Paul Pogba - Juventus player | ban reduced - able to play competitively from March 2025

Yeah not like he was one of their best players and a leader for them in that World Cup whilst also scoring a goal in the final. Think before you speak.

Remembered the goal but didn't remember that he started the move with a ridiculous pass:

Starts at 1:53

Sad for him and for the spectacle that he misses the World Cup. Personally I think he’s Frances single most important player and without him I don’t think they stand a chance of winning. He was the only one that brought any creativity down the centre of that team. The rest can’t seem to escape Deshamps negativity!

Paul Pogba his 13 league goals and 9 league assists in the 18/19 season seems more impactfull than Eriksen his current inpact. I would have liked to see second/third season Pogba in the current squad with Casemiro and Eriksen/Bruno.

People love to hate on Pogba but during his good period he was the only fun thing to watch in an otherwise not so fun to watch Manchester United. Too bad he turned into a injury prone and less good player for his later seasons.

Solely focusing on statistics tends to skew opinions like that.

Can't say I ever enjoyed Pogba's attempts to show the world how skillful he was. Often times he'd be in the middle of the pitch with options to progress the play or keep tempo with an easy pass but he'd just hold the ball up trying to look cool.

Good riddance. We effectively replaced him with Eriksen this season and I'm sure coaching has played a part but look at how the midfield works with Eriksen right now than it ever did with Pogba.

Wonder if pogba would have cooked under ten hag. We finally brought in a coach and a DM after he left.

I doubt I will see a player so silky and skilled play in midfield for us again.

Wonder if pogba would have cooked under ten hag. We finally brought in a coach and a DM after he left.

Almost certainly would have, he would be have ages to operate in the left half space and having a player like Casemiro next to him would have been fantastically balanced.

But he almost certainly would have been injured anyway so it's not like it matters.

Absolutely disagree. He's just playing in a better team and he's actually fit to start these matches which Pogba hasnt been for a few years which was a major problem. Playing next to Lisandro and Casemiro, Pogba would be having the time of his life. But as we see from Juventus, he wouldnt be fit.

I thought he was great for Brentford last season, at the heart of everything good they were doing going forward. Most of his matches so far I've been dissappointed
Disappointed? Either you have not watched the games or somehow don't like Eriksen. Anyway just see what he can do when we buy proper forwards who can make runs unlike our present lot. His passing range is only second to Modric I would say.

Disappointed? Either you have not watched the games or somehow don't like Eriksen. Anyway just see what he can do when we buy proper forwards who can make runs unlike our present lot. His passing range is only second to Modric I would say.

He doesnt defend any more than Pogba and his use of the ball has been average for the most part, with 2 main exceptions - Arsenal and the cross this weekend. Which is better than Fred and McTom, but worse than Pogba. By this point last season Pogba had done quite a lot more, the problem then became he was unfit and didnt play much more. Still 9 assists in 16 starts in the league

Eriksen has already turned up for more matches, and performed to a level that made a difference to the result more times this season than Pogba did for us in any given full season while he was here, even disregarding injuries.
Yeah, this is not true, Pogba had periods where he was unplayable and way more decisive than Eriksen has been in any game. The important difference is that Eriksen is a better fit for what we need behind Bruno: a reliable passer with good decision-making who can control the pace of the game and act as a counterweight to Bruno's erratic playing style.

Not one United fan has said

Jees I miss Pogba

I'm sure you'll find a few from his cult on here. Probably not posting it on the forum but in their heads they'd want their man back. So good to be rid of this toxic player.

Yeah, this is not true, Pogba had periods where he was unplayable and way more decisive than Eriksen has been in any game. The important difference is that Eriksen is a better fit for what we need behind Bruno: a reliable passer with good decision-making who can control the pace of the game and act as a counterweight to Bruno's erratic playing style.

Or we actually need to replace Bruno with a proper midfield who dont function like jeckyl and Hyde

Can't say I ever enjoyed Pogba's attempts to show the world how skillful he was. Often times he'd be in the middle of the pitch with options to progress the play or keep tempo with an easy pass but he'd just hold the ball up trying to look cool.

Good riddance. We effectively replaced him with Eriksen this season and I'm sure coaching has played a part but look at how the midfield works with Eriksen right now than it ever did with Pogba.

Absolutely spot on, which many on here don't seem to understand. Not just about Pogba, but about any player in football. Stats maybe show you half of a player's game, maybe even less.

Remember that time he had 5 assists in the 1st game of the season, and then maybe another one or two in the 2nd game, and we'd have all sorts of comparison tables 3 games into the season showing that Pogba had 6-7 assists in 2 games.
He then went on a barren run for the next 10 games or so and still people were saying "but but he has 6-7 assists in 13 games!". 5 of those were against Leeds I think, one of the most open teams in the league.
Arguing with stats and disregarding any form of eye test is simply burying one's head in the sand and disregarding everything else.

Are there stats for how many times he

- lost the ball in a dangerous position leading to a dangerous opposition chance (don't just count goals conceded, look at the overall picture, the number of times we conceded a corner as a result, the number of times our defenders/keeper had to make a great tackle/save)
- hogged the ball in the middle of the pitch to show his strength to the world, instead of progressing the play and actually playing football
- had negative defensive contributions (the stupid handball penalties, losing his man at corners etc.)
- the lapses in concentration in midfield etc.

Paul Pogba his 13 league goals and 9 league assists in the 18/19 season seems more impactfull than Eriksen his current inpact. I would have liked to see second/third season Pogba in the current squad with Casemiro and Eriksen/Bruno.

People love to hate on Pogba but during his good period he was the only fun thing to watch in an otherwise not so fun to watch Manchester United. Too bad he turned into a injury prone and less good player for his later seasons.

Injury prone my ***. The guy was a good weather player. Only happy when it was easy for him, once things didn't go his way, he would sulk.

I don't want a player who can go on a run over a space of 10 games. I want a player who fight in the trenches and will give the players around him the lift they also need. Pogbas go to move was his agent and the media.

Absolute nonsense. He was everything wrong either United.

Yeah not like he was one of their best players and a leader for them in that World Cup whilst also scoring a goal in the final. Think before you speak.
Thanks for patronising me for expressing an opinion. The chancer took the total piss out of the fans and the club through his time at Utd and he still has people defending him in here.

So, Pogba's injured, on a fat contract, has missed some important games and will not be available in a major tournament when his team(s) needs him. What's new?

- lost the ball in a dangerous position leading to a dangerous opposition chance (don't just count goals conceded, look at the overall picture, the number of times we conceded a corner as a result, the number of times our defenders/keeper had to make a great tackle/save)
- hogged the ball in the middle of the pitch to show his strength to the world, instead of progressing the play and actually playing football
- had negative defensive contributions (the stupid handball penalties, losing his man at corners etc.)

If there are some need to be provided for Harry in the Maguire thread because he does all these things which is even worse as he's a defender.

Almost certainly would have, he would be have ages to operate in the left half space and having a player like Casemiro next to him would have been fantastically balanced.

But he almost certainly would have been injured anyway so it's not like it matters.
Agree with this. PP has been broken physically since 2020-ish. I’d be extremely surprised if he plays a full 35+ league game season ever again, which is a shame.

Thanks for patronising me for expressing an opinion. The chancer took the total piss out of the fans and the club through his time at Utd and he still has people defending him in here.
My Apologies if you felt offended. But we are talking about him playing for France not for United. I don’t think people would say the same thing about his performances for us. You need to separate the two things.

This, pretty much. Felt the same way where he would receive the pass, players around him were in positions for an easy pass, but he would linger on it, dribble a little, hold off defenders, then ultimately losing the ball or playing the simple pass he could have played 20 seconds earlier. Nuisance of a player most of the time.

Absolutely spot on, which many on here don't seem to understand. Not just about Pogba, but about any player in football. Stats maybe show you half of a player's game, maybe even less.

Remember that time he had 5 assists in the 1st game of the season, and then maybe another one or two in the 2nd game, and we'd have all sorts of comparison tables 3 games into the season showing that Pogba had 6-7 assists in 2 games.
He then went on a barren run for the next 10 games or so and still people were saying "but but he has 6-7 assists in 13 games!". 5 of those were against Leeds I think, one of the most open teams in the league.
Arguing with stats and disregarding any form of eye test is simply burying one's head in the sand and disregarding everything else.

This. Hes the definition of a luxury player. Making world class offensive contribution every other game is one thing, but if your team is playing 10 v 11 on defense then you're not top class

In all seriousness, what is the issue with him getting so many injuries? Is it recurrence injuries, or new ones?

Always amazes me how some players like him and Martial struggle with so many injuries, reminds me of Anderton at Spurs and Saha too. A shame for them.

In all seriousness, what is the issue with him getting so many injuries? Is it recurrence injuries, or new ones?

Always amazes me how some players like him and Martial struggle with so many injuries, reminds me of Anderton at Spurs and Saha too. A shame for them.
A few factors to it, usually primarily having rushed back previously leaves some weakness, then there’s just generally ageing and the muscles not being as elastic as they once were. Then there enters niggles where after one serious injury where they don’t have the same confidence in their body as they did so won’t play through.

Also the old boxing idiom of “getting punched in the face hurts a lot more when you don’t need to”

He had a hamstring injury back in 2017 where he was out for a while. He was rehabilitating in Miami and not at Carrington but I feel ever since then, his playing style changed and I think its because of that injury. He just looked awkward when running and has had a lot of injuries after that.

Why are people still so hateful in here ffs :lol:

I thought you all said he just didn't want to play for United and was faking injuries because he didn't care?

Turns out his body is just failing him - it happens. Why can't you all just move on?

If anything i'm thankful for Pogba standing up to that tyrant dinosaur Mourinho. if he didn't argue against his boring football he'd probably still be here parking the bus

Reminded me of so many bad memories.it’s like a trauma.
But it’s nothing personal and I really hope he recovers soon and set the football world on fire.

A few factors to it, usually primarily having rushed back previously leaves some weakness, then there’s just generally ageing and the muscles not being as elastic as they once were. Then there enters niggles where after one serious injury where they don’t have the same confidence in their body as they did so won’t play through.

Also the old boxing idiom of “getting punched in the face hurts a lot more when you don’t need to”
He had a hamstring injury back in 2017 where he was out for a while. He was rehabilitating in Miami and not at Carrington but I feel ever since then, his playing style changed and I think its because of that injury. He just looked awkward when running and has had a lot of injuries after that.

Cheers. Yeah definitely seems to be a combination of these things. Horrible for players when they are perennially injured.

Why are people still so hateful in here ffs :lol:

I thought you all said he just didn't want to play for United and was faking injuries because he didn't care?

Turns out his body is just failing him - it happens. Why can't you all just move on?

If anything i'm thankful for Pogba standing up to that tyrant dinosaur Mourinho. if he didn't argue against his boring football he'd probably still be here parking the bus
Why are you obsessed with other people's opinion on Pogba? Everyone is free to do whatever they want.

I've had enough of that clown for a lifetime. Always half assing it, and injured otherwise. ETH would have benched him first thing, with his lazy workrate and giving the ball to the opposition in our half. He would have like 5 good games in 30, just enough to compile a good YT reel for the year.

This is true. Imagine if the mentality and fight of the likes of Casemiro and Martinez had rubbed off on him. Would need to stay fit of course.

Without any doubt.
I really doubt he would. One of our biggest improvements has been the midfield, and that's before Casemiro started to play, when we were still using mctominany.

Why are you obsessed with other people's opinion on Pogba? Everyone is free to do whatever they want.

I've had enough of that clown for a lifetime. Always half assing it, and injured otherwise. ETH would have benched him first thing, with his lazy workrate and giving the ball to the opposition in our half. He would have like 5 good games in 30, just enough to compile a good YT reel for the year.
If you feel so strongly you should probably just mute the thread, it isn’t healthy to get this hot and bothered, particularly when he’s long gone already.

This goes for a solid 90% of the posts in this thread to be honest.

It’s a shame about Pogba with his injuries. . At the Euros he was one of the best players in the tournament so a big miss.

Hope he gets back to fitness but we saw the best of him regardless in his first few years here.

I’ve never had a problem with him personally. I’d argue he was managed by the wrong crowd sadly but a great footballer on his day even for United.

He actually did like the club too so I will always wish our ex players well unless their name is Di Maria.

His injury problems can be traced to his ankle fracture that he suffered in September 2019 and was then misdiagnosed by club doctors and exploited by Solskjaer. He played two games injured with this fracture and worse still returned 3 months later and played another 2 games before being advised by his own doctors to receive surgery. He has never really recovered from it. He averaged 40 games a season before this unfortunate episode.

Martial and Rashford were also similarly exploited because we had a selfish man in charge that was desperate to protect his job and would go to any lengths to save it. I dont think people realize the extent of the damage he caused.