Paul Pogba - Juventus player | ban reduced - able to play competitively from March 2025

Genius. The vision and variety I've not seen a passer like him and Becks/Scholes are my idols

Last edited:

Genius. The vision and variety I've not seen a passer like him and Becks/Scholes are my idols

I'm a big fan of France NT's Pogba. It's true that he's like watching an art there.

Last edited:

Wonder why Scholes has always been frustrated by him then:

Scholes: "He'll be 35 and doing the same stupid stuff .. where he will stud roll the ball trying to show how strong he is, how skillfull he is..the biggest thing with Paul is his concentration, he goes away with the fairies at times."
Ferdinand: "A bit sloppy and a bit slack..[]..just sharpen up, play 1 or 2 touch."

Yeah I think I will take Paul Scholes' word about the quality of a midfield player above just about anyone in the world. He wasn't picking on just this one performance. Everything he said about Pogba here was his overall summation of him as a player.

To be clear, the issue has never been Pogba's talent. He is capable of the sublime. The issue is his footballing intelligence, the knowledge of when to try and keep the ball and when to release it. He will never be in Scholes or Eriksen's league because of lacking in that very important midfield attribute.

Still would have loved him in the role Eriksen is currently playing. Plenty of times Pogba put in similar performances, if not, better, yet because its Pogba, for some reason people expected 3 goals and 3 assists every game.

The fact that we've had to play Eriksen in most of our games tells us that ten Hag is desperate for another creative midfielder. Pogba obviously would have been ideal but it wasn't meant to be. Think we need to go all out for Jude Bellingham.
Pogba spent most of his career here being played in that role. That was the issue.

He was capable of having brilliant matches there which is why you are technically correct in saying that Pogba had plenty of matches where he was as good or better than what Eriksen has done. But for every truly great match there, he'd have three average and one terrible. He was never capable of being consistent in that role.

Pogba would have loved to have played as the third midfielder next to Eriksen and a DM. So he'd be playing instead of Bruno in the current set-up, not Eriksen.

Wonder why Scholes has always been frustrated by him then:

Scholes: "He'll be 35 and doing the same stupid stuff .. where he will stud roll the ball trying to show how strong he is, how skillfull he is..the biggest thing with Paul is his concentration, he goes away with the fairies at times."
Ferdinand: "A bit sloppy and a bit slack..[]..just sharpen up, play 1 or 2 touch."

Yeah I think I will take Paul Scholes' word about the quality of a midfield player above just about anyone in the world. He wasn't picking on just this one performance. Everything he said about Pogba here was his overall summation of him as a player.

To be clear, the issue has never been Pogba's talent. He is capable of the sublime. The issue is his footballing intelligence, the knowledge of when to try and keep the ball and when to release it. He will never be in Scholes or Eriksen's league because of lacking in that very important midfield attribute.

I know all that. Was referring to his passing ability, not even sure he's still the same player though. And not our issue anymore. Scholes the player is in a different league.

Still would have loved him in the role Eriksen is currently playing. Plenty of times Pogba put in similar performances, if not, better, yet because its Pogba, for some reason people expected 3 goals and 3 assists every game.

The fact that we've had to play Eriksen in most of our games tells us that ten Hag is desperate for another creative midfielder. Pogba obviously would have been ideal but it wasn't meant to be. Think we need to go all out for Jude Bellingham.
Pogba, I would guess, is nice guy to go and eat and chat with. As a player I wouldnt trust him 10%. A good performance 1/10 games is not good enough. Average player that somehow got reputation as a star, mostly beacuse of social media. I wish him good luck playing in other clubs.

This thread is gonna get good in the knock out stages of the Europa League.

Right now I'm just annoyed that the World Cup will disrupt the season and we'll only have a few weeks of club football. So, I'm not looking forward to the World Cup. However, after the openingsceremony I think I will be sucked into the whole World Cup mania.

Right now I'm just annoyed that the World Cup will disrupt the season and we'll only have a few weeks of club football. So, I'm not looking forward to the World Cup. However, after the openingsceremony I think I will be sucked into the whole World Cup mania.

Wrong thread?

Wrong thread?
Not necessarily, where was Pogba when they awarded WC to Qatar? Did he oppose that choice, have you heard any criticism from his side?
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2Fb6afd2815e80e87c111cb69a8a72cc28.png

Feel free to delete this if it's off topic, but I just found it rather amusing. Apparently he and Neymar have found their way into the new Call of Duty as Operators:

c820dBa.jpeg

Feel free to delete this if it's off topic, but I just found it rather amusing. Apparently he and Neymar have found their way into the new Call of Duty as Operators:

c820dBa.jpeg

I’m going to buy the skin.

Team mate: Why are you ignoring the objective?

Me: I’m Paul fecking Pogba, mate.

c820dBa.jpeg

If you select him will your team have to consist of pro gamers to help unlock his potential?

If you select him will your team have to consist of pro gamers to help unlock his potential?
You mean like King Kai?

To be honest, watching that just makes you think he'd only work in a midfield where two or three players do the dirty work for him. But he isn't really a playmaker, he's more of a Sneijder type where it's either final pass or bust. Always thought Pogba had it in him to be a more balanced midfielder that would still pull this off, but more and more those Scholes quotes seemed to stay around. He is less dangerous to his own team when put up front, but you miss out of many gems when he's practically a forward.

I remember thinking, after reading about Rangnick's methods, that this would be the way to turn his 'zen' approach into a balance with consciousness of his surroundings and hard work. What a bust. I would probably say the same about Ten Hag's methods and team formations, and it could have been true. But in the end we'll have to judge him on what was and not what could have been and while he may have been the biggest talent at the club by far, ready to make dreams happen, he didn't. Whether he lost the ball by doing those weird shielding things or because the other midfielders didn't fit his play (and it would have been better if Bruno was an actual midfielder and McT and Fred would have been more solid passing options), the ball did end up at the opposition a lot and he could have 3 brilliant almost assists, but if only one would be finished, and the opposition gets big chances from either naive dispossessions or lack of midfield positioning, you'll lose more times than you'll win and eventually that will cost you.

Hopefully for him Juve can offer him a way of play and team composition that will play to his strengths. But with the current state of that Ol' Bag.... (pardon my disrespectful pun) he could not have picked a worse time to join them.

Hopefully he has a nice peak at the end of his career. Would be a joy to watch.

Last edited:
So pleased he didn't accept that batshit contract we apparently offered.

Very sorry to hear he is missing it. Especially after all the BS with his brother. Terrible news for a player his age.

Yeah thats France's hopes of retaining down the drain.
This year turned into hell for him.

So pleased he didn't accept that batshit contract we apparently offered.

I remember something coming out of his documentary how he wants to prove to United it was a mistake in making him wait for a contract.

France aren't better off without him, that idea is a non-starter.

He really should have recognised how his body was falling apart and how important treatment was instead of jetting off away from club doctors. This just seems like his other follow up injuries as in over compensating for one area

He really should have recognised how his body was falling apart and how important treatment was instead of jetting off away from club doctors. This just seems like his other follow up injuries as in over compensating for one area
Is that why happened here? I remember under Mou he apparently didn’t rate the gym work and started doing extra PT in his own time and then did his hamstring and Mou went nuts. Feel like he just does his own thing and doesn’t learn from it.