'Pep' Guardiola sack watch

If it didn't matter he'd have joined you instead of us.
Anyway eras come to an end or whatever. I'm sure just like Jose and Ole, it won't be long till ETH drives him out of this souless club.

He took the money. You know that. Let’s not pretend anything else.

Clever Pep. Money and success or Ed Woodward? He'd have been an idiot not to really.

I mean some city fans really don’t believe Pep moved to city for anything other than money? Surely not that naive..

His repeated comments about the fans over the years shows he knows this isn’t a big club. I mean I’m sure he’s happy/has been happy but the club is bottom of his CV in terms of history, prestige and size.

It's understandable Pep. You can coach our reserves if you like and maybe at some point you can be assistant manager if Schteve decides to retire.

All he's known is big important clubs, with rich history and huge fanbases. It's a bit silly to think he came to Manchester City and not noticed the huge difference almost instantly.

The city fanbase looked and acted great when they were shite in the lower divisions. They've acted like a wet fart since they became a 'big club' though.

Honestly, if everton had that team and success Goodison would be jam packed and bouncing.

The city fanbase looked and acted great when they were shite in the lower divisions. They've acted like a wet fart since they became a 'big club' though.

Honestly, if everton had that team and success Goodison would be jam packed and bouncing.

It would.

City are an embarrassment

I mean some city fans really don’t believe Pep moved to city for anything other than money? Surely not that naive..

His repeated comments about the fans over the years shows he knows this isn’t a big club. I mean I’m sure he’s happy/has been happy but the club is bottom of his CV in terms of history, prestige and size.

When your cv is Barcelona, Bayern Munich and City of course City is bottom. Theres only one club in England who are at that level and would sit in that cv in terms of pedigree and it sure ain't City its Liverpool

Comparing United’s support to City’s? Really?
There have been plenty of times in the past where fans have said OT was like a garvaeyard and didn't come alive until United did something, it's been like that at the Emirates as well

It's not a comparison of fteams ans it's to basically a description of a lot of football fans at games today

Its weird whats happened our support in the last 15 years, I think the problem is its the same 30k who were with us in the championship and then alot who kinda just go because we have superstars as opposed to being really City fans. That combined with some of the cheesy corporate nonsense we pull (like the "If youre happy and you know it clap your hands" stuff) and the tunnel stuff, everything is just super sterile.

Its weird whats happened our support in the last 15 years, I think the problem is its the same 30k who were with us in the championship and then alot who kinda just go because we have superstars as opposed to being really City fans. That combined with some of the cheesy corporate nonsense we pull (like the "If youre happy and you know it clap your hands" stuff) everything is just super sterile.
Just say it - the plastics!

I'm old enough to remember the Peter Swales era and nobody can say that City fans were a politely clap their hands lot in those days!!

When your cv is Barcelona, Bayern Munich and City of course City is bottom. Theres only one club in England who are at that level and would sit in that cv in terms of pedigree and it sure ain't City its Liverpool

Yeah Liverpool and United are by far more elite than City. I think everyone knows that. You can see it in Peps face when he visits Old Trafford and Anfield on each occasion.

I imagine if he gets a CL at City he’s gone. Literally the only thing keeping him there and wouldn’t surprise me if he’s due a big pay out if he makes it happen.

Its weird whats happened our support in the last 15 years, I think the problem is its the same 30k who were with us in the championship and then alot who kinda just go because we have superstars as opposed to being really City fans. That combined with some of the cheesy corporate nonsense we pull (like the "If youre happy and you know it clap your hands" stuff) and the tunnel stuff, everything is just super sterile.

You prefer the trophies and money though?

This is what happens when you manufacture success the way you have. Literally nothing left of the old city from Maine Road these days. Even your stadium wasn’t purpose built and was for the commonwealth games.

Yeah Liverpool and United are by far more elite than City. I think everyone knows that. You can see it in Peps face when he visits Old Trafford and Anfield on each occasion.

I imagine if he gets a CL at City he’s gone. Literally the only thing keeping him there and wouldn’t surprise me if he’s due a big pay out if he makes it happen.

I'm sure he looks longingly at Ed Woodwards Disneyland and thinks "Why did I turn down this mediocrity".
Of course he'll get a big pay out. Whether he wins it remains to be seen, he's not winning this season thats for sure.

I'm sure he looks longingly at Ed Woodwards Disneyland and thinks "Why did I turn down this mediocrity".
Of course he'll get a big pay out. Whether he wins it remains to be seen, he's not winning this season thats for sure.

You don’t think Pep would have been successful at United during that period? Interesting!

Just say it - the plastics!

I'm old enough to remember the Peter Swales era and nobody can say that City fans were a politely clap their hands lot in those days!!

Long gone days, honestly I'm not one to talk I've only been to the Etihad once since we moved there (side effects of having moved to Ireland), I used to go to Maine Road 2 or 3 times a year.
So yeah criticising from afar probably isn't the best look.

You don’t think Pep would have been successful at United during that period? Interesting!

He would but he'd still have come second to whoever was in charge of City. As Jose said "2nd is quite the achievement at United"
Anyway buddy its been fun, bed time for me, off to Poland so you'll all get another week of peace from the morning.

Pep is City he is their identity and style of play and driving force, once he checks out and leaves there will be a huge gap for a team or teams to go ahead of them especially as their wealth isn’t going to be so special in the coming years with us and Liverpool coming into cash soon, Chelsea with incredible backing and Toon being the richest of the lot.

Liverpool?

Long gone days, honestly I'm not one to talk I've only been to the Etihad once since we moved there (side effects of having moved to Ireland), I used to go to Maine Road 2 or 3 times a year.
So yeah criticising from afar probably isn't the best look.
Well I moved even further, 4000 miles to the US, haven't been to OT for years, mind you I used to see it every day 'cos I used to work about 100 yards away! Went to Maine Rd plenty, all my Dad's family are City fans so they'd take me now and then when I was a kid + when I went as an away fan later on

@padr81 @BlueMoonOutcast

Pep again going after your fans. Really interesting as it keeps happening.

Strange to see a manager so much bigger than the club and openly know and flaunt it.

Our away fans are good but yeah the home crowd can be quiet.

Doesn't help our football for several games now has been absolutely godawful, so what are we meant to be excited about?

They deserved to the boos after that first half.

Our away fans are good but yeah the home crowd can be quiet.

Doesn't help our football for several games now has been absolutely godawful, so what are we meant to be excited about?

They deserved to the boos after that first half.
Like I said earlier, today's fans expect something to happen instead of trying to make it happen

Can't speak for today as I didn't see it

He seems to go on a rant about how shite the City fans are at least once a season but what does he expect?

It's City, they have loads of money and they win loads of games but they're still not a big club and they don't have a lot of fans. It is what it is, surely he knows by now what the score is.

Citys ground is full and loud for one game a season and that's against Utd.

He hates the club, but nobody else in Europe would have tolerated his lack of European success - Bayern, Juve etc, and even another Arab club in PSG sack managers for only delivering expected league titles without the UCL.

He refused United post-Ferguson because it was a difficult rebuild job, and obviously the turds Klopp has been polishing at Liverpool wouldn’t be of any use to him, but they’re the two clubs you know he wishes he could have taken over if all the odds were stacked in his favor

He even turned down City until they’d found a way to cheat FFP - interestingly they didn’t appeal when Mangala, Bony, Navas and Fernando were the transfer options.

Everything he’s won at City, he should have - the depth of quality he’s had is unprecedented, and two other managers have also won the title and domestic cups before him, with worse squads.

But because of this, he’s hilariously been stuck there - if he’d have left after 3/4 years as he initially intended to, whoever succeeded him would have also collected the same pots with that talent, putting his ‘achievements’ into context. They’d probably have outdone him in Europe too.

He low key probably wanted UEFA to nuke the club with the FFP sanctions, and likely feels the same way about the ongoing Premier League investigation - an exodus of talent so he can back door it safe in the knowledge that the next guy doesn’t eclipse his relatively moderate success.

He hates the club, but nobody else in Europe would have tolerated his lack of European success - Bayern, Juve etc, and even another Arab club in PSG sack managers for only delivering expected league titles without the UCL.

He refused United post-Ferguson because it was a difficult rebuild job, and obviously the turds Klopp has been polishing at Liverpool wouldn’t be of any use to him, but they’re the two clubs you know he wishes he could have taken over if all the odds were stacked in his favor

He even turned down City until they’d found a way to cheat FFP - interestingly they didn’t appeal when Mangala, Bony, Navas and Fernando were the transfer options.

Everything he’s won at City, he should have - the depth of quality he’s had is unprecedented, and two other managers have also won the title and domestic cups before him, with worse squads.

But because of this, he’s hilariously been stuck there - if he’d have left after 3/4 years as he initially intended to, whoever succeeded him would have also collected the same pots with that talent, putting his ‘achievements’ into context. They’d probably have outdone him in Europe too.

He low key probably wanted UEFA to nuke the club with the FFP sanctions, and likely feels the same way about the ongoing Premier League investigation - an exodus of talent so he can back door it safe in the knowledge that the next guy doesn’t eclipse his relatively moderate success.

Im no Pep fan but this is a whole load of assumptions here!

Clever Pep. Money and success or Ed Woodward? He'd have been an idiot not to really.
While I agree 100% he should not have joined us “United” due to our toxic ownership. The fact he has been at City longer than Barcelona is a joke.

You still are yet to win the champions league which is poor really and your squad is coming to its end of cycle. Time he left surely as unlike Sir Alex in his early years at United Pep has had everything needed to win in Europe.

More than enough in fact. It was harder not to win the thing.

He should just go back to Barcelona and help them out after their struggles but we all know Pep like’s the petro dollars more than Barcelona. That’s incredibly sad too because he will be remembered for his days at Barcelona not City.

He’ll end up doing some other middle east “project” like manage the Qatar national side when he’s done at your club and that is sad for football.

Didnt City buy Peps brother a football club? No wonder he joined them over United.

No way did he say this, hahaha

Not surprised. Think I made a comment along the lines of “what the feck is this atmosphere” to my mate during the first half .
It was bizarre, like testimonial type. Thought after the derby defeat there’d be some encouragement but it was dead as. Almost like everyone there was being inconvenienced.

Never heard him gloat about his success before. 11 league titles in 14 years. Maybe he should have mentioned how many came at Bayern and then having unlimited spending power at City too.

I find it interesting that City fans don’t think he’d of been successful at United.

They must really think anyone could do the job he has with their money.

If it didn't matter he'd have joined you instead of us.
Anyway eras come to an end or whatever. I'm sure just like Jose and Ole, it won't be long till ETH drives him out of this souless club.
He joined you cause of the money, not cause it mattered.

It's really a long stretch to compare winning the league with Bayern, PSG or even Juve to winning the PL with City. I'd would say it's night and day more difficult to do it in the PL. Not to mention the other cups he won for them.
The guy won the league 4 times in 5 years, I wonder when will another manager do that.
Not winning the CL is not a disaster like many imply. Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea, is he better than Guardiola? Tuchel won it recently and got the sack soon after. Ferguson only did it twice in 26 years and he's still regarded as the best manager in history.

He's the no 1 manager out there, regardless of how much City spent.
History will recall him as a serial winner without mentioning the fact that he spent 100 or 200 mil more than the opposition.

It's really a long stretch to compare winning the league with Bayern, PSG or even Juve to winning the PL with City. I'd would say it's night and day more difficult to do it in the PL. Not to mention the other cups he won for them.
The guy won the league 4 times in 5 years, I wonder when will another manager do that.
Not winning the CL is not a disaster like many imply. Di Matteo won the Champions League with Chelsea, is he better than Guardiola? Tuchel won it recently and got the sack soon after. Ferguson only did it twice in 26 years and he's still regarded as the best manager in history.

He's the no 1 manager out there, regardless of how much City spent.
History will recall him as a serial winner without mentioning the fact that he spent 100 or 200 mil more than the opposition.

Pep has won 4 titles in 6 years and not 4 in 5 years.