'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

To be honest, I watched the game and after about 30 minutes I genuinely thought "People say Tottenham's stadium is amazing, but these new stadiums don't have much atmosphere" because all you could just about hear was very quiet Tottenham fans....... I then realised it was at City. Absolute disgrace of a fan base.

Pep will be stuck with the golden handcuffs though. The package he's on must be outrageous. Also not sure where else he would go? He's done Barca, Bayern and the PL. I can't really see him in Italy for some reason. Maybe he'd go to PSG but again that would be the money option and I'd be quite disappointed in him...... Or would he go to Newcastle after Howe?

Hopefully he can’t get a reaction out of the players or the fans because he appears to be on the verge.

I really hope he continues to have more public meltdowns

Hopefully we see him naked and shouting at traffic in the centre of Manchester

To be honest, I watched the game and after about 30 minutes I genuinely thought "People say Tottenham's stadium is amazing, but these new stadiums don't have much atmosphere" because all you could just about hear was very quiet Tottenham fans....... I then realised it was at City. Absolute disgrace of a fan base.

Pep will be stuck with the golden handcuffs though. The package he's on must be outrageous. Also not sure where else he would go? He's done Barca, Bayern and the PL. I can't really see him in Italy for some reason. Maybe he'd go to PSG but again that would be the money option and I'd be quite disappointed in him...... Or would he go to Newcastle after Howe?

I have thought this for a while, the reason City at home isn't that hard compare to going to other stadiums is because of the crowd.

When Liverpool are in that position, a big game under lights, Anfield isn't easy, even Emirates now, when the team is doing well and entertaining, the atmosphere is electric.

Have a look at OT with glimpses of good performances, its buzzing and its the reason why home becomes a fortress.

The way Pep and City play, they do deserve a better fan base supporting them, its a shame. This is why City do falter when they go away in CL, they dont experience that atmosphere all the time.

City’s style isn’t exciting though, they win but they’re so sterile and boring to watch. Not defending their awful crowd, but watching such a robotic team full of players who seem so lacking any sort of charisma does put you to sleep.

It's really a long stretch to compare winning the league with Bayern, PSG or even Juve to winning the PL with City. I'd would say it's night and day more difficult to do it in the PL. Not to mention the other cups he won for them.
The guy won the league 4 times in 5 years, I wonder when will another manager do that.
Not winning the CL is not a disaster like many imply. Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea, is he better than Guardiola? Tuchel won it recently and got the sack soon after. Ferguson only did it twice in 26 years and he's still regarded as the best manager in history.

He's the no 1 manager out there, regardless of how much City spent.
History will recall him as a serial winner without mentioning the fact that he spent 100 or 200 mil more than the opposition.
Great manager but he has some obvious flaws. I agree that he's the best of his generation but he also takes some really comfy jobs.

Also watching him losing the title to his apprentice is highly amusing

Hilarious some of the excuses they’re coming up with over on Bluemoon to explain their lack of atmosphere. Blaming light shows, acoustics and tourists! :lol:

The brass neck they have as well to claim other clubs fans are shite when their own ground is a fecking library. “Pep is right, your fans are shite!”

Hilarious some of the excuses they’re coming up with over on Bluemoon to explain their lack of atmosphere. Blaming light shows, acoustics and tourists! :lol:

The brass neck they have as well to claim other clubs fans are shite when their own ground is a fecking library. “Pep is right, your fans are shite!”

There's always so many tourists because none of the 'real' City fans are buying the tickets. :D

City’s style isn’t exciting though, they win but they’re so sterile and boring to watch. Not defending their awful crowd, but watching such a robotic team full of players who seem so lacking any sort of charisma does put you to sleep.
Which is funny because City is by far the most entertaining side Pep has managed. Barcelona were horrific.

I’m fully with you mind, sterile is exactly how I describe it too, it’s all very neat and precise with nothing to get you excited.

There's always so many tourists because none of the 'real' City fans are buying the tickets. :D

Yeah it’s the tourists. All those cheap tickets and empty seats. I mean if it wasn’t for these tourists just how empty would the place be?!

More tourists than local fans you see.

The club has zero identity anymore.

Yeah it’s the tourists. All those cheap tickets and empty seats. I mean if it wasn’t for these tourists just how empty would the place be?!

More tourists than local fans you see.

The club has zero identity anymore.

It’s funny, as the only identity they’ve ever had was being shit.

It's really a long stretch to compare winning the league with Bayern, PSG or even Juve to winning the PL with City. I'd would say it's night and day more difficult to do it in the PL. Not to mention the other cups he won for them.
The guy won the league 4 times in 5 years, I wonder when will another manager do that.
Not winning the CL is not a disaster like many imply. Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea, is he better than Guardiola? Tuchel won it recently and got the sack soon after. Ferguson only did it twice in 26 years and he's still regarded as the best manager in history.

History will recall him as a serial winner without mentioning the fact that he spent 100 or 200 mil more than the opposition.
They also have cheated more than any club in PL history by been backed by an oil state.

Doesn’t take away from what a great manager he is/was but end of the day you have to put an asterisk over many of those league titles.

Liverpool for example as much as we dislike them got utterly robbed of 2 league titles via that vanity project. We celebrated it as United fans because everyone knows City don’t count or matter but it’s not the point.

Football has always just rewarded the people who buy it. Nothing about club history or number of fans when you are owned by a country. It’s the ultimate cheat.

He’ll end up managing the Qatar national side or something strange. He’ll be searching for the international equivalent of City in a few years. Take the petrol dollars no questions asked is his obvious mentality.

I would love to see him back at Barcelona but it will never happen. He’ll expect every club to bend over backwards for him and can’t see Barcelona agreeing to it.

They also have cheated more than any club in PL history by been backed by an oil state.

Doesn’t take away from what a great manager he is/was but end of the day you have to put an asterisk over many of those league titles.

Liverpool for example as much as we dislike them got utterly robbed of 2 league titles via that vanity project. We celebrated it as United fans because everyone knows City don’t count or matter but it’s not the point.

Football has always just rewarded the people who buy it. Nothing about club history or number of fans when you are owned by a country. It’s the ultimate cheat.

Well, I see things a little differently, for me it does little difference where money is from. If it's from Quatar, USA, UK or the Moon, money is money and big investment will always help to be successful.
Us and Chelsea spent roughly the same amount on transfers and salaries as they did and the trophies and rewards were not at the same level. And that's what really matters at the end of the day.
If City had Van Gaal, Moyes or Ole at the wheel in the past decade I wonder how many trophies would have won.

He’ll end up managing the Qatar national side or something strange. He’ll be searching for the international equivalent of City in a few years. Take the petrol dollars no questions asked is his obvious mentality.

I would love to see him back at Barcelona but it will never happen. He’ll expect every club to bend over backwards for him and can’t see Barcelona agreeing to it.

Yea possibly the Spain national team. If I had to put money on his next job after City, I'd probably say PSG.

My pop psychology explanation for why their fans/atmosphere is so shit has always been, because their older fans had a sense of identity rooted in being an underdog, the local people's club for the ones who didn't choose glory, blah blah blah.

It's totally antithetical to what they are as a club now.

Chelsea's success might also be hollow but at least it doesn't require cognitive dissonance with a previous sense of self, which is what City's fans are being asked to do.

They probably coped with it in the earlier years (and it's no surprise Etihad atmospheres were notably better, if still not great, between 2008-13) by still framing themselves as insurgents who just happened to have the backing of money, and were using it to upset the established order and stick it to United, etc.

Now those days have passed and they're the ones setting records and being far clear of their rivals for most of the last decade, it's an empty kind of fun, fun to watch but not really something that's easy to identify with, and borderline impossible to identify the 'old' City within.

And some tourists and a few broccoli-headed kids that have only known the 'new' City aren't going to replace them. They have their own issues - having never known adversity which is also a passion killer all of its own.

You prefer the trophies and money though?

This is what happens when you manufacture success the way you have. Literally nothing left of the old city from Maine Road these days. Even your stadium wasn’t purpose built and was for the commonwealth games.

Bless my soul. Derby day at Maine Road. Red half of the Kippax was a fun place to be. In the days leading up to the match, the MEN would have David Meek and Peter Gardiner crossing swords in their respective columns, Allison and Doyle would be gobbing off about how they were going to maul us, while our lot kept a dignified silence. They always were noisy neighbours.

Such a plastic club. Fake fans that only support when you’re winning but boo when losing at halve time! That’s the difference between them and us. We are always behind our team. They’ve been treated to success for a few years and now they think they have to win everything :lol: Even there own manager saying they was quiet for 45 mins. They’re a nothing club. Not worth mentioning in the same sentence as us.

Pep is a great manager sure, but his teams are what you end up with if you're interested in finding out how close to footballing perfection a manager and team can get, given ideal conditions. So history will always mention the caveat that he spent a lot more than the opposition. No one's forgetting that!

It's like Eliud Kipchoge breaking the 2 hour barrier with special shoes, supporting runners, a pacekeeping laser, on a completely flat terrain. It was interesting to watch because we wanted to know, given ideal conditions, is it humanly possible to achieve this. And we found out, and it was cool and everything. But it's obviously not the same as an actual marathon record or even a win.

A lot of people's wishfull thinking on display here. He is just trying to galvanise support for the 2nd part of the season.

He has done the "don't recognise this team" rhetoric every time we have been regressing a bit, it seems tactical from him. I don't think we will catch Arsenal but I wouldn't be surprised if we did either

A lot of people's wishfull thinking on display here. He is just trying to galvanise support for the 2nd part of the season.

He has done the "don't recognise this team" rhetoric every time we have been regressing a bit, it seems tactical from him. I don't think we will catch Arsenal but I wouldn't be surprised if we did either

Did he periodically slam Barca and Bayern’s non-existent support as well?

He looks genuinely depressed, the last two years he looks more and more like Michael Jordan in that scene from Space Jam where he’s being held captive and forced to play basketball for eternity..

Just let him go.. he’s given you enough hints that he’s bored off his tits..
I suppose the problem is, who replaces him?.. there’s nobody else good enough currently, If City were smart they’d be laying the foundations to move in a different direction next year

Which of City's ex-players that spent nearly their whole careers there talk about City passionately today? I can think of Kompany, then older crew like Goater. I'm talking about passion like Cantona, Keane, Evra, Schmeical, etc?

My mind never flicks to David Silva, Aguero, etc, because they're never in the news. And you can just imagine the likes of KdB and Haaland taking the money and running as far away as possible when their time to retire approaches.

If players and ex-players can't muster up enthusiasm then what do they expect of a fanbase that had always traditionally been downtrodden and grumpy? Now Pep seems to have had enough of this shit. He certainly won't fondly remember his time at City other than stats and (secret) bank balances. No sympathy for him obviously, he made his bed.

You know that guy who says "trust me I'm over that girl, I don't care about her at all", yet says this all the time? And you think, "yeah he cares about her a lot"?

"The lady doth protest too much" vibes?

Yeah, that's the last 2 pages of this thread. Or a good amount of United fans on City in general. :)

Actually, I remember when we played them in 06-07 and Ronaldo scored that penalty against them. The idea of no one caring about them held more weight then... Now it's mostly cognitive dissonance.

Did he periodically slam Barca and Bayern’s non-existent support as well?
I have no idea, but considering he only really managed them for one cycle while he is in arguably his third one at City it never really risked getting stale at any of them.

Don't get me wrong, our home support is nothing to shout home about, but it isn't so out of the norm as it is presented as. Arsenal has been praised in this thread but The Emirates were a library for about 15 years until Arteta started getting it right, Anfield were far away from living up to their reputation on a weekly basis until Klopp showed up, Chelsea's home support has never been anything special.

Supporters on a whole still largely respond to hope, passion and perceived injustice. It were relatively buzzing when we started winning again, but after the amount of trophies coupled with Pep's controlling style of football that is either complete domination or bordering on sterile it doesn't really make for a passionate and hopefull atmosphere every week.

Our away support is pretty good though

Well, I see things a little differently, for me it does little difference where money is from. If it's from Quatar, USA, UK or the Moon, money is money and big investment will always help to be successful.
Us and Chelsea spent roughly the same amount on transfers and salaries as they did and the trophies and rewards were not at the same level. And that's what really matters at the end of the day.
If City had Van Gaal, Moyes or Ole at the wheel in the past decade I wonder how many trophies would have won.

Try playing a football manager game in cheat mode and see how utterly pointless and boring it gets.

You may not care where the money comes from but for me it should be money generated from football. Man Utd and other clubs have never had someone come in when they were shite and throw money at them, no man utd have been successful in footballing terms and capitalised on that FOOTBALL success commercially but it was all built
from football success.

The likes of City, Chelsea, Newcastle, (Blackburn briefly) were all utter shite and just had people come in and throw money at them which was not generated on the back of any of their previous FOOTBALL successes (well it couldn’t have been as they were all shite).

Much as I hate pool, I at least respect it when they have success because they have built their foundations kn football success, as far as I am concerned current city don’t really count.

Which of City's ex-players that spent nearly their whole careers there talk about City passionately today? I can think of Kompany, then older crew like Goater. I'm talking about passion like Cantona, Keane, Evra, Schmeical, etc?

My mind never flicks to David Silva, Aguero, etc, because they're never in the news. And you can just imagine the likes of KdB and Haaland taking the money and running as far away as possible when their time to retire approaches.

If players and ex-players can't muster up enthusiasm then what do they expect of a fanbase that had always traditionally been downtrodden and grumpy? Now Pep seems to have had enough of this shit. He certainly won't fondly remember his time at City other than stats and (secret) bank balances. No sympathy for him obviously, he made his bed.

Zabaleta and Micah Richards, though you can also tell the latter grew up a Gooner.

Only just found they booed their team at half time. He has every right to criticise the entitled cnuts they call fans if so.

Genuinely think he hates the fact he’s at City. He’s probably only still there because he has the challenge of the most competitive league in the world and challenge of winning the Champions League combined with lots of cash and a cheat code to assemble as strong a team as possible.

I doubt there’s any real affection for the club itself.

You know that guy who says "trust me I'm over that girl, I don't care about her at all", yet says this all the time? And you think, "yeah he cares about her a lot"?

"The lady doth protest too much" vibes?

Yeah, that's the last 2 pages of this thread. Or a good amount of United fans on City in general. :)

Actually, I remember when we played them in 06-07 and Ronaldo scored that penalty against them. The idea of no one caring about them held more weight then... Now it's mostly cognitive dissonance.

Most people have coherent thoughts and can evaluate why they feel a certain way. When Liverpool win something I hate it, but can give them credit. Klopp has done a fantastic job operating within certain restraints.

Anyone who says it effects them in a similar way when City win something would surprise me a lot. It looks and feels hollow. Even if you don’t agree with the criticisms of how they have done things.

You have some very pro-City opinions, but just because you don’t feel that way, you can’t deny people the right to feel apathetic about their successes.

It is a pretty obvious conclusion to me when you consider how they have operated and the artificial advantages they have.

No protesting too much, just general annoyance that it’s allowed to happen. That sentiment can co-exist with one of general apathy at their successes.

Most people have coherent thoughts and can evaluate why they feel a certain way. When Liverpool win something I hate it, but can give them credit. Klopp has done a fantastic job operating within certain restraints.

Anyone who says it effects them in a similar way when City win something would surprise me a lot. It looks and feels hollow. Even if you don’t agree with the criticisms of how they have done things.

You have some very pro-City opinions, but just because you don’t feel that way, you can’t deny people the right to feel apathetic about their successes.

It is a pretty obvious conclusion to me when you consider how they have operated and the artificial advantages they have.

No protesting too much, just general annoyance that it’s allowed to happen. That sentiment can co-exist with one of general apathy at their successes.

Mate, it's @adexkola. He opens a thread at random, sees what everybody else is saying, and says the opposite. Don't bother.