years:
1. Cesc Fabregas
...that's it.
The players they have signed won't win them the title. They're only good for Top 4, was my analogy. The same as our spending then. The rest I totally agree with you.

I can’t believe Ten Hag got another season after how awful United were last season. :lol:

Was it the 14th best XG difference in the league?

Better hope Ugarte hit the ground running and Zirkzee has more to show. Glad we didn't pursue him in the end, he looks very sluggish and not that interested upfront.

The players they have signed won't win them the title. They're only good for Top 4, was my analogy. The same as our spending then. The rest I totally agree on you.
Ah sure then. But that was their aim, I mean they weren't winning the PL this season. They have a good base now. They need to add the stars

I can’t believe Ten Hag got another season after how awful United were last season. :lol:

Was it the 14th best XG difference in the league?
On the one hand his refusal to so much as consider slightly adapting to his players and focusing on results, instead of trying to be Klopp's BvB at any and all costs, as well as his transfer decisions have been a stable source of entertaiment and laughs, and seeing as I'm not a supporter of United, that is good for me.

On the other hand Arsenal accepted 2 years of this under Arteta, stuck with their guy and now they're probably the second best team on the planet, so...